FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa {THA}
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2002, 7:29 pm
BangkokBob

I stayed at the Hua Hin Hilton early this year. It's a good, clean hotel right on the beach. There is no executive floor, so if you are a Hilton Gold, there will not be any lounge for breakfast or evening snacks. I am a Hilton Gold, so they upgraded me to a suite when I stayed there.

There is an airport, but it's very small. I think Bangkok Air flys there, but I'm not sure. Thai Air doesn't fly there. I took the bus to Hua Hin. I seem to recall that it was about a 5-hour ride to Hua Hin and then you take a taxi (tuk-tuk) from the Hua Hin bus terminal. If you arrive in bangkok around midnight, then you might have to stay in a bangkok hotel to catch a morning bus to Hua Hin. You could take a train to Hua Hin, but it might take much longer than a bus.

Hua Hin is a quiet tow with many European tourists. The food is good and the beaches are somewhat clean. You'll find plenty of cheap restaurants and horse riding. Most cities in Thailand you'll find elephants walking around, but in Hua Hin there are no elephants, only Thai men with horses offering a ride for a fee.