Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2009, 6:30 pm

Trip Report DoubleTree Beach Resort (N. Reddington Beach) near Tampa

Trip Report: DoubleTree Beach Resort North Reddington Beach
About midway between Clearwater and St Pete Beach
11720 Gulf Blvd
North Redington Beach, Florida

Checked in Thursday September 10 - Checked out Saturday Sept 13, 2009

My wife and I opted for an advance purchase (for the rate) for three nights. Our check-in was handled quickly and efficiently. We were recognized as a return guest and provided with as many cookies as we wished. Since we booked for a cheap rate, we had reserved a non Gulf view room -- but at check-in we were place in a Gulf view room on the 4th floor (out of 6 floors). As a Gold, breakfast coupons with a value of $6.95 were provided, representing a free continental breakfast, with the option to apply the value to anything on the breakfast menu at Mango's Restaurant on the lobby level.

Room was large with standard stuff: desk and work chair, sofa, stuffed chair. Terry cloth robes in the closet. Small sink and refrigerator outside the bathroom. The room was spotless on arrival and remained that way for the entire stay.

Had 3 breakfasts and 1 dinner at Mango's Restaurant on the lobby level. Breakfasts were good with very large variety of choices. Dinner sucked. The quality of the food was substandard. Must have different standards for different meals!?! Weather permitting; outside seating at the restaurant facing the Gulf of Mexico is fabulous and abundant.

Within a few blocks, and an easy walk, are a number of interesting breakfast and lunch restaurants. For dinner, we opted to drive a couple miles north of the hotel (Indian Rocks Beach) to an Italian place: Villa Gallace. We are vegetarian, so we stuck with the non-meat dishes, and they were outstanding. The gnocchi was probably some of the best I have had, ever. Ended up going back a second night and was not disappointed.

The pool is rather small, but that did not matter much because the Gulf of Mexico is a less than a hundred yards from the hotel. There are complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas at the pool -- but the chairs and umbrellas a couple yards away on the beach are $25 per day (two attached wooden loungers and a large umbrella).

There is plenty of free parking in or on top of the lower level garage. There is no fitness center on site and internet access comes with a charge.

We requested a late check-out and were cheerfully accommodated.

Overall we were more than pleased with our stay. Fabulous location, very personable staff throughout the property (especially in the restaurant at breakfast!!), great location and an exceptionally clean room. We much prefer this hotel over the nearby Clearwater Hilton and hope to return soon.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:13 pm

Doubletree North Reddington Beach

I booked an award stay here in late April which is after the peak season. All I can get is a city view room. Has anyone ever been upgraded as a gold member to a gulf front room or even been able to pay the difference for an upgrade here ?

How did you like the hotel ? We usually stay at the Hilton Clearwater Resort (where I have been upgraded each time) but want to try something different this year

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:20 pm

Just an FYI for people who may stay in this area. The DOubletree only went to a cat 6 (vs 7 for the Hilton Clearwater Beach). You can still get 6 nights for 180K here on a VIP award.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:01 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Trip Report - Jan. 2, 2013

I had a one night stay here recently. Nice property; somewhat dated (late 1980s decor) but clean and I would go back if I was in the area. As a Diamond they were unable to upgrade me to two doubles on the ocean side and instead my balcony sliders provided lotsa noise from the raised parking area. Problem solved by running the a/c blower all night. They were sold out and upgrades are maybe not a benefit at a DTree, but I mention this as a illustration that a Diamond is not particularly valued. The hotel provides full hot breakfast coupons as a bennie, and the usual bottle of water. At night there is a non-complimentary happy hour, but only in the indoor bar and not at the outside deck tiki bar. Menus are different inside and out also. After skipping lunch, we were ready for a early dinner and surprisingly the early bird dinner menu resulted in a very decent meal. The property is very close to the shore line, so consequently the pool is small (and crowded with horseplay kiddies). No parking fees or resort fees. Inside corridors. Just ask, if you have more questions.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Repeat Guest

Have stayed at this property multiple times. Diamond benefits are mainly the breakfast. Upgraded, but nothing special. Love the location, great beach and nice cabanas. Close to many good restaurants. Great staff.
Major complaint is that there is insufficient parking on weekends to accomodate guests, banquets and restaurant take up much of the parking.
Guests should have some type of parking lot priority as there is no street parking.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Looking to do a stay here in around a month. I have a city view room on points. Recent experiences with Diamond upgrades? Bennie's?

Want to gauge if we should stay here or Hilton Marco Is which we really liked.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
I stayed there just prior to the shutdown in March 2020 for 3 nights on business. As a lifetime Diamond I was offered an upgrade to an ocean front room and standard continental breakfast and the DT cookies nothing more. If you want the full buffet you have to pay the upgrade charge. The hotel was an older property with a real throwback beach feel to it. It definitely caters to a more mature crowd so no Spring Break kids are allowed. You can dine oceanfront inside and outside which is nice and they also have a Tiki Bar right at the beach which has a full Happy Hour crowd everyday. I did not partake in the Tiki Bar except to sit there in the morning with my coffee. It was a nice stay but nothing special. I have not been to the property on Marco Island so I can’t offer a comparison.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have passed this place a number of times but never stayed. I think it is a safe bet that Marco Island, where i have stayed, is a more high end property. Assuming you are coming from TPA I would gauge the length of the stay against the 2-3 hour drive further south. If just 2 nights i wouldn't do it, 3 or more and i would.
indufan likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Doubletree Tampa /Redington Beach question

How have you used your Aspire 250 resort credit there? Thought I read that the restaurant there was independently owned and you can't use the credit there. Thanks for any help
Old Mar 5, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
I just stayed there and that was not the case. My points were used. I can tell you when it comes to the $250 resort bonus for Amex they have credited that to me for the cost of the room the last 2 years. Not sure if it is just a snafu for me but works for me. It does not work for the snack room right by the check-in. That is privately owned

Last edited by poker9ite; Mar 5, 2022 at 4:40 pm
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
I was mostly concerned if I could use the Aspire 250 resort credit at their restaurant. I called the hotel and couldn't get a clear answer. Thanks again
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I noticed that the hotel has been sold and a $20 parking fee introduced.

Does anyone know what the breakfast situation is here for Diamonds?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
I last stayed there in April and as a Diamond was offered the standard $15.00 F&B credit per night. They have a breakfast buffet but did not utilize on this visit. The parking fee was $15.00. Overall a nice place to spend a few days
Old Mar 17, 2023, 11:39 am

Question Closing in the Fall?

Went to make a reservation at the Doubletree for the Fall (checked from after labor day through November) and showed no availability on any dates. I know they were planning on making some changes to the restaurant. Does anyone know what is happening there or is this just a glitch in the reservation system.
Old May 1, 2023, 5:11 am

Question Hotel status? Not bookable after Labor Day

Does anyone have information re: staus of Doubletree NRB? Everything I could find says that hotel will remain open during renovation of common spaces in the Fall, but web site shows no availability after labor day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.