FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Honeymoon Thread: 2001-2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124737-honeymoon-thread-2001-2010-a.html)

US1@ORF Jun 29, 2005 9:37 pm

Honeymoon Resort Recommendations

I'm looking to book my honeymoon trip and cannot decide on which HH property to select.

Here's an idea of our desired site:

Location in Asia Pacific or French Polyinesia
On a beautiful beach
Privacy easily assured
Luxury or upscale accomodations

Our plans are very low key. Other than spending LOTS of time in the room (wink, wink) we plan to lay on the beach, perhaps snorkel, sleep, spend more non-sleeping time in the room, lay on the beach, have a few romantic dinners perferably near the water, etc.

I'm leaning heavily towards either the Hilton Phuket or the Conrad in Bali. Anyone with experience at either please offer your opinion and/or send me a link to any trip reports on these resorts you've found.

Thanks.

UABigBird Jun 30, 2005 8:18 am

Hilton Madives!!!
http://www.hiltonworldresorts.com/re...ves/index.html

acroo00 Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am

I'm looking for a place for my honeymoon in that location as well. Any help would be appreciated.

da_guy Jun 30, 2005 12:40 pm

The Maldives was going to be my honeymoon destination...looks great. But then we looked at the weather for September and it is the rainiest month of the year and decided to go elsewhere.

azepine00 Jun 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Hilton is actively building smth on Fiji. I assume this is a combination resort/timeshare. May be worth looking into that but I doubt they will open this year. I am looking forward to going back with AXON or GLON in hand. :)

elbidercni Jun 30, 2005 5:33 pm

I'd agree that French Polynesia is a great location, but sorry to say there are no Hilton-related properties there at this point in time. I read here that there's one in development, but it will be years out.

SanDiego1K Jun 30, 2005 6:12 pm

Here's a vote against the Conrad Bali. Rooms all face the pool. It is very child friendly. Thus, there is quite a bit of noise. The rooms don't have sofas, just an individual chair - and aren't that comfortable for down time. I'll be in Bali again in July - and i won't be at the Conrad.

There are lots of threads with reports both pro and con on this property. Do a search and see what you think given your own priorities.

I enjoyed the Hiton in Mauritius more. (This is an island off the coast of Africa.) Again, do a search. I know that Wudy15 spent his honeymoon there.

zakami Jun 30, 2005 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Here's a vote against the Conrad Bali. Rooms all face the pool. It is very child friendly. Thus, there is quite a bit of noise. The rooms don't have sofas, just an individual chair - and aren't that comfortable for down time. I'll be in Bali again in July - and i won't be at the Conrad.

There are lots of threads with reports both pro and con on this property. Do a search and see what you think given your own priorities.

I enjoyed the Hiton in Mauritius more. (This is an island off the coast of Africa.) Again, do a search. I know that Wudy15 spent his honeymoon there.

Very timely thread. I was looking into the Conrad for my honeymoon but will try for something else now. I was originally considering the Hilton Maldives, but they are not offering any awards in 2005.

JDiver Jun 30, 2005 6:38 pm

VERY OT, and I love Hilton - but go book the MS Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia and use your AA miles to go via Air Tahiti Nui Poerava Club (Business) or Poerava First - they fly from LAX, and start JFK service July 6.

See several islands, never have to unpack or take a tiny airplane with luggage limitations or pay for a US$45 breakfast. Dive, snorkel, more watersports form their deck - small personalized service. Windstar used to do this run, they're on hiatus for a while. PM me for more about as PF cruise - I don't want to steal bandwidth here.

Otherwise, it depends on how adventurous and your prefrences - beaches? Exotic destinations? Hard to recommend without knowing...we just stayed at the Athens and Istanbul Hiltons - very recommended!

MoritzK Jul 1, 2005 3:40 pm

I agree about the Hilton Mauritius. Very much recommended. Although Mauritius is entirely different than the Maldives - but beautiful as well.

Trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443803

BronzedAussie Nov 2, 2005 3:51 pm

Honeymoon at Hilton

I just realised when looking at some brochures for my next holiday that a lot of hotels do something special like give a bottle of wine for honeymooners. I stayed at Hilton on the Park for my wedding night and even though my wife and I turned up in wedding attire, nothing special was ever said or done.

Is this the norm at Hilton properties or have others had better experiences ?

artman77 Nov 2, 2005 8:09 pm

Help! Absolute Nicest Hilton Resort for Honeymoon

I am a Diamond and am headed on my honeymoon and need some help. I'm not considering Hawaii. Besides the Maldives, what are the NICEST Hilton Resorts. I keep hearing that many are run down, etc. Thank you in advance!

rwill11 Nov 2, 2005 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by artman77
I am a Diamond and am headed on my honeymoon and need some help. I'm not considering Hawaii. Besides the Maldives, what are the NICEST Hilton Resorts. I keep hearing that many are run down, etc. Thank you in advance!

go to Rome and then go back on your 25th anniversary you cant beat it anywhere :) CONGRATS :)

BiziBB Nov 3, 2005 2:04 am

It is probably the norm, but you may get lucky with a sympathetic person at checkin. Despite the Hilton policy re. internet bookings, I did get an excellent reception at the NY Hilton nearby Central Park, after being lucky enough to get someone at the front desk who listened to my speech and sent up a good bottle of red, as well as the upgrade to Exec Flr/Lounge. This was the exception, as we were not so lucky in Boston or SF, and found the service below the levels at Starwood properties we also stayed at in NY, Boston and the west coast.

As we married OS from my half of the family, we will be doing it again; what chance we we have of any kind of kindness at checkin at the Syd Hilton, late January when I think their tourism and business business may be at less than peak levels?

Vanessa Nov 3, 2005 11:25 am

Thought about Mauritius? It's a fantastic property.
Check out www.hiltonworldwideresorts.com