Search

Delta Awards for HH Points

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2002, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Delta Awards for HH Points

I just redeemed to Delta Awards for 50 HH points.

I received the booklet that contains both coupons (a 10k & 40K ). Do I separate those 2 from the booklet, fill them out & send them in? Or, should I fill them in & send the whole booklet.

I forgot what I did the last time, plus I'm almost certain that it was only one coupon.

As a side note - I ordered the delta award on Thurs 3/27. It was in my mailbox on Mon 4/1. Now, that's what I call good service!

Mary
Old Apr 3, 2002, 10:45 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mary2e:
As a side note - I ordered the delta award on Thurs 3/27. It was in my mailbox on Mon 4/1. Now, that's what I call good service!
</font>
Definitely. Getting a paper HHonors award out of DL is quick. In contrast, getting an electronic HHonors award out of CO Onepass can take weeks . . .
Old Apr 3, 2002, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Are those certs transferable, or do they have an HHonors account number/name on them?
Old Apr 3, 2002, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
Are those certs transferable, or do they have an HHonors account number/name on them?</font>
They have my name on them. No HH account number, just my Delta number. I don't know if they're transferrable, but I'll look at them when I get home tonight & get back to you.

Mary
Old Apr 3, 2002, 8:39 pm

Mary,
I just finished doing the exact same thing. In my case I had two delta certs in the booklet...I simply detached the certs, indicated my hhonors number on each one, typed out a brief cover letter stating my intent to deposit the certs in my hhonors account and mailed them to the address indicated on the cert. The points were deposited in my account in 8 or 9 days.
James
Old Apr 4, 2002, 5:37 am
Original Poster

The Delta Certificates have my name on them and specifically indicate on the front that they are not transferrable. Also, redeposit is $40

Hope this helps.

Mary
Old Apr 4, 2002, 5:38 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JamesW:
Mary,
I just finished doing the exact same thing. In my case I had two delta certs in the booklet...I simply detached the certs, indicated my hhonors number on each one, typed out a brief cover letter stating my intent to deposit the certs in my hhonors account and mailed them to the address indicated on the cert. The points were deposited in my account in 8 or 9 days.
James
</font>
Thanks much. I seem to remember my last redemption posting pretty quickly.

Mary
Old Apr 4, 2002, 1:54 pm

posted by 767-322....

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Getting a paper HHonors award out of DL is quick</font>
Not always. Delta debited my account on March 19, 2002 - No certs as of today!
Old Apr 4, 2002, 10:00 pm

What is the link to redeem CO miles electronicaly-- I can't find it. Appreciate it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 767-322ETOPS:
Definitely. Getting a paper HHonors award out of DL is quick. In contrast, getting an electronic HHonors award out of CO Onepass can take weeks . . . </font>
Old Apr 5, 2002, 1:36 pm

What is the link to redeem CO miles electronicaly-- I can't find it. Appreciate it.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 767-322ETOPS:
Definitely. Getting a paper HHonors award out of DL is quick. In contrast, getting an electronic HHonors award out of CO Onepass can take weeks . . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no link! You have to call Continental and they transfer the miles to Hilton. Delte will send you a (paper-) cert, which you send to Hilton to credit HHonor points

[This message has been edited by USAFAN (edited 04-05-2002).]
Old Apr 6, 2002, 2:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by USAFAN:
</font>
There is no link. You call CO, then they will transfer OP miles into HH points for you electronically (as opposite to DL's mailing you paper certs that you need in turn mail to HH).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.