Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 1999, 7:16 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

I am staying there in May - any comments or suggestions on things to do?
Old Jun 23, 2001, 7:35 pm

Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort

Does anyone have any opinions about this property? Is the beach a nice one? How is the pool area? Any comments would be very helpful.
Old Jun 23, 2001, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I drove by it today. It appears nice from the outside and it is just down the street from the pier. If you end up with a South view you will see what looks to be an old power plant under major renovation. It is a real eyesore.

TW
Old Jun 24, 2001, 2:06 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
been there once a number of years ago - rel nice lobby area and rooms were fine

The beach is nice - but it depends on what you are looking for in a beach -

to play in the sand - go to Manhattan Beach - (thats where the sand in Hawaii comes from )

to surf- go north to Malibu or south to ?

Huntington Bach is a cute touristy kind of beach

Also - the hotel is NOT on the beach - it is across Pacific Coast Hwy - which is a major road- from the beach

[This message has been edited by jan_az (edited 06-24-2001).]

Old Jun 24, 2001, 4:08 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic
We stayed here in summer 1999, and are going back again for a few nights this summer. The kids thought it was great, but all they want to do is be surf bums for a few days!

Accomodations are good - I suspect Hilton spend a packet keeping it looking good. Public rooms and restaurants are spacious and quality is good.

Good pool, tennis courts (with equipment available), free use of beach umbrellas and other amenities.

And handy for all those Orange County attractions - Disney/Knotts within 30 minutes.

If you visit ask for a 'sunset view' room, rather than 'sunrise' or 'gardsn view'. Sunrise view rooms look towards an industrial plant a few miles down the coast.

martin
Old Jun 24, 2001, 9:21 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by jan_az:
been there once a number of years ago - rel nice lobby area and rooms were fine

The beach is nice - but it depends on what you are looking for in a beach -

to play in the sand - go to Manhattan Beach - (thats where the sand in Hawaii comes from )

to surf- go north to Malibu or south to ?

Huntington Bach is a cute touristy kind of beach

Also - the hotel is NOT on the beach - it is across Pacific Coast Hwy - which is a major road- from the beach

</font>
Um, excuse me, but the shores from Huntington Beach to Newport Beach are among the most popular surfing areas in Southern California......

------------------
danville 1K
Old Jun 24, 2001, 10:48 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
When we lived in So Cal my kids were big time surfers - I said go south to ?
Old Jun 24, 2001, 12:10 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Tolarian Wind:
I drove by it today. It appears nice from the outside and it is just down the street from the pier. If you end up with a South view you will see what looks to be an old power plant under major renovation. It is a real eyesore.

TW
</font>
TW:

The power crisis in California is for real..... the eyesore you refer to is badly needed and we're happy to get it up and running again..... To some of us it looks pretty darn good

------------------
danville 1K
Old Jun 24, 2001, 8:25 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

It's great if you want to be in Huntington. Why are you there and what are you looking for?

And as for "I drove by it today. It appears nice from the outside and it is just down the street from the pier. If you end up with a South view you will see what looks to be an old power plant under major renovation. It is a real eyesore." - That's what everything from LB to Newport is like. Still great beach and decent small wave surfing.
nismo240ssx likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2001, 10:03 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Not quite on-topic, but having grown up in Huntington Beach (and frequently return), I prefered the "old" "Surf City" over the new touristy HB. It all began with the construction of the Hilton.

Oh well, times change.
Old Jun 26, 2001, 1:37 pm

Location: cmh: nw gold, dl gold, aa plat, hh diamond. BBJ Capt
we've stayed there numerous times and loved it. it's near attractions, yet not too close to the traffic. hotel was very nice, pool nice, nice beach across the street. if you don't want to shop, they'll provide (for a fee) firewood and food for an evening picnic on the beach.
Old Jun 26, 2001, 1:49 pm

Um, aren't the beaches there usually closed due to high bacteria levels? Not that that is so unusual in Southern California...
Old Jan 14, 2002, 6:25 pm

Huntington Beach Hilton Resort

Just booked an SP5 award stay at the Huntington Beach Hilton Resort. As a Diamond, I was wondering what I might expect. Also, any information or tips about the property would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

cethen
Old Jan 14, 2002, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I stayed there last summer. Even as a lowly gold they upgraded me to a room on the concierge level. The executive lounge there has a nice little breakfast buffet (albeit no hot dishes) and snacks in the evening. I recommend you ask for a room on the pool side with a view of the ocean facing to the north. This view is much nicer (IMHO anyway) than the view to the south on the other side of the building.

I called the property before my stay and asked for an upgrade to the concierge level if available. They had it already assigned when I got there. Nice staff.

[This message has been edited by Westcoaster (edited 01-14-2002).]
Old Jul 15, 2002, 5:46 pm

Any tips for staying at the Huntington Beach, CA Hilton?

Will be at the Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort next week on an SP5 award. Haven't been able to find out much about this place except I've been told it's pretty nice. Has anyone any advice regarding rooms, meals, perks, or any other stories to share?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.