Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:35 pm

I'm staying here 7/28 with my wife to burn an AMEX free night certificate. This resort seems to qualify for use of the $250 AMEX Hilton resort credit, but I was just curious if anyone has used the credit at this resort? I'd love to sign up for some massages or use it at one of the nice restaurants.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:25 am

Restaurants

Anyone know or have dp if restaurants here will work for the 250 resort credit for aspire card without staying a night here? Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:08 am

Does anyone know if I can call this hotel and ask them to charge $250 now to my reservation for Feb 2024 (using FNC)? I still have the $250 unused resort credit from my Aspire card but my planned stay isn't until Feb 2024. Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Stayed at this hotel and was quite unimpressed, given the price point. We were there for the $250 credit; otherwise, we have stayed at the HR next door between 5-10 times. We are Hilton Golds for what it's worth.

-HVAC only cooled room to 70 degrees. Unacceptable for a hotel of this quality.
-Bedside outlets not functional.
-Someone had smashed the bathroom door hinge so it wouldn't close.
-A couple other minor room issues.
-Hotel seemed generous with upgrades (just HH Gold). Asked for a downgrade as we don't like walk in showers (unless there is a separate tub).
-When they downgraded us, they changed our rate by accident to Best Available Rate, causing the room rate to go way up.
-Lots of phone calls to fix.
-Hotel did not honor the resort fee "coupon book." Forgot to ask, but we shouldn't have to ask; it's on the disclosure.
-Good room service breakfast! Although $30 went comically not far...
-Hotel strangely empty despite beautiful weather. Every person working was like a Mega Manager leading me to wonder where all the regular employees. This hotel's revenue managements to be shooting for pricey + empty.
-Only two bottles in the shower, so body wash got the axe (Best Westerns do better than this).

Overall, we won't be back unless we get the Aspire and have to.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
So I'll be in Huntington Beach in the middle of May, and our company travel policy is Hilton only. So when looking at places to stay, besides Waterfront Beach Resort there are no other Hilton close by. Looking on Concur the Waterfront meets our company travel policy, so was thinking of staying here. Being a lonely Gold, I'm assuming I get the $15 daily Food Credit.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 2:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So I'll be in Huntington Beach in the middle of May, and our company travel policy is Hilton only. So when looking at places to stay, besides Waterfront Beach Resort there are no other Hilton close by. Looking on Concur the Waterfront meets our company travel policy, so was thinking of staying here. Being a lonely Gold, I'm assuming I get the $15 daily Food Credit.
Yes Gold gets $15, can't use it at the pool bar or the rooftop bar, but can at the restaurants and the market.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by matthewcr
Yes Gold gets $15, can't use it at the pool bar or the rooftop bar, but can at the restaurants and the market.
Awesome, Since my company policy allows me to eat the hotel restaurants without worrying about an expensive report. $15 is good enough for a quick breakfast
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Awesome, Since my company policy allows me to eat the hotel restaurants without worrying about an expensive report. $15 is good enough for a quick breakfast
Make sure you tell the front desk there's two of you, but Guest 2 will be arriving later, you get $30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.