Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Rooms Mgr Contact for Hilton HB?

Anyone have a contact for getting an advance room upgrade from the Hilton Waterfront Hotel in Huntington Beach? Email or even just a name would be great. You can email it to me at [email protected] if you prefer.

Thanks as always!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
We had a nice award stay here last weekend. As a Diamond they had preassigned an exec floor room but it was understandably not yet ready when we arrived at 11:15 a.m. We took a room on another floor that was available and the guy coded our keys for access to the lounge.

They had apparently upgraded the beds since our last stay. Very comfy. The lounge served a cold breakfast, evening snacks (veggies, cheese & crackers, etc.) and cookies before bedtime. The lounge staff were all great this time.

They have even changed their policy regarding delivery of the bill. On a previous stay we had to pick up our bill at the front desk. This time I was pleased to see the bill under our door our last morning so that we could just check out on the TV and leave.

All in all a good stay. We'd do it again.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Aug 17, 2005 at 3:19 am
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:12 am

Is there self parking (free) or is there only vallet for $22?

Also, what happens if I book an award stay for a friend as far as Diamond benefits go? I'm diamond, won't be staying, my friend has no HH status. Do my benefits transfer or not (like room upgrade, breakfast, etc)?
Old Jan 2, 2007, 11:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by daved

Also, what happens if I book an award stay for a friend as far as Diamond benefits go? I'm diamond, won't be staying, my friend has no HH status. Do my benefits transfer or not (like room upgrade, breakfast, etc)?
Ive found that unless Im actually doing the checking-in , that the benefits wont be given even if my name appears on the res and my CC is used.

Keep in mind that many Hotels now-a-days require Pic ID at check-in, so them saying they are You wont Do It any longer.

I know a few people (Diamonds also) who had the res read their name and the others, Nothing was given to the other at checkin but was told when the Diamond member arrives we will give it to them. So the choice was a reg room for that night and an Upgrade if available for the other nights when the Dia shows up, they also dont take kindly any longer to being presented with a CC that belongs to a HH member and yet has a different name on it from the Pic ID also presented, the other option was to Not check-in until the Diamond arrived and get the Upgrade for that night as well. YMMV!

Now if a Diamond in fact does check-in then they will get everything providing they havent chosen to op-out with their MyWay. So a Diamond can check-in get everything and turn it all over to whomever will be staying there and the ones staying will get it all. This is the case with ALL the Chains today.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: hhonors
Ive found that unless Im actually doing the checking-in , that the benefits wont be given even if my name appears on the res and my CC is used.

Keep in mind that many Hotels now-a-days require Pic ID at check-in, so them saying they are You wont Do It any longer.

I know a few people (Diamonds also) who had the res read their name and the others, Nothing was given to the other at checkin but was told when the Diamond member arrives we will give it to them. So the choice was a reg room for that night and an Upgrade if available for the other nights when the Dia shows up, they also dont take kindly any longer to being presented with a CC that belongs to a HH member and yet has a different name on it from the Pic ID also presented, the other option was to Not check-in until the Diamond arrived and get the Upgrade for that night as well. YMMV!

Now if a Diamond in fact does check-in then they will get everything providing they havent chosen to op-out with their MyWay. So a Diamond can check-in get everything and turn it all over to whomever will be staying there and the ones staying will get it all. This is the case with ALL the Chains today.
As is often the case on this board, I've had the opposite experience - My boss ( who is HHgold ) booked rooms for me a couple of times and supplied his HHonors number - when I checked in ( a lowly silver) - I still got the 50% bonus miles, goodies, etc, even though I had them change the hhonors number.

My wife's hhonors account shows 48k points and she hasn't been present at any of the stays, they're all mine...
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rzyzzy
As is often the case on this board, I've had the opposite experience - My boss ( who is HHgold ) booked rooms for me a couple of times and supplied his HHonors number - when I checked in ( a lowly silver) - I still got the 50% bonus miles, goodies, etc, even though I had them change the hhonors number.

My wife's hhonors account shows 48k points and she hasn't been present at any of the stays, they're all mine...
1) on numerous stays my friend had his name as well as the name of the other party (2 different last names , & Only 1 of them was a HH member and Diamond at that) since the person with the Diamond status was NOT at check-in the HotelS didnt give any of the benefits. Could be in your case since the 2 of You were HH members and with Status they let it slip by.

2) as for your wifes acct, I'll guess you both have the same last name in use and were both on the res, so again most likely they let it slip w/o any problems.

Now try and make a res where the person staying has a different last name and not a HH member and see what happens. Again maybe it will work out for You, I can tell you numerous times where it hasnt worked, including where the person checking in had the Diamond members Credit card since the Diamond person had to pay for the stay anyway, yet the front desk asked for Pic ID when the person checking in showed it and it didnt match the name on the CC the Alarm bells went off, the hotel did call the member who said his flight was delayed but that he gave the CC to the other party who was staying in the room with him. It took awhile till the hotel let it go by. Other times they Flaty refused wanted the CC from the person at the desk , removed all ID of the HH member and said when the member gets to the Hotel they will be more then happy to switch it all back again.

No different then when someone books with a Code that they arent entitled to use. Some times they are OK other times it hits the fan.

I think its best to be prepared that it will Hit the Fan, and if it doesnt then all the better
Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by daved

Self-Parking is available, but it still costs $18.
Old Aug 9, 2007, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH, NW, UA, SPG
Any more recent comments?

It seems therre is a fee for net access.

What's up with valet parking only?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 7:49 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Just a quick update - I've stayed at this property several times over the past few months. Diamond benefits include free continental breakfast vouchers, a 20% coupon off their restaurant (I've been able to apply it towards room service), and 1-2 free drink coupons.

During my first two stays, I was given an upgrade to an upper level room with a decent view. Subsequent stays netted me a nice junior suite, or an ocean facing room (which I'm in at the moment). I should note that the ocean facing room has a nice view, but if you're on a lower floor, you get quite a bit of road noise.

Staff is friendly, there's evening turndown service, and I usually get two free bottles of water a day. Valet parking is your only option, at $22/day.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M, DL 1M, HH Diamond, PC Amb Plat, Hyatt Plat, * Wood Gold, MR Silver
I love this hotel. I have been upgraded to a suite my last few visits. I have only been able to score them on a shorter stay. Parking has been valet only for some time. The diamond lounge is fair.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slow
Any more recent comments?

It seems therre is a fee for net access.

What's up with valet parking only?
Valet parking only keeps the garage from filling up with beach goers when the beach lots overflow.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by gozar
I love this hotel. I have been upgraded to a suite my last few visits. I have only been able to score them on a shorter stay. Parking has been valet only for some time. The diamond lounge is fair.
What diamond lounge?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
my stay - January 2009

I just stayed at this hotel for one night with my wife on points.

Just a gold, but asked and got an executive suite on the 11th floor.

Check in was excellent.

The room was small, but nicely appointed. We liked the beds, the balcony and was amazed that they had an ice bucket already filled when we got there. I've never seen that at any hotel.

We had a drink at Shades which was nicely appointed and had excellent service, then went out for dinner.

Breakfast in the room was good. Again the service was good, but I did find that the staff could go a bit overboard on being helpful. If that is possible.

24 bucks for valet parking was a gip, but I knew that.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
August 2009 stay

Had a 1 night stay recently and was a bit disappointed. I'd never been to this property before and was looking forward to it.

As a Diamond I was given a standard room on the 10th floor. Asked if there was a concierge lounge and was told that they hadn't had one for several years. For Diamond bennies they gave me a chit good for 20% off my dinner at Shades restaurant (food only, no discount on adult beverages). They also gave me a chit for free continental breakfast that specifically mentioned cold items only along with an offer to upsell to the hot buffet.

The room was small but nicely furnished. Dinner at Shades was good, but the service was very slow.

I was unimpressed by the beach setup. I guess I thought that with the name "Waterfront" I shouldn't need to cross a multi-lane highway and a large parking lot to get to the beach. I also figured that the beach hut would be near the property and not a block down the beach. I also thought the surrounding area was not very attractive (construction on the north side of the hotel and a power plant to the south).

All in all a decent property, but not very good with Diamond bennies, and not worth the usual rates they charge.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 8:36 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I also thought the surrounding area was not very attractive (construction on the north side of the hotel and a power plant to the south).
The construction to the north is way behind schedule due to the economy. Huntington Beach and Orange County have been hit hard by the economny. Directly to the south of the Hilton is a very large Hyatt (owned by the same company that owns the Hilton). There is a pedestrian bridge that crosses Pacific Coast Highway at the Hyatt. The Hyatt runs from the Hilton all the way to Beach Boulevard, a fair distance.

You make it sound like the power plant is right next to the hotel. Reality is the plant is 2 miles south of Beach Boulevard, about 2.5 miles from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.