Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Point Redemption-Comp Breakfast or Not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2002, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Can I expect the usual 2 breakfast coupons(Gold status) when I am redeeming points for a stay at a Hilton Garden Inn or do the points simply pertain to room and taxes. In case your comments might be site specific, the property in issue is the HGI in Renton (Seattle Airport). thanks for your help.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 11:26 am

At Hilton Hawaiian Village on an ALON(points) stay we were given 4 breakfast coupons per day.
I called HGI renton and the desk clerk said as a Gold on a points stay you would get continental breakfast.

[This message has been edited by SAN man (edited 03-30-2002).]
Old Mar 30, 2002, 2:03 pm

As has been discussed many times on this forum, award stays are SUPPOSED to receive all the benefits. In other words, it should be treated exactly like a paid stay, which it is. You have "paid" for it by earning points in compliance with the rules of the program.

Having said that, it has only been the case 3 times out of four, for me personally.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
When I recently booked an award stay (for the Shanghai Hilton in June) I asked the CSR this very question.

Her response was, in essence, that the status benefits promised to VIP members are given regardless of whether the stay is a paid or award stay.

So, that's the "supposed to." This will be my first HHonors award stay....

Kathy
Old Mar 31, 2002, 12:27 am
Original Member

Hmmm. I'll be at the Waldorf Astoria on an award stay next month. Wonder if there are comp breakfast coupons in store for me there? (I'm Gold.)
Old Apr 2, 2002, 9:08 am

Bluebonnet, please let us know the results of your visit to the Waldorf next month. There was a thread of mixed reviews from people stays at the Waldorf last month.
Old Apr 2, 2002, 10:45 am

An award stay at Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn, will always get you breakfast. Of course it will get anyone breakfast. I have had at least ten award stays in the last year (only one at an Embassy or Hampton) all I have been given breakfast without any confrontation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.