Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The real deal on threshold bonus!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The real deal on threshold bonus!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2002, 8:48 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hfly:
I did have a stay in Jan, but have not received my statement yet. If I do not receive my statement before March 31st, how much you wanna bet I get the bonus next quarter?!?</font>
Please share your secret on how you will do it!
Old Mar 22, 2002, 8:51 pm

Programs: NW Gold/SPG Plat/Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EWR-COflyer:
candidly, I disagree... get rid of FTD.com, automallonline.com and keep the 4k threshold bonus... reward those that stay, and punish those that do not...

besides, doesn't HH get paid via the Reward Transfer?
</font>
Hilton will not get rid of FTD.com, automallonline.com because they GENERATE revenue. These firms are buying points from Hilton to award to people.

Threshold bonuses on the other hand are a giveaway. So whilt they were nice while we had them, I am afraid there is not much that will happen to reinstitute them. Unless, that is Hilton finds itself cometiting with similar bonuses from Sheraton, Hyatt, Holiday Inn etc. At least that is my take on it.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andrew14302:
Hilton will not get rid of FTD.com, automallonline.com because they GENERATE revenue. These firms are buying points from Hilton to award to people. </font>
this would seem to be contrary to the HH company line:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesmilesmiles, attributed to HH service desk:
"Based on the numerous outlets available to our Hilton HHonors members for earning bonus points, such as the Reward Exchange program, AutoMall.com,and FTD.com, it has been determined that the Airline Partner bonus and Threshold bonus are currently not financially feasible.</font>
as stated before, I agree with you... I think that they *are* getting money from those programs, which makes the "not financially feasible" comment difficult to digest...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.