Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Tampa, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Tampa, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
I just stayed at the ES by Harbour Island and it was very nice - altho not as close to the stadium as the others discussed.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 8:06 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I just stayed at the Doubletree Rocky Point and I am all smiles.

The directions on the Doubletree.com website are wrong--- mapquest too-- tells you to take a right at one point when it should be a left. If you will be staying there, call them for accurate directions.

And that is the only negative thing I have to say!

I was very surprised to have been upgraded to a dreamy VIP-type room; I have very little status with Hilton (all my work travel for the last 3 months or so has been to clients who are next door to Marriotts) and my jaw dropped when I opened the door to the second-from-the-end suite (6th floor). The rooms are huge; I could easily have had a meeting in the sitting room; the computer work area came with 4 office chairs and still plenty of space. All furnishings were wear-free. Nicely appointed room. One of the things that really got me was ***Ample electrical outlets!!*** Yes, I could charge my iPod, laptop, cell phone and PDA all at once without having to unplug the lamp and the clock!

I had an amazing view of whatever body of water that is behind the hotel, overlooking the pool, with windows big enough to actually enjoy the view.

I love the mp3-player-alarm clocks that I am seeing more often in Hilton properties.

The very nice man that checked me in called me about 15 minutes later to ask if the room was to my liking (I have never, ever had anyone in a hotel do that, not even Marriott where I have tons of status). The staff called me by name consistently. If a staff member shared an elevator with me, they didn't make small talk--- they actually had a short conversation with me. Lots of little details--- I had asked for a second cookie after returning from dinner the first night of my stay, and the desk agent who gave it to me offered me another when he saw me the next evening. Housekeeping left fresh toiletries even though the little bottles were only half-empty (pet peeve of mine is no new shampoo bottle because if I go in the pool I need to wash my hair again and I can't do that and a shower the next morning on half a tiny shampoo). It seemed like the staff really enjoyed taking care of their guests.

Beautiful property and outstanding staff. My only regret is that the new guy we just hired is going to take over our Tampa customer so I probably won't get the chance to go back.

Last edited by dcpatti; Jun 7, 2007 at 7:14 am
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:09 am

Programs: Hilton (Gold), Starwood
Doubletree Beach Resort North Redington Beach versus Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort

Thinking of a Florida family beach vacation this summer. Anyone stay at both of these properties? I'm wondering which property to stay at using my points. I do see where the Hilton will be under some construction, but that doesn't bother me. I'm inclined to go with the Doubletree thinking there would be less extra daily fees. Just interested if anyone had any words of wisdom. Thanks. I have done a search and read past threads too. Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I'll be at the Clearwater property tomorrow night and will report back....^
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Clearwater beach is a nicer beach. It is also a good tourist destination. there are many places to eat from subway to local seafood places. The sand isn't as nice in Reddington. IMO. Also, there are tons of things at Clearwater Marina, boat tours etc.. just across form the Hilton.

There is tons of construction going on at Clearwater Beach right now. But the beach is still brilliant.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:22 pm

Trip report - Clearwater Beach Hilton

Just returned from this property. As previous posters have said, it is directly on the beach. There is a very large, white beach outside the back door or the hotel. There are also two swimming pools on site.

The construction is ongoing, but did not really interfere with our stay. They are supposed to be working between 8 am and 6 pm weekdays, 9 am and 6 pm weekends. Be aware that construction directly above our room started before 7:30 am on Saturday.

The staff was attentive. The refurbished rooms were nice, confortable beds, refrigerator in the room.

It should be a beatiful hotel when reconstruction is completed, but was still a nice place to stay.
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:51 pm

Outback Bowl Stay for one night

I'm looking at taking an elderly friend to Tampa for a one night stay on 12/31. We'll be going to the WI-TN football game on 1/1 and then coming home.

Convenience, cleanliness, and comfort are what I'm looking for.....without spending massive bucks. We'll only be in the hotel for maybe 12 hours. Need to get from airport to hotel to football game to airport with minimum hassel.

The Hilton Airport Westshore is full.

I'm looking at the Doubletree - Rocky Point for $210. Would this be our best bet?

The Hilton - Carillon Park is only $110, but it doesn't sound as convenient to get to from the airport and then early the next day to the stadium.

My friend (neighbor while I was attending UW) was a football fiend, but is now 80 years old so this may be his last game. He still gets around okay, but who knows...

One last thing.... I'm about to buy tickets. Any advice on what seats are best or inside stadium info you want to share?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:04 am

Hopefully someone with experience in Tampa will chime in soon.

I'm about to book a reward stay at Doubletree Rocky Point. We'll arrive in Tampa at about 8pm on 12/31. The next morning we need to go to the stadium and then immediately afterwards head to the airport.

I'm now thinking I will rent a car for a day. I'm a bit worried about stadium parking and getting out after the game. The football game starts at 11 am and our flight home leaves at 6pm. So even if it is a 5 hour game, that still leaves us with a couple hours to make it to the airport, drop off the rental car and make our flight.

I'm leaning towards a rental car just because I don't want to tote luggage around and worry about catching a taxi or cab to the airport after the game.

Anyone familiar with the area, see fault with my logic or have advice?
Old Dec 9, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
My ORD-CLT-RSW was cancelled this week, so I took on a flight on UA to TPA. Stayed over at the TPA Westshore and it was a very good value considering the product. I thought $119 for a Double HHonors rate at a full-service Hilton was always a good deal. For me the Westshore was an airport hotel, and when you consider it as that, it was an acceptible product. Coming from a Bucs family, I can attest that the Westshore is very close to Raymond James (which sometimes can mean a rowdy contigent in the hotel!)
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:28 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by ejthomp
I'm looking at taking an elderly friend to Tampa for a one night stay on 12/31. We'll be going to the WI-TN football game on 1/1 and then coming home.

Convenience, cleanliness, and comfort are what I'm looking for.....without spending massive bucks. We'll only be in the hotel for maybe 12 hours. Need to get from airport to hotel to football game to airport with minimum hassel.

The Hilton Airport Westshore is full.

I'm looking at the Doubletree - Rocky Point for $210. Would this be our best bet?

The Hilton - Carillon Park is only $110, but it doesn't sound as convenient to get to from the airport and then early the next day to the stadium.

My friend (neighbor while I was attending UW) was a football fiend, but is now 80 years old so this may be his last game. He still gets around okay, but who knows...

One last thing.... I'm about to buy tickets. Any advice on what seats are best or inside stadium info you want to share?
The Doubletree is most convienant. But the Hilton - Carillon is not that bad. About seven miles over the Howard Franklin Bridge.

I live in Tampa and would to the DT.
Old Dec 9, 2007, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ejthomp
Hopefully someone with experience in Tampa will chime in soon.

I'm about to book a reward stay at Doubletree Rocky Point. We'll arrive in Tampa at about 8pm on 12/31. The next morning we need to go to the stadium and then immediately afterwards head to the airport.

I'm now thinking I will rent a car for a day. I'm a bit worried about stadium parking and getting out after the game. The football game starts at 11 am and our flight home leaves at 6pm. So even if it is a 5 hour game, that still leaves us with a couple hours to make it to the airport, drop off the rental car and make our flight.

I'm leaning towards a rental car just because I don't want to tote luggage around and worry about catching a taxi or cab to the airport after the game.

Anyone familiar with the area, see fault with my logic or have advice?
Problem with Taxi's after events will be finding them. Lots o people try..Few cabs can get in. It's not like the airport.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:22 am

Has anyone stayed at the ES by the convention center?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 9:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Mustang1

Yes, I just completed a stay there this past weekend. Solid property, so-so location.

I hope you can wait a few days as I'll do a complete trip report in the next few days. So check for a report in a new Embassy Suites Tampa - Downtown Convention Center definitive thread.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Mustang1
Trip report posted. I hope it helps.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Near Airport

Next month I need to stay in Tampa for the night with my wife and baby. We have an early morning flight out, so we want to stay near the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions (we are also price sensitive)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.