FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/124150-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-near-los-angeles-california-usa-us-ca.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA {US-CA}

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Los Angeles, California, USA

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

hmlg Apr 19, 2015 9:11 am

Stay in los angeles

Hi

I would like to use 40k points for a stay in LA and am going to be arriving by train at Union station. There seem to be two choices - the Hilton Checkers or the Doubletree Downtown - which would you go for?

thanks
Hugo

fozziedoggie Apr 19, 2015 9:16 am

You don't have enough points for Checkers; 60K. Try DT, maybe they will have Points and Cash rate.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by hmlg (Post 24687645)
Hi

I would like to use 40k points for a stay in LA and am going to be arriving by train at Union station. There seem to be two choices - the Hilton Checkers or the Doubletree Downtown - which would you go for?

thanks
Hugo

hmlg Apr 19, 2015 9:17 am

it is coming up at 40k in March next year

3Cforme Apr 19, 2015 10:02 am

Checkers isn't perfect but it has a lot to recommend it - and your arrival by Amtrak suggests it may fit elements of your demographic. ^

There's a long Checkers master thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-us-ca-10.html

365RoadWarrior Apr 19, 2015 10:37 am

From Union Station, I'd hop the Gold Line Metro and go to Pasadena. Much nicer place to be. The Hilton there is fine, but there are other HH Choices. (A bit further to travel, but the DT Monrovia is one I really like.)

Kacee Jun 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyou10 (Post 26774170)
We like a good hotel with things to do within walking distance.

That's a tall order in LA.

I suppose the Checkers downtown, although I personally have never been impressed. DT Santa Monica. That's two hours away in traffic.

If you go the other direction, there's Hilton Palm Springs. It's a little warm there this time of year.

DT Ontario is a nice property.

Kalboz Jul 7, 2016 10:29 am

Recently noticed that there is a new resort rising next to the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach. We were doing a 4-night stay for the 4th of july weekend at the adjacent Hyatt Regency Resort when PCH was blocked for vehicle traffic to accommodate the parade and we walked to downtown to take this photo:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7720/2...9b5c68bb_c.jpg

dealOCD Feb 2, 2017 5:43 pm

any great new LA properties<

opps duplicate

dealOCD Feb 2, 2017 5:48 pm

any great new LA properties?

Ive read through and searched some but wanted to make sure Im not missing a gem. We are slated to stay HGI Redondo beach area for a quick weekend. Husband stays there on business but I understand its not particularly glorious or right near the beach or walking to shopping. we plan on spending most of the time between manhattan/hermosa/redondo areas and go into santa monica as well as head north to the science center one day. Was open to heading down to Hilton Waterfront Huntington Beach but rates are over 400$ now ;(

Any thoughts? Look forward to hearing others experiences.
thanks

Terminator8 Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Any thoughts on the Beverly Hilton?

Don in LA Feb 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Terminator8 (Post 27914106)
Any thoughts on the Beverly Hilton?

It's a nice hotel, but lots of construction going on nearby so check to see whether you can get a discount or if any amenities are unavailable. Last time I stayed there on a staycation (I live within a mile), they had a car that took us to local restaurants. It's certainly walking distance to Rodeo Drive and Century City, and Santa Monica is a short drive away.

gadberry Mar 6, 2017 1:16 pm

Hampton Inn Cypress, California

Introduction This property just finished a complete remodel. The biggest change for me is that there are now refrigerators in every room. I have stayed here multiple times over the years and always have a pleasant stay. The black-out curtains and awesome beds mean I sleep great everytime.I think Cypress is a good central location as you are between LA county, OC, and Long Beach. This hotel is mostly for business but it is close to the beach and theme parks. In other words; Dad is working, Mom and kids are playing.If you are Japanese, there are many Japanese businesses in the area. I always see Japanese people at breakfast which gives me a chance to practice speaking to them.A few other things: The lobby has 24 hour coffee and tea. Next door there is a Target so you don't need to pack everything if you like to travel light or forget something. Starbucks, Taco Bell, and some small restaurants are very close. Valley View and Katella are busy streets so you can find just about any type of restaurant. I almost forgot to mention that the Internet works great here. There is also a business center with free computers and printers in the lobby. If you need a quick workout, the gym is small but adequate. Of course the staff is super nice. There is not much extra that a Hampton can do for Diamonds but I always get a room on the top floor. There is some dedicated Diamond parking available. Breakfast, parking, and Internet are all complimentary.In a few words this hotel is clean and very relaxing.

Kalboz Mar 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Trying to decide between a stay at the HR Huntington Beach and the Waterfront Hilton. Any experiences there to compare the two? Many stays at the Hyatt but never stayed at this Hilton property. Diamond with Hilton - any benefits at this Hilton?

Richmond_Surrey Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Homewood Suites by Hilton Agoura Hills

Check In Very nice staff at Reception. Told me all about amenities available. I asked for quiet room not facing Freeway and got it. Room Standard rooms as expected, clean and quiet. Dining Reasonable breakfast and free evening food Mon - Thu. Location Excellent location for access to Freeway 101, Santa Monica Mountains and some shopping in the area. A lot of retail places in 10 miles radius. Pool Some people with kids in the morning, but deserted during the day. There's also hot tub. Overall Very happy with my stay and will definitely consider it again if available for points or at low price.