Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Minnesota, USA {US-MN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Minnesota, USA {US-MN}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2003, 6:35 pm

Hilton Minneapolis North is in the middle of nowhere. There is no exec lounge - although you get coupons for breakfast in the dining room.

Hilton Minneapolis Downtown, on the other hand, has a wonderful exce lounge. Good breakfast and coffee. Good evening hors d'oeuvres, also. The location is good and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The exercise room is decent. As HH Gold or better, you should get a junior suite.

[This message has been edited by bamboola (edited 04-11-2003).]
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:22 pm

I live in Twin Cities area. I agree that the downtown Hilton is the best if you can get in there. The other two are Ok one night places. The downtown provides lots of resturants and entertainment. Getting from the Hotel to your destination will be very easy. There are other Hiltons in the south end of town if you can't get a downtown location.

When are you comming to town?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 2:43 pm
iff

I stayed in Hilton North last December and was underwhelmed, to say the least. I picked up some friends who were staying at the Doubletree in Maple Grove and thought they got more bang for the buck there. Smaller rooms, sure, but better amenities overall.

The Downtown Hilton is nice, and Golden Valley is an easy drive from downtown Minneapolis. Overall, that would be my preference if it were my decision.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 4:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Doubletree in Maple Grove</font>
There is not (and never has been) a Doubletree in Maple Grove.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 6:45 pm
iff

You're right, of course, I misspoke; it should have said Hampton Inn in Maple Grove, not Doubletree.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 9:59 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by iff:
I stayed in Hilton North last December and was underwhelmed, to say the least. .</font>
Ditto for me on the Hilton North - not an impressive property. The Garden Inn in Eagan has always been a good spot for me.

Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:10 pm

Just moved to maple grove - Hilton just opened (April 1st(ish)) a brand new Garden in at 394 and Bass Lake Rd exit in Maple Grove - looks nice.

The Downtown Hilton would be about 10-15 minutes from Golden Valley as would the Garden in Maple Grove - however a lot more going on downtown.

Cheers

Old Apr 15, 2003, 3:48 pm

i just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. i was about to go for hilton north, but reconsidered based on ur reports. happily, i found that hilton downtown had pretty good prices (~$100) so thats where i'm at now. i'll let u guys know how it is later.

btw, i'll also add that the embassy suites downtown isnt impressive (old and tacky vegas like interior decor) although they r remodeling. however, given what i've seen of their remodeling, i dont think it will improve by a lot. the doubletree park place is better, although their lounge nor breakfast is impressive at all, plus its only open mon-thu.

again, thanks y'all.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
Hmmm - stayed at the ES last week in MSP - did not find it that bad - was upgraded, treated very very well. This week at the Hilton on Marquette., also upgraded, also v nice. Both are OK in my books.

PB
Old Apr 18, 2003, 10:27 pm

I know it's not downtown Minneapolis, and hopefully this is not too off-topic, but I wanted to report a pleasant stay this week at the ES in St. Paul.

The hotel itself had a neat old-warehouse feel, and it looks like they've recently done some work on the common areas on the interior. However, the rooms were a little dated (i.e. Wallpaper, A/C, beds), but this seemed to be one of the better options in an area that appears to be underserved by large chain full-service hotels (I only saw a Raddison and a couple of Holiday Inns.) Maybe I missed the rest, as this was my first trip to the area.

[This message has been edited by UA835 (edited 04-18-2003).]
Old Apr 19, 2003, 1:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA835:
I know it's not downtown Minneapolis, and hopefully this is not too off-topic, but I wanted to report a pleasant stay this week at the ES in St. Paul.

The hotel itself had a neat old-warehouse feel, and it looks like they've recently done some work on the common areas on the interior. However, the rooms were a little dated (i.e. Wallpaper, A/C, beds), but this seemed to be one of the better options in an area that appears to be underserved by large chain full-service hotels (I only saw a Raddison and a couple of Holiday Inns.) Maybe I missed the rest, as this was my first trip to the area.

[This message has been edited by UA835 (edited 04-18-2003).]
</font>
speaking of which, is there a place where we can let each other know of our experiences at various hiltons?
Old May 25, 2003, 4:03 pm

Anybody have any experience with both the Minneapolis downtown Hilton and the Marquette? How would you compare them?
Old Mar 23, 2004, 11:02 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Quick Report: DT MPLS ES vs Hilton

Checked into the Minneapolis Downtown Embassy Suites last night. Hotel is a bit seedy. Room run-down. Bed broken down badly. TV is in a cabinet far from the bed and at impossible angle to watch. Breakfast was crummy. Amenity was a package of Milano Cookies and 2 small bottles of water. Massage Showerhead hopelessly broken. Wireless Internet was slow (with a poor to fair signal from my room).

Checked out. And moved a few blocks over to the Hilton.

No diamond upgrade... after getting back from dinner found a plate of 4 fresh baked chocolate cookies ... there goes the diet. Along with a LETTER apologizing that upgraded accomodations were not available for me. THAT's a FIRST. Room is beautiful an, the entire property is gorgeous. Parking is $3 a night cheaper as well. No wireless internet, but the hardwire connection is much faster. I'll report on the executive lounge breakfast tomorrow. I missed happy hour in the lounge.

In a Nutshell AVOID the DT Mpls Embassy Suites. The new Hilton is a gem. Given that the rates were exactly the same...in fact less with cheaper parking I know where I will be staying on my next visit.

------------------
doglover
Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Exactly which Hilton are you talking about? I understand there are 2 or 3 Hiltons in downtown Minneapolis, one of which is extremely skanky. Sounds like you are in the non-skanky one.
Old Mar 24, 2004, 9:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pinniped:
Exactly which Hilton are you talking about? I understand there are 2 or 3 Hiltons in downtown Minneapolis, one of which is extremely skanky. Sounds like you are in the non-skanky one. </font>
While there are multiple Hilton properties in downtown Minneapolis, there is only one "Minneapolis Hilton."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.