Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 7:43 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
Would you recommend this property or the Hilton Universal City ? I am looking for a base for sightseeing.
Old May 23, 2003, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Humaniod:
Would you recommend this property or the Hilton Universal City ? I am looking for a base for sightseeing.</font>
The Universal City Hilton!!!
Don't even think about choosing the Woodland Hills property. I live near by and have stayed at both as a Diamond. I think the Woodland Hills Hilton is somewhat dumpy, for a Hilton. The Universal however, is great and better located. The UH also does a great job upgrading HH people.
Old May 24, 2003, 8:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SST:
Do they give you any other b'fast arrangements? Cold croissants and OJ in the lounge? Or is the lounge now closed on weekends too? In other words, are they just plain noncompliant now?</font>
The lounge is closed on weekend mornings, so as a G or D, there is now no comp breakfast avail on weekends. The lounge is also closed F-Sun eves, and there's no turndown service these nights either.

AS for other compliancy issues, they are fairly decent - but not outstanding like some of the other properties.

GMF

Old May 26, 2003, 9:07 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> The lounge is closed on weekend mornings, so as a G or D, there is now no comp breakfast avail on weekends. The lounge is also closed F-Sun eves, and there's no turndown service these nights either.

AS for other compliancy issues, they are fairly decent - but not outstanding like some of the other properties.
</font>
Is there an alternative Hilton property? If so you need to let the manager know you are taking your business there because you've earned the Diamond Status and have NO intention of being treated like an occassional customer. You can stay at any hotel and be treated as an occassional customer.
NO benefits = you might as well shop by price.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I stayed here last weekend and had no problems whatsoever. Checked in late Friday night at the $71 AAA rate and they had already assigned me to a Tower room on the 15th Floor complete with free bottled water, robes, etc.
Alas no lounge on weekend (rather typical) but they did give us breakfast coupons for each day. Also all hotel guests have free access to the LA Fitness club across from the hotel entrance (not to be confused with the upscale LA Sports chain) which was rather mediocre by health club standards (i.e. bring your own towel) but much better than the gyms at most hotels.

Overall I thought the rooms were a small cut above the W.H. Marriott, my only complaints were:

(1) No a.m. newspaper delivery (I guess they couldn't cut a deal with the LA Times, though the LA Daily News was free at the concierge)

(2) No room service between midnight and 6am, further exacerbated by lack of minibar or even hotel bar. Your only option for late night food is to drive to the nearest Tommy's or Jerry's Deli, assuming you have a car.

(3) Lack of in-room refrigerators or minibars.

FYI - It is not too difficult to avoid the absurd parking fees if you are willing to walk a long block or two past the cheesecake factory as there is plenty free street parking at the next intersection. DO NOT PAY ridiculous valet charges for parking in the suburbs (unless you are in a rush or can expense it).
Old Sep 27, 2004, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo

FYI - It is not too difficult to avoid the absurd parking fees if you are willing to walk a long block or two past the cheesecake factory as there is plenty free street parking at the next intersection.
For the benefit of non-locals, I presume Boraxo is talking about parking on Erwin Street, between Owensmouth and Variel.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...+CA&country=us

Craig6z

Last edited by Moderator2; Sep 27, 2004 at 1:48 pm
Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Moderator2
For the benefit of non-locals, I presume Boraxo is talking about parking on Erwin Street, between Owensmouth and Variel.
Yes, that's it! I wasn't driving on this trip and didn't make a note of the street name.

Free validated parking is also available from the Cheesecake Factory next to the hotel (though probably not overnight)
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:31 am
SST

I should note for the record that since my stay (above) with the addled old gentleman at the desk, I have stayed once more this past year, and neither the addled old fellow or the problem have resurfaced. In fact, the staff was pretty professional, despite not being able to tell me where to go OTHER than the hotel for a drink (early in the week, the bar had NOBODY in it and it was about 10 Pm. I know the area pretty well, so I was just seeking suggestions rather than going to the nearby TGI Fridays, but they had none).

The morning breakfast at the executive lounge was truly superior, and the staff there was welcoming. I, too, got a nice view room, and all is forgiven. I will be back again.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just finished another excellent stay here. Front desk was wonderful and upgraded us to a huge room (supposedly not a "suite," can only imagine what those look like!) on the HHonors floor. Wish they were all this nice, particularly for the rate paid.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:44 am

How far is this property from Universal Studios? It's about half the price of the Hilton Universal City.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by glenngpr
How far is this property from Universal Studios? It's about half the price of the Hilton Universal City.
It's about 15 miles west of there.

Mike
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:16 pm

Hilton WH vs Hilton Universal

Originally Posted by glenngpr

It is about 17 miles away. The drive can be a bear if you are going during prime time, but well worth it to get a decent rate.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Just want to add to the "nice experiences" at this hotel. Both the weekend buffet and the lounge breakfasts are good. We were given a room on the top floor (15 I think), and it was at the very end of the hall. I'm not sure if it was a suite b/c there was only one room, but it was quite large. The wierd thing about the room was that the room door opened outward into the hall, as opposed to the usual opening into the room itself. Has anyone else had this room? There's nothing wrong with it, but it was just odd.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:33 pm

We stayed at the Hilton Woodland Hills this past weekend -- regular room, 3rd floor. The room was spotless, and the staff was helpful. Parking is annoying -- not only is it $12/day, but you've got to be very careful to drive around the parking structure to find the area where hotel guests can park, and then make you way back through less than wonderfully marked pedestrian walkways -- it isn't attached to the hotel.

Only three (minor) negatives:
I had to use the business center computers to print out boarding passes, and the keys on the keyboard felt like they'd been carefully greased for my convenience. Ditto on the glass tabletop the keyboard rested on. Ick.

And maybe it is just me, but I'm not in love with the duvet system -- I was too bloody hot underneath the duvet, but really wanted something more than a sheet. With the all-in-one packaging I kept sticking my legs out, then pulling them back under the covers when I got cold. Pillows were plentiful and very, very dense.

The air conditioner in our room was very noisy every time it turned on -- it sounded like a buzz saw. It woke both of us up several times during the night.

Overall, it was a good hotel and I'd stay there again.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:27 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
lupine, were you able to take advantage of the "free" continental breakfast? When my wife and I stayed there four nights last summer, the executive lounge offerings were cheesy.

Agree about the AC system. Ours on the top floor was also very noisy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.