Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Michigan, USA {US-MI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Michigan, USA {US-MI}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I used to work for a company located directly across the road from the Troy Hilton. There also used to be a Double Tree south a block or two from that location (if I remember right). Check there.

Troy Hilton has some good things, especially the piano player (if he is still there) by the name of Bob Sealy (sp?). He is world a world renown pianist whom you won't want to miss.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat/1M, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, HH Gold
I've stayed at the Troy Hilton a couple of times and it is old/dated. It has been about 2yrs, but unless they have done any work, the carpets were worn and the hallway lighting was dim.

It is also a funky design where the halls are in a curve that doesn't allow you to see very far in front of you.

Personally, I'd stay somewhere else, unless the convenience relative to wherever you are going is too good to pass up.
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:14 pm

Thanks to all for the info/suggestions. I'm trying to coordinate stays for several family members traveling from different states and this helps narrow my search.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Another vote for the Hilton Suites in Auburn Hills. It's an all suite property, so every unit has a seperate bedroom. Great for families. Pool is nice, atrium beautiful.

As for "platinum" upgrades, no platinum level in HHonors
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:13 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Depending on where in Troy you will be, there is also a Hampton Inn at Van Dyke and Metro Parkway/Big Beaver/14 Mile (diagonal from the DC Sterling Heights plant). It's fairly new (about 2 years old), but otherwise a typical Hampton.
Old May 9, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
southfield/plymouth MI hiltons

Any suggestions?

I'm looking at Dearborn DT, southfield hilton, or hilton suites romulus.
Old May 9, 2006, 12:52 pm

Southfield and Plymouth are at least 20 minutes away from each other, so where you need to be is going to help. If you need to be closer to one than the other, that might make a difference, especially since neither Romulus nor Dearborn are particularly close to either Southfield or Plymouth. (Dearborn and Southfield are 12-15 miles apart or so, and Romulus and Plymouth are 15-20 miles apart.)

Mike
Old May 9, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: American EXP, Hilton Diamond
i'll be at helm street in plymouth
Old May 9, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
There's the HGI in Plymouth, that would be close. There's also the ES in Livonia, just shoot down 275 to get to Plymouth.
Old May 9, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by mbtmsu
i'll be at helm street in plymouth

I would choose the Embassy Livonia/Novi, a little farther away, but a nicer property. Then the HGI in Plymouth.

If you have to go as far away as Southfield, the Embassy Southfield's staff is Great!
Old May 9, 2006, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by rnovak
If you have to go as far away as Southfield, the Embassy Southfield's staff is Great!
If you have to go as far away as Southfield, I would not stay at the Southfield Hilton. Beds and staff were nice, but the hotel had a airport motel kind of feel to it - very worn/ dated.
Old May 9, 2006, 11:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Contruction on M14, expect delays... ;)

Just an FYI, M14 (which would normally be the quickest route if you stayed at the ES) is down to one lane going both east and west. During rush hour it can be backed up quite a bit.
If you do end up staying at the ES, you could just take 7 Mile west to Sheldon and then Sheldon south to Helm. You would hit quite a few (at least six) traffic lights but no or very little construction (I think there is some at the Haggerty and 7 Mile intersection = less then minute delay).

There is also a HI (Northville), at 8 Mile and Haggerty, just a couple minutes north of the ES. Then there is the DT (Novi) that is a few more minutes north.

I would choose the ES, then the HI, then the HGI. If you stay at the HGI, you will be right next door to Helm which is nice but there isn't much around there.
There is a neat burger joint about a mile away, heading north then west. Don't know if it is open for supper though.
The HI has a Pizzeria Uno across two parking lots.
There is a nice Brewery, Bonfire, near the ES (at 7 Mile & Haggerty, in front of the Home Depot).
And of course, you have the regular chain type places around the HI and the ES as well.

IMO the ES is a bit closer to "stuff" (malls, movies, many places to eat, etc). The ES is also nicer/bigger, IMO, then the HGI.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions about the area.

Last edited by infinityplusone; May 9, 2006 at 11:59 pm
Old May 10, 2006, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by mbtmsu
Any suggestions?

I'm looking at Dearborn DT, southfield hilton, or hilton suites romulus.
I've stayed in the Hilton Suites in Romulus. I liked the hotel: nice, clear and friendly staff. I'd stay there again.
Old May 10, 2006, 6:28 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I've stayed in the Hilton Suites in Romulus. I liked the hotel: nice, clear and friendly staff. I'd stay there again.

Nice place as long as you don't mind that other than the airport, there is nothing in immediate area.
Old May 10, 2006, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
You also need to remember if you stay near the airport, you will be paying the extra airport taxes on your hotel room for the night. I believe we paid over $10 in taxes for one night the last time we had to stay by the airport...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.