FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The Honeymoon Thread: 2001-2010 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124737-honeymoon-thread-2001-2010-a.html)

estnet Aug 19, 2002 5:40 pm

Plane to Male Hilton is NOT included. In May it was US$240pp/rt. No other way to get there.

I was upgraded to an over the water bungalow (VERY nice), May is low season. Food is VERY expensive and there are no alternatives (eg its Hilton or Hilton but there are many different restaurants to choose from).
It is, however, one of the most beautiful places I have been - if you like sand and water and fish!

IaLTO Dec 20, 2002 5:31 am

Honeymoon Planning Help!

Hi!

Need help with my honeymoon planning. Trying to use a GLON/P award... First week of April.

Was hoping on Maldives, but the whole of April is blackout. Would prefer a beach property. obviously, nothing too cold that time of the year.

If it helps, am based in india now. Would prefer something in Asia/Asia-pacific/Europe.

Ideas please !!

IaLTO

Gandalf Dec 20, 2002 6:08 am

There seems to be some recent buzz about Greece, maybe hit one the Greek Isles in the Mediterranean. April in Hawaii is worst month for rain. Does Australia do anything for you? I hear the beaches are world class, not sure of the weather in April.

You didn't mention if you had status with Hilton. If you Diamond, try, try and try again.

Slainche,

G

mountain flyer Dec 20, 2002 9:56 am

If you are Diamond, the blackout shouldn't be a problem. As to alternatives, I don't know much about Asia, but Hawaii is very nice. I would worry to much about rain, as I believe it depends on where you are on the islands. I think HVC and Waikaloa are safe. (But do some more research!!)

Other than that, the Hilton's in Europe are top notch, but no beaches (at least in April). I heard the Hilton in Sorrento is very nice.

Good luck!

Super Larry Dec 20, 2002 3:23 pm

Do a search on Hilton Rhodes or Hilton Malta (I wrote plenty of posts on them)

It is in Greece and April is the beginning of the summer in Greece. Not like July and August, but still warm enough to enjoy!

Congratulations for your wedding.

Got married last summer and went to Rhodes for the honeymoon too. You'll love it. Make clear in advance (by email), to the property that you are going there for your honeymoon. They'll treat you right! We were upgraded to a Junior Suite and every other night we had a little something on the living room table...(Wines, chocolates, etc...) The same is true of the Hilton Malta. Good luck and let us know where you'll go!

IaLTO Dec 25, 2002 9:14 am

hi!

thanks!
am a mere gold. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

the rodhes property opens only on the 1st of apr after the winter... just a bit apprehensive that it might be quite cold still... anyone has a clue?

btw, can get a room there for 71 EU. might make sense to just pay and stay instead of using a award ? (which takes us to the age old question, how much is a award worth)

how does malta compare to the rodhes?

no one mentioned mauritius ? heard a fair bit abt it elsewhere on the forum ?

IaLTO

Super Larry Dec 25, 2002 9:20 pm

IaLto,

We traveled to both Rhodes and Malta. Malta is definitely an upscale hotel, (don't forget that Malta was the UK playground until the late 1970's) with everything done to perfection, where Rhodes is more laid back.

As fas as weather goes I would go to Rhodes in April, where it is the beginning of the spring in Greece.

I've been told by locals in Malta that the rain season starts in November and ends in March/April.

Good luck!

PokerHammy Jul 2, 2004 1:46 pm

For honeymoon, would you choose Mauritius or St. Lucia?

I had my mind set to Tahiti for honeymoon but it's going to be very costly and I don't have that many Starwood points. Due to a change in my job I will not be traveling enough to maintain my HHonors Gold, so I figure maybe I should use my points for VIP vacations before I'm back to lowly blue.

I would love to go abroad to a beach location for honeymoon, and Mauritius and St. Lucia seem to be the top choices (unless anyone have other ideas I haven't thought of!). Which would you choose and why? Also, can I redeem 2 VIP awards back-to-back to make it a 12-night vacation? My Gold status runs out next May so I'll be dropped a level to Silver and can still use the VIP awards, right?

TIA!

dream7 Jul 2, 2004 3:33 pm

The Hilton in St. Lucia is right between the Pitons. Very romantic. Highly recommended.

fromYXU Jul 2, 2004 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Also, can I redeem 2 VIP awards back-to-back to make it a 12-night vacation? My Gold status runs out next May so I'll be dropped a level to Silver and can still use the VIP awards, right?

1. Can not comment on resorts.
2. Yes to the back to back question.
3. See Hilton Benefits:

VIP Only Rewards: HHonors Silver VIPs may choose from an exclusive selection of rewards at special VIP-only points levels.

Football Fan Jul 2, 2004 6:36 pm

Maldives...

brendamc Jul 2, 2004 8:24 pm

Mauritius, while beautiful, is a really really long way & you'll be wiped out after a big (I assume) wedding & then those flights - I'd pick something closer.

neos Mar 3, 2005 12:30 pm

Honeymoon Upgrades?

My apologies if this has been dealt with before, but the search option is down (until June 1st?!) :confused:

My fiancee and I are planning our Hawaii honeymoon, and we're thinking of staying at the HHV. I need to know what is the cheapest "best room" I should be booking.

Does Hilton upgrade honeymooners (e.g. garden view to ocean view or regular room to Alii Tower)? Is this something I can ask for on the phone with reservations, or will they only upgrade (if at all) at check-in?

JDiver Mar 3, 2005 5:29 pm

IMO, too many data missing - prices can vary extensively, as can upgrade availability, dependikng on time of year due to property popularity. Most hotels try to give honeymooners a little more - but what that is can vary a lot given their prime directive is to sell the most rooms at the highest price.

JDiver Mar 3, 2005 5:30 pm

IMO, too many data missing - prices can vary extensively, as can upgrade availability, dependikng on time of year due to property popularity. Most hotels try to give honeymooners a little more - but what that is can vary a lot given their prime directive is to sell the most rooms at the highest price. If you have any Hilton status, that might also make a difference.