Wiki Posts
Search

Help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Help

Hey, this is my first post on this thread, and I come begging help!

My girlfriend is in the airforce in London, and is moving to Turkey at the start of April. She needs to stay at the Hilton at T4, and has to pay on her credit card to claim her expenses. Can she use my HiltonHonors card at time of booking?

I kind of need the points, as I will be staying in Istanbul when I go to visit, and could do with the status. So far I have a couple of stays at the O'Hare Hilton, but nothing huge.

What do you guys think? If it is a stupid idea please don't be afraid to say so!

Cheers all.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 4:38 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
Well this probably would work, if the reservation is in your name. Your girlfriend however, would only get a bill in your name, so I don't know how that would affect he getting reimbursed.

It all depends how check-in goes. She could say that she was your wife and you were coming in on a flight later in the day. When you make the reservation online, you could add her name to the reservation and this should take care of check-in problems.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 3:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Vandamm:
Hey, this is my first post on this thread, and I come begging help!

My girlfriend is in the airforce in London, and is moving to Turkey at the start of April. She needs to stay at the Hilton at T4, and has to pay on her credit card to claim her expenses. Can she use my HiltonHonors card at time of booking?

I kind of need the points, as I will be staying in Istanbul when I go to visit, and could do with the status. So far I have a couple of stays at the O'Hare Hilton, but nothing huge.

What do you guys think? If it is a stupid idea please don't be afraid to say so!

Cheers all.</font>
Matthew,

Typically you cannot gain points if not paying directly or checking in yourself...at check-in your g/f will be asked HH credentials, if not in her name I doubt they will proceed. One option has been detailed to you in the previous post, there might be something else (not too sure).

I'm actually more interested by your comment on status. You may be misinformed: the number of points you have in your account has very little to do with your status, it’s the stays that count. SPG does provide at check-in (to the clerk) a listing of Platinum/Gold guests with their points total for the purpose of offering on-the-spot services, but not Hilton. Besides, it means very little, you could be a Diamond many times over and have used all your points...

So basically, what counts is the type of card you hold (which you didn't mention). I’m assuming you’re Gold, this should be more than sufficient for recognition in Istanbul.

In this respect, the nights your g/f spends in T4 will not count towards a stay, except if you check-in with her (which incidentally might reduce the cost). You say she needs to pay with her CC - is it so? What if she provides a fully detailed bill?

If your concern is only to get a better status, I would thus suggest that you don’t really need to design a complicated plan for the sake of a few points… you’re probably better off contacting the hotel direct (FTers here will no doubt be able to help) and ensuring a nice upgrade or preferential treatment.

[This message has been edited by Canista (edited 03-26-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.