Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park and Fly Rates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Park and Fly rates, does the total earn points?

I'm looking at a park and fly rate at the Doubletree LAX for $179, which includes one night stay and 14 days parking. This is bookable directly through HHonors.com, so would the whole rate earn base points?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
I have used park and fly often and all the money spent counts for points
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Ditto for the Homewood Suites at SFO
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Ditto for the Homewood Suites at SFO
.... and for the Doubletree SFO.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
Ditto for the Doubletree SEA.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've used the Doubletree SFO many times for Park and Fly, as well as some other HH properties, and the entire amount has earned points. Mind you, these all had on-site parking.

I haven't tried this, but IMO if I did a Park and Fly with the HGI SFO - Burlingame, which has the "Park" portion at the adjacent Anza Park and Sky, I'd not expect points for the parking portion, since it is offsite and with a separate service provider.
Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
I've used the Doubletree SFO many times for Park and Fly, as well as some other HH properties, and the entire amount has earned points. Mind you, these all had on-site parking.

I haven't tried this, but IMO if I did a Park and Fly with the HGI SFO - Burlingame, which has the "Park" portion at the adjacent Anza Park and Sky, I'd not expect points for the parking portion, since it is offsite and with a separate service provider.
Who do you pay for the parking portion? If you pay it at the HGI, I'd expect the points. If you pay Anza P&S, I wouldn't.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
(There's something nice about rehashing an old thread rather than starting a new one)

I've a question on Park-n-Fly rates. I've got an early morning int'l flight out of Dulles Airport where I'll be gone for 2 weeks. I found an incredible rate of $69 for the Hamption Inn Airport for the night before. I looked into the park-n-fly rate, but it's $199.

Now, parking's going to cost me $125 in economy... so that rate does me no good.

But has anyone had any luck negotiating with the hotel once they arrive for a set fee to park there? I thought about offering the manager $50 to let me leave my car there... perhaps even in cash. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Uniter
(There's something nice about rehashing an old thread rather than starting a new one)

I've a question on Park-n-Fly rates. I've got an early morning int'l flight out of Dulles Airport where I'll be gone for 2 weeks. I found an incredible rate of $69 for the Hamption Inn Airport for the night before. I looked into the park-n-fly rate, but it's $199.

Now, parking's going to cost me $125 in economy... so that rate does me no good.

But has anyone had any luck negotiating with the hotel once they arrive for a set fee to park there? I thought about offering the manager $50 to let me leave my car there... perhaps even in cash. Any thoughts?
Call and explain to the manager about the rates, etc. You can ask if you can leave it there, but they will probably want a daily rate for parking.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Call and explain to the manager about the rates, etc. You can ask if you can leave it there, but they will probably want a daily rate for parking.
The hotel rate is set for 14 days max of parking ONLY for park-n-fly. Otherwise, parking is free. So there's no daily rate.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:55 pm

There are two Hamptons at Dulles

Originally Posted by Uniter
The hotel rate is set for 14 days max of parking ONLY for park-n-fly. Otherwise, parking is free. So there's no daily rate.

There are two Hamptons at Dulles. Have you tried both?

The last time that I used a Park and Fly rate, the weekend rate was abt $70 without parking and $109 with up to 21 days of parking. The WEEKDAY rate with parking was about $179.

I suggest that you have a look at both Hamptons and read the fine print.

With regard to your proposed "bribe", think thru the situation if something happens to your car while you are out of town.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
There are two Hamptons at Dulles. Have you tried both?

The last time that I used a Park and Fly rate, the weekend rate was abt $70 without parking and $109 with up to 21 days of parking. The WEEKDAY rate with parking was about $179.

I suggest that you have a look at both Hamptons and read the fine print.

With regard to your proposed "bribe", think thru the situation if something happens to your car while you are out of town.
Good point about the bribe. But maybe the manager will do it legally if I ask.

Sadly, I'm staying at what FT'ers call the "crappy" Hampton Dulles Airport (ie, it gets bad reviews). It's a Sunday night, so it's the weekday rate I found. The $69 rate I booked a few months ago was a bit of a fluke... it's not there anymore. Thanks for the tips, though.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:35 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Hilton terms and conditions* are quite explicit - you can pay the Hilton property, but if the supplier is not Hilton, you generally get nothing. For example, at the Hilton Buenos Aires, they heartily suggest you charge lots to your room - the hotel restaurants, remise taxis, and they even have arrangements with restaurants like the nearby (and excellent) Cabaņa Las Lilas to charge the bill to your room.

You won't get points for any of it, other than the hotel restaurant, laundry, and the like. So, my guess is that you may well not get points at the HGI Burlingame for parking at the Anza Park and Sky, because they are not HGI-operated; if you do, it is an interesting exception to the rule. At Doubletree Burlingame, you park on site in their lot - you get points.

*"...hotels as well as other selected participating hotels - may omit for purposes of point accrual, incidental charges or charges to the Member's room for non-affiliated hotel entities which are not owned and/or operated by the hotel including, but not limited to, food and beverage outlets, gift shop, drugstore, clothes, gallery or specialty stores, recreational or entertainment concessions."

(Yes, the reply is a year later - but the information here may be of use to other members.)

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Who do you pay for the parking portion? If you pay it at the HGI, I'd expect the points. If you pay Anza P&S, I wouldn't.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 10:39 am

When you book "Park and Fly" rates, you do not pay for your parking separately. It's just a room rate, and the hotel validates your parking. Full amount earns HH points.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:49 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
I have always earned points with Park and fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.