Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 Hilton Honors Points Promotion: 2001

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2001, 8:13 am

Just a reminder, the "EWRDC" promo offer expires 1 June 2001. Don't wait to get signed up.
Old May 30, 2001, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Question about 50,000 bonus qualification period

I am now working on my second 50,000 point bonus this year and have a question about the flexibility of the 90 day qualification window. I signed up for my second promotion last week, and have now found that they credited a stay that I made on April 6th and 7th as my first stay for this promotion (it was also my last stay for the last promotion). This was very nice of them, however, I am planning to make 2 separate stays on July 6th and July 7th, which are 91 and 92 days after my April 6th stay. Will I still get the bonuses? Can I call them and get them to drop that first stay from the promo, and start if from the date I called (which is why I waited so long to sign up)? Or am I stuck? If I call them to try to fix this, will they figure out I have already gotten 50,000 points this year and cancel my second promotion?
Thanks in advance for all your wisdom!
Old May 30, 2001, 11:41 am

Tvelinsk, same thing happened to me on first promo - stayed in Jan BEFORE I signed up, was told there would be no retro application; but it was later credited to the promo. Fourth stay was about 92 days later. Received bonus no problem.

[This message has been edited by Fishbait (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old May 30, 2001, 12:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Same thing here, when I signed up for the first one they credited a stay back in November, but I didn't finish it off until the first week or March. You should be OK. It appears they back credit, but you still have the 90 days from signing up.

Old May 30, 2001, 1:06 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Tvelinsk,

When you state it is your second 50,000 point promotion, what exactly do you mean?

Have you achieved the HHonors Gold comp promo and then are trying for another one?

Please advise, thanks.

Old May 30, 2001, 1:16 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally posted by orangejjr:
Just a reminder, the "EWRDC" promo offer expires 1 June 2001. Don't wait to get signed up.
Stupid Question, but I just signed up today, the 30th of May. My promotion starts for a 90 day period from today, correct?
Old May 30, 2001, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
Sweet Willie, Yep. I signed up for the promotion that ended Feb 28th (I think), completed my 4 stays at the beginning of April, then signed up for the current EWRDC program last week. The concensus of the members of this board are that this is legal within the program, and some people have even been awarded Gold status into 2003 after completing both challenges! Boy, I do love these bonus programs!
Old May 30, 2001, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam

Yes, ain't life grand at Hilton? I will retain Gold the old-fashioned way this year, but I also completed the conquest challenge for the 50K points and will complete the eRewards promotion for another 50K points with my fourth stay next week.

That stay will also be the triggering stay for the double/double promotion which will apply to the 6 other stays I have scheduled thus far in June, July & August. Yep, I'm smiling.
Old May 30, 2001, 1:27 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally posted by zete:
The Gold Status runs until April 2003. That's the date that is also physically on the Gold card.
I got my instant Gold status back in February this year.
Now that I've signed up for the E-Rewards Gold Challenge, will my Gold status be automatically extended till April 2003? I'm still confused here after reading some previous posts.

Old May 30, 2001, 1:29 pm

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally posted by zete:
The Gold Status runs until April 2003. That's the date that is also physically on the Gold card.
I got my instant Gold status back in February this year.
Now that I've signed up for the E-Rewards Gold Challenge, will my Gold status be automatically extended till April 2003? I'm still confused here after reading some previous posts.

Old May 30, 2001, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Stupid Question, but I just signed up today, the 30th of May. My promotion starts for a 90 day period from today, correct?

Thats correct.

Old May 30, 2001, 9:15 pm

I signed up for the promotion on 5/24 and received my 50,000 points on 5/29 as the system retroactively credited my 4 stays between 4/9 and 5/10. Wow! What a promotion!

This allows me rack up a bigger bonus than Silver and flexibility to concentrate on requalifying for Gold in the Starwood program. After August 31, of course as the Double, Double Dip promotion takes priority of course.
Old May 31, 2001, 8:58 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Last day today... All you procrastinators, get moving!
Old Jun 1, 2001, 3:01 am

Perhaps a stupid question: Do stays at Doubletree Hotels, Hampton Inn and Hampton Suites also qualify for these Super Bonuses or must it be a real Hilton Hotel ?

I am going to Arizona tomorrow and therefore would appreciate a quick reply. Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 3:06 am

Location: Vienna, VA - VS Silver, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I am staying for 3 nights at a London Hilton in July, and then I have to checkout for a day to go elsewhere, and then checking in again the day after. Will this mean it is classed as 2 stays as I am not going to be there for 1 night? Also my parents are also staying at the hotel with me, and while my dad has gold hhonors as well, he has got his 50k bonus already and I still need 3 more so is it possible that hhonors will give me credit for his room as well and count it as a separate stay? Any advice appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.