Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost perks with HH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sylvest941:
Can we then conclude that HHonors is just perfect?
Then, why so many complaints when bonuses are withdrawn???
Mr Hilton, please, remove the "Points & Miles"...
</font>
No, but if you are going to just try and draw up a list of benefits that have been removed also look at what gains there have been. Of course people are going to complain when things are removed, they arn't going to complain about benefits added are they.

Dave
Old Mar 25, 2002, 4:45 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:

No, but if you are going to just try and draw up a list of benefits that have been removed also look at what gains there have been. Of course people are going to complain when things are removed, they arn't going to complain about benefits added are they.

Dave
</font>
I just hate the Gold Status that my wife and I earned last year (until 4/2003), not to mention the 100,000 bonus points we each netted from those promotions!

Old Mar 25, 2002, 7:55 pm

Location: Atlanta, GA - SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Delta Silver
I agree that the easy 50K were a nice promo. But the 50K is only worthwhile if you can apply it towards a VIP award (like ALON). Otherwise, the 50K will net you 2 - 2.5 nights in an average property.

I think that the Starwood free weekend nights is on par with the HH 50K promotions. The 2 free weekend nights after 5 nights can prove far more valuable than the 50K HHonors points. The only downside to this promotion is the short timeframe for redemption.Also, Starwood ran free weekends twice last year, and currently are running it again this year. Hilton has been very quiet on the promotion front this year.

I sent an email to HHonors, to complain about the recent changes. I provided a real world example comparing the number of stays required to earn a free weekday night in a midlevel property, factoring all current bonuses. Assuming a $70 one night stay at a Hampton, or Four Points, and redeeming at an Executive Level, or a Starwood Level 2. The stays required for Starwood were 4.1 per free night. With HHonors the stays required were 5.3 before the recent changes, and 7.8 after the changes. The loss of 1,250 points per stay, has reduced the total point earned by nearly 50%.

As much as I appreciate the generous promotions HHonors have run in the past. It is a shame that they are dismantling what was the best program in existence. It is fast becoming the equivalent of Marriott Rewards, with a handful of airline miles.

&lt;edit to correct grammar&gt;

[This message has been edited by MagicMan19 (edited 03-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by MagicMan19 (edited 03-25-2002).]
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
I just hate the Gold Status that my wife and I earned last year (until 4/2003), not to mention the 100,000 bonus points we each netted from those promotions! </font>
I stand corrected. People will still complain about benefits added.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.