Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Australia {AUS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Australia {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic
Both are awesome. The airport is a boutique style hotel and very nice. The free breakfast was a big, delicious buffet with made to order omelettes.

Got upgraded at Hilton on the Park to a great suite and a plate full of chocolates and had a lovely view of the garden next door. Take a walk there after sunset and see the possums foraging for food. Handy walking distance to Melbourne Park and the G if you like tennis or footy.

Aussiemate
Old Mar 28, 2003, 3:07 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
10,000 orphan points...what use in Sydney, Australia?

Despite searching this forum and the Hilton webpage....I could't find any useful use for these points. Point stretcher hotels don't seem to be available in any Hiltion in OZ and the 15% off dining etc also seem not to be usable in any hotel in OZ that I could find!

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

------------------
kpc
Old Mar 28, 2003, 4:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
10,000 points can be used for a Scandic hotel in Europe. Go to Coupon Connection and try and make a trade.

[This message has been edited by GUWonder (edited 03-28-2003).]
Old Mar 28, 2003, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Sounds like 5 x quarterly updates to me.

If it were me I'd leave them there and add to them now and again. Delta had a deal recently where you got 20,000 x HH simply for signing up in SkyMiles etc.

You can buy extra at $12.50 per 1000 if you want to.

THREE nights in Scandinavia is of course the best deal out there, for 15,000. We had a hotel in Copenhagen priced at $US800 a night on that deal. OR .. you CAN get:

THrifty - 1 free day with a 2-day minimum rental

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come visit HERE the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Mar 28, 2003, 5:29 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
kpc, only being a humble SG in HH world, but received my HHonors statement today and saw these that may help you:

Double base points and reduced rates at SYD airport Hilton - from AUD$170 (incl GST).

1K bonus points PER Parmelia Hilton, with rates from AUD$189 and full brekky for 2.

MEL airport Hilton from AUD$165.

These might help you after you have skimmed 50K from the Evil Empire..

(edited to correct spelling)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 03-28-2003).]
Old Mar 28, 2003, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Are you not going to stay at Hiltons anymore? That would be the only reason I would call your points orphans. I would just keep building up points until something you like is available.
Old Mar 28, 2003, 3:06 pm

You can (very slowly) increase your balance by joining Mypoints and e-rewards (if that's allowed in Australia) at no cost. Eventually, you might be able to get enough points for an award.

If you're absolutely sure that this won't work, you can always transfer your 10K HHonors to a number of airlines (it's equivalent to 1.5K miles). Not a good exchange rate, but better than not using your points at all.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM), Marriott Lifetime Titanium (UGH), Uber Diamond
Hilton HHonors Properties in Sydney

I am going to Australia on vacation in May and was looking at redeeming some of my Hilton Honor points. I dont have a lot of miles, but was hoping to get 2 free weekend nights in sydney. I am having trouble finding hotels as the Sydney Hilton is under renovation until mid-2004 and I dont want to stay at the airport Hilton. Any suggestions...??? I thought I saw somewhere that another hotel (non-hilton) was allowing people to redeem points??

Sorry if this doesnt make sense - but the Hilton website IMHO doesnt make much sense either.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Apr 1, 2003, 5:18 pm

The hotels they are using are the Grace hotel www.gracehotel.com.au
and another in Rushcutters Bay.
apparently the Grace is "JUST" honoring upgrades and points at this stage
Old Apr 1, 2003, 6:28 pm

Does anyone have access to the inside scoop as to when the Hilton Sydney will reopen?

I've called the Gold line a few times to ask, but noone has been able to find an answer beyond the stock "mid 2004."
Old Aug 20, 2003, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Conrad Treasury Brisbane

Anyone stay at the Conrad in Brisbane? Any contacts in management to ensure an upgrade? Would love to get a suite and not just a parlor room.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:50 am

Melbourne Airport & Melbourne Airport Hilton Coupons

Melbourne Airport Hilton dining vouchers -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/013612.html

please post on there (not here) if you're interested and email me. I thought i'd let all the kind folks here on the Hilton HHonors board know as you're more likely to be interested.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 12:52 am

by the way, these ALL EXPIRE 31 Dec 2003...
Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:53 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Post Hilton declares $250 million upgrade for Australian properties

Hilton International has declared its long-term intentions in Australia by committing more than $250 million to upgrade its luxury hotel portfolio in Australia...
Old Jun 23, 2004, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Not a very recent article. They talk about Sydney reopening "this summer". No chance. They will be lucky to reopen NEXT summer. Unless of course they are referring to AU summer. Why would they do that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.