Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Zero Rate

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2002, 10:47 am

Hey cactus....didn't you post that you maximize the number of E Rewards you get by
lying about your areas of interest? What is your definition of situational ethics? kind of makes me wonder about these "holier than thou" posts.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve B:
Hey cactus....didn't you post that you maximize the number of E Rewards you get by
lying about your areas of interest? What is your definition of situational ethics? kind of makes me wonder about these "holier than thou" posts.
</font>
No, I did not post such a statement. You must be mistaken. Get your facts straight.
Old Mar 30, 2002, 7:21 pm

Yes......you did
Old Mar 30, 2002, 7:23 pm

want me to post a link?
Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:26 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
I recently went into a Food Lion grocery store to buy Tylenol, there was a store brand shelf tagged at $3.79, and on each of the 20 bottles there was a small sticker that said 193. I assumed that it was on sale for $1.93. When I went to the register, it rang as $3.79. I asked to see the mamager, who said "The 193 was not a price as it did not have a dollar sign". I pointed to the front window where there were lots os ale prices with no dollar signs. That did not help. She then said "We can not afford to sell that bottle for $1.93" I said "How do I know what price you can afford to sell it at? You have 2 for 1 sales all the time." I walked out of the store and bought the same product at Eckers in the same strip mall for $1.07.
Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve B:
want me to post a link?</font>
Dont leave the rest of us holding our breath....Post it

Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mm42:
Attempting to take advantage of an obvious mistake like this is dishonest and shameful behavior.

If the checkout clerk at the grocery store accidentally gives you $20 extra change, do you keep it?

If you find an item on the shelf with no price tag, do you stick it in your pocket and walk out the door?

Hilton is run by imperfect human beings like any other business. If they make a mistake, it doesn't justify this sort of behavior. Next time, why not call them up and let them know they goofed? It might give you more satisfaction than trying to rip them off.
</font>
Not so sure I agree with this part: Attempting to take advantage of an obvious mistake like this is dishonest and shameful behavior.

Last year I was at a convention at the San Diego Wyndham (cant remember which one..not important) Convention rate was $179.00. I always double check Convention rates as they are not always the least expensive.

Called 800 number and was told the rate was $29.00. I said $129? Reservationest said no sir, $29. I said book it Danno. And, BTW&lt; fax me a confirmation.

Got Confirmation for $29.

I knew that this was a mistake, I just wanted to have some fun. Week before meeting I called and reconfirmed 29.00 Yep

Got to hotel...Absolutely not...170.00 lowest rate in house. Showed confirmation and they said no way. I checked in at 179.

Just as a sanity check, I called 800 number and rechecked..(I did not complain or ask for anything, just price.....29.00)

15 minutes later, Hotel Asst Manager called and said there was a discrepancy..but had to check with manager. I said not to worry. I expected a call back, maybe giving me one nite at 29... maybe giving me a dinner.. But lo and behold, Manager called first thing next AM and said that indeed a mistake had been made BUT it was not my mistake it was hotels and I got 6 nites at San Diego Wyndam ant 29.00 per nite.

So mm42, sometimes it is a mistake, sometimes it is a promo. My question to you is.. How are we to know which? (Remember when Flamingo Hilton gave 2 nights at 0.00 to fill the empty house?)
Old Mar 31, 2002, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I wrote Wyndham Corp and said that their response was more than could be expected. Got a letter from Pres saying they always honor their mistakes and they always back their employees by empowering them to correct mistakes in customers behalf (with no recriminations to employees who screwed up)

Happy story
Old Mar 31, 2002, 2:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:

I knew that this was a mistake ....

So mm42, sometimes it is a mistake, sometimes it is a promo. My question to you is.. How are we to know which?
</font>
You knew. Doesn't seem like you need my advice to figure it out.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 1:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mm42:
You knew. Doesn't seem like you need my advice to figure it out.</font>

I find this pretty amusing, what rate do you not need to stop questioning when reserving a room? FYI, I got a room at the NY W for $25 a night, should I have offered to pay Starwood another $150?

If they post a price, they should be willing to own up for it. The problem is that the franchise owner should not have to put up with the mistakes made by the mother company, IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.