Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2001, 9:59 pm
In Memoriam

My two April stays were well after my four stays for the previous bonus, so that's not the problem. It's tough, because I went ahead and enrolled now instead of waiting and giving myself more time because I was hoping for the retroactive credit for 4/11 and 4/14 stays. Either the CSRs are subjectively doing this or it is done electronically and I didn't really get registered maybe.
Old Apr 26, 2001, 9:59 pm
In Memoriam

Wow! Just checked my balance again and I did get retroactive credit! BTW like the last promotion, the first 5,000 points show up under the Hotel Stay, and the second and I assume third and fourth show up under Other Activity Points. Thank you very much, Hilton!! This is why I voted for you in the Freddie's and no longer stay at Marriott except when I can't avoid it. With two more stays already booked, I'm smiling.

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old Apr 26, 2001, 10:33 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Thanks all - signed up tonight (am currently already Gold).

My only mistake - i stayed at a Doubletree last Sat. night and had not seen this post - yet - shame on me, as the Doubletree stay had alraedy posted.

Oh well, 4 stays in 90 days is a cakewalk.

Just love this board - the last Hilton 50K promo got me 1/2 the points I needed for Big island Hawaii 6 night award with dates I wanted.

bye bye bill marriott..
Old Apr 27, 2001, 4:36 am

I received retroactive credit for April 7th, but did not get credit for a stay on April 3rd. I called about getting credit for the 3rd and was told by the CS that he would enter it in the computer. I don't know what that means. The points have not shown up and I called 3 days ago.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 6:08 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
fly4free wrote:
I received retroactive credit for April 7th, but did not get credit for a stay on April 3rd. I called about getting credit for the 3rd and was told by the CS that he would enter it in the computer. I don't know what that means. The points have not shown up and I called 3 days ago.
I got retroactive credit for a stay that had finished before I signed up for this promotion, but it seems the only case where this happens (at least automatically) is when the stay has not been registered by HHonors at the time you sign up for the promotion. The 4 subsequent stays (apparently, in the order of registration with HHonors, irrespective of date of stay) are credited the promotional bonus points.

Old Apr 27, 2001, 9:27 am
In Memoriam

dupe below.

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old Apr 27, 2001, 9:34 am
In Memoriam

I'm not sure what you guys are saying about retroactive credit for stays made but not yet posted. Here was my experience. Two stays, 4/11 and 4/14. Both posted at least a week ago. Signed up on Tuesday and on Thursday night, I got retroactive credit for both April stays. So, in my case even though the stays had been made and posted already, I still got retroactive credit. Hope this helps. Oh, and as someone else said, it does seem to take 48 hours for the credit to show up.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 9:02 pm
Suspended

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoarAhead:
OK,I see one minor "problem" here. It looks like people are getting retroactive credit for stays in April for this promotion. Now, if a person had the last couple of stays for the BT2YM promotion during April, the computers would probably give double bonus points, and, as we all know, Hilton doesn't particularly like that... Any solutions to this? [/QUOTEE

Exactly that has ocurred to me I stayed at the HHV April 19/20 which completes my BT2YM
I signed up for the EWRDC on April 24th today I checked my account and found that points have been added for THE SAME STAY for both conquests.
Not too worried that they will take the EWRDC first 5000 away though since I will make 4 more stays within two weeks.
Mike
Old May 1, 2001, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Bump
Old May 1, 2001, 7:17 am

Please verify whether or not I am on the right course. I am registered for the 50k promo, and have an upcoming 5-day, 4-night trip. I have booked myself into a Hilton Garden property the 1st and 3rd nights, and a Hilton the 2nd and 4th nights. This will record as four seperate stays, right?
Old May 1, 2001, 7:27 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
Originally posted by tulane85:

I have booked myself into a Hilton Garden property the 1st and 3rd nights, and a Hilton the 2nd and 4th nights. This will record as four seperate stays, right?
Yes it will.

A bit of a hazzle with moving between the hotels, though?
Old May 1, 2001, 8:11 am

This board ROCKS !!

Just signed up from rainy england, instant gold, cheered me up no end.
Btw, phoned uk hhonors who said i had to phone the states as this is a usa promo.
Ok by me, two minute international phone call for gold.

Thanks to all.
Old May 1, 2001, 9:48 pm

Well, someone from HH finally called me regarding the email I sent to Adam Burke 9 days ago.

I was told that retroactive stays would only be credited as far back as Apr. 6.

Therefore, my stay at SF Hilton on Apr. 1 does not qualify for the EWRDC promotion.
Old May 2, 2001, 3:06 am

Hi, auszie & all!

phoned Tokyo hhonors who said i couldn't enroll in this promo as this is a usa promo only for US & Canada citizen.
Did you have any problem when you called on usa? As I saw some FTers from non-US country on this board like auszie who was succeded in registration, I wonder if there are any good ways! I'm already Gold and going to stay next 4stays in may.
Thankx!
Old May 2, 2001, 3:33 am

Originally posted by Hanao:
phoned Tokyo hhonors who said i couldn't enroll in this promo as this is a usa promo only for US & Canada citizen.
Did you have any problem when you called on usa? As I saw some FTers from non-US country on this board like auszie who was succeded in registration, I wonder if there are any good ways!
Hanao, the promotion was certainly valid for europeans as well as americans. Some others had success calling the US call centre - I was able to sign up through the UK call centre. Make a few quick calls (one more to Tokyo and then alternatively one to UK/US), as not all call centre agents are fully aware of the correct conditions. You should be able to sign up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.