Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2002, 6:04 am

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Just for the record, i did do a search and only ended up with various travel agency emails offering the hilton. I did try to acces hiltons thailand homepage, but was unable to.

cheers jetboy
Old Jan 11, 2002, 8:04 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
With all due respect, the question was just about this particular property (Hua Hin). As shown above, e-mail was easily found. </font>
With all due respect, the forums here are to write from your personal experience, which is what I did.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Also, while not listed on Hilton's web site, e-mail addresses are often easy to find by doing a web search on the following words: "e-mail", "hilton" and "whatever is the name of the property".</font>
you forget Eugene, not everyone is as computer saavy as you are. I for one know I am not.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 10:20 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DerikG:
Just returned from 4 nights there over New Years - so if you have any questions let me know....Really was a great place.

Derik
</font>
By the way DerikG ,how was your stay ?
Old Jan 11, 2002, 2:24 pm

FYI, My wife and I had a great stay at the property from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd. It provided a great change of pace from the prior week in and around Bangkok.

The hotel was either at or very close to capacity when we were there due to the holidays etc. We arrived later in the afternoon and were given a nice king room on the pool side (north) better view than the other side in my opinion but both are nice.

Check-in in was great - hand off the bags at the door and being a gold VIP they brought us to our room and did all of the check in stuff there - that was a first for me. They also promised to move us the following day to a suite and to just have our bags packed and they would be taken care of.

Sure enough, the next days are bags were moved and waiting in our new suite (rm 911) and it was very nice - two rooms - very spacious. And mind you that this was on an award stay. A fruit basket was brought and 2 bottles of water each day was very nice indeed.

Hotel restaurant was good - its a three in one, Italian, Thai, and Japanese but they each have there own seating area and decor - very nicely done. Food was very nice if not a little on the expensive side compared to local places.

The pool is terrific and we spent many an hour out there - i would rec. getting chairs set before 9:00 to get your pick on location.

Staff was very friendly and accomidating. A great experience.

Derik

PS - we ditched out on the New Years Gala b/c 1) we are 28 and most of the people going were much older and 2) they were charging ~$125(US) which is a kings ransom over there....

Let me know if anyone needs additional info

------------------
Old Jan 13, 2002, 2:33 am

The email address I use for this property is [email protected] the Reservations Manager is Maneerat Choosawat.

Sim and I are there next on the 26th January, we have blown the extra cost and booked a Chakri Suite - but well worth it!

Nick
Old Jan 13, 2002, 5:32 am

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
So Merry, mayby we will bump into each other as i am in Hua Hin (not in the Hilton though as it is full, like almost every single form of accomondation, so i have yet to find a room anywhere) on the 22nd - 30th jan

cheeers jetboy
Old Jan 29, 2002, 4:45 pm

Hilton Hua Hin-Thailand

Has anybody stayed here? What's it like. What is the best way to get to the hotel from BKK Airport (plane, train, auto)?
Old Aug 6, 2002, 7:06 pm

Programs: CX MPO Gold; QFClub
Bumping this one up...

After finding several good reports about this property in the archives of this forum, am really tempted to book a week's award stay.

What is the preferred method of getting there from Bangkok, for those of you who have done so? The map on the Hilton site shows an airport very near to Hua Hin but then gives all directions ex Bangkok. I'd guess the airport would be tiny and the flights small regionals (which usually don't thrill me), but wonder if any of you more experienced Thai travellers can clue me in.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 8:45 pm

I haven't done it myself but this is what I know. A return ticket to Hua Hin from Bangkok costs around 3,500THB. A bus trip is 400THB, which is around 4 hours one way, a travel agent told me a few days ago.
Old Aug 7, 2002, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
State Railway of Thailand
http://www.srt.motc.go.th/httpEng/

Bangkok to Hua Hin
Fares (one-way)
1st Class: 202 Baht
2nd Class: 102 Baht
3rd Class: 44 Baht
Old Aug 7, 2002, 7:02 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do a search, I was interested in this property and found a nice detailed property report.

Just a word of warning, I have heard that the gulf of Thailand that far north is not as clean as one would hope. That is why I chose Phuket (I know, no hilton! )
Old Aug 8, 2002, 7:05 pm

Made the trip BKK to Hua Hin last November.(Did not stay at the Hilton). Booked a car and driver to meet me at BKK airport. Cost USD 30 one way. You can take the train but of course need to get from airport to BKK train station. Seems like the schedule to Hua Hin is all evening departures. You can walk from the station in Hua Hin to the Hilton if you're so inclined.
Old Aug 8, 2002, 7:29 pm

I stayed at the Hua Hin Hilton early this year. It's a good, clean hotel right on the beach. There is no executive floor, so if you are a Hilton Gold, there will not be any lounge for breakfast or evening snacks. I am a Hilton Gold, so they upgraded me to a suite when I stayed there.

There is an airport, but it's very small. I think Bangkok Air flys there, but I'm not sure. Thai Air doesn't fly there. I took the bus to Hua Hin. I seem to recall that it was about a 5-hour ride to Hua Hin and then you take a taxi (tuk-tuk) from the Hua Hin bus terminal. If you arrive in bangkok around midnight, then you might have to stay in a bangkok hotel to catch a morning bus to Hua Hin. You could take a train to Hua Hin, but it might take much longer than a bus.

Hua Hin is a quiet tow with many European tourists. The food is good and the beaches are somewhat clean. You'll find plenty of cheap restaurants and horse riding. Most cities in Thailand you'll find elephants walking around, but in Hua Hin there are no elephants, only Thai men with horses offering a ride for a fee.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 6:26 pm
Suspended

How does one go about booking a cab from BKK to Hua Hin ? Thai airways seems to have a coach and cab service to Pattaya but not to Hua Hin.

Old Aug 24, 2002, 7:36 am

Try Ken Diamond Co Ltd (www.travel-huahin.com). Found them quite relaible. Clean air conditioned taxi. Price last Nov 1900 bht OW BKK airport - Hua Hin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.