Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
LA - Any Free parking for Diamonds?

I'm looking for a Westside hotel - maybe Santa Monica, but out to Ventura for an award night. They all seem to charge for parking. Do any of them waive parking for Diamonds?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:32 am

There are properties in the Ventura area that don’t charge for parking, as noted in property details when you do a search.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Some reasonable on-street or lower cost overnight parking opportunities around the H Hotel (Curio) at LAX.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question most deluxe embassy suites los angeles?

Hello all,

I need some advice, whats the most deluxe and updated embassy suites in the area los angeles (40 miles area from LAX)
Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:55 pm

There is no such thing as a deluxe ES in the region IME, and I’ve stayed in almost every ES in SoCal. Properties are being updated constantly, with most focusing on eliminating the 80s look.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Los Angeles - Hilton Checkers or Hampton Inn/Suites LA/Hollywood?

Which is the better hotel for a Diamond for location, room upgrades, breakfast, amenities? Does either hotel have an executive lounge? I believe both hotels offer the 10x base rate plus the Diamond 100% and the Aspire 14x.

The Hampton Inn and Suites is (surprisingly?) more expensive. The semi-flexible rate at the Checkers is $196 and the Hampton is $227.

These 2 hotels are equidistant from my destination and I have never been in this part of LA.

Thank you!
Old Feb 27, 2020, 2:48 pm

The properties are vastly different from each other, as are the neighborhoods. No lounge at either. Checkers is downtown, Hampton is in a rather gritty semi-industrial area. Equidistance means nothing in LA...you may want to use Waze or another app to determine drive times for each property at the times of day you expect to be traveling.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:42 pm

Burger or steak?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Burger or steak?
I stay at both properties, and it isn’t quite that simple. For a Hampton, this one isn’t bad...it’s just in a marginal area. Checkers is liked by some, disdained by others...I personally think it’s fine, especially if you get one of the suites - and there’s a lot to do within a short walk.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I stay at both properties, and it isn’t quite that simple. For a Hampton, this one isn’t bad...it’s just in a marginal area. Checkers is liked by some, disdained by others...I personally think it’s fine, especially if you get one of the suites - and there’s a lot to do within a short walk.
Ah, but you see, that was baked into my analogy! The societal perception being that steak is classier, higher end. But dig down and indeed, it's not so simple - plenty of personal preference, coupled with the execution of the particular dish, which come into play. The traditionalists will almost always pick the same one, but what's the best value, the best experience, is up to interpretation.

(Ok, I should have just said "chocolate or vanilla").
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 7:26 pm

LOL. OK - maybe the Checkers then. It sounds like as a single female i would be safer in that neighborhood. it also sounds like more fun.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
LOL. OK - maybe the Checkers then. It sounds like as a single female i would be safer in that neighborhood. it also sounds like more fun.
Good choice.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:29 am

Good choice.
Since you know the area, is it possible to park my rental car on the street? I was a little put off by Checkers' $49/day to park. Or even do you have a sense of if I found a parking lot/garage nearby would it be cheaper for overnight?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Graciecatt
Since you know the area, is it possible to park my rental car on the street? I was a little put off by Checkers' $49/day to park. Or even do you have a sense of if I found a parking lot/garage nearby would it be cheaper for overnight?
I park in the Pershing Square garage, which is a block away, but a nice walk straight through the historic Biltmore Hotel. Much, much cheaper than Checkers valet. No viable overnight street parking, and even if there was, I’d still consider it a big nope downtown.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 12:02 pm

I park in the Pershing Square garage, which is a block away, but a nice walk straight through the historic Biltmore Hotel. Much, much cheaper than Checkers valet. No viable overnight street parking, and even if there was, I’d still consider it a big nope downtown.
Awesome thank you so much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.