Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do these stays count for Bonus?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2001, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Do these stays count for Bonus?

Ok, I've seen it discussed here that some people get credit for Priceline stays, particularly if they have some addl charges to the room. I am getting ready to use 2 that I haven't seen addressed here. The first is a Bid4Vacations package at the Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach, FL. I already know I will have some parking charges not covered by the BID4 package, will that automatically mean my stay counts or should I generate some addl charges? Also wonder if anyone has bought any of the Gift Certificates off the City Spree auctions and used them and gotten credit for the stay. Most of the ones I have bought will not completely cover the stay, and I will have to pay the remainder so I figure I am covered, but has anyone done this yet? By the way I can't believe City Spree is not a hot topic here, I have in the past 2 weeks bought 7 gift certificates at 25% of face value for Hilton properties in: Greensboro, NC; Charleston SC; and Fort Lauderdale. This looks on the surface to be an excellent way to make those bonus stays. Hampton Inn, Greensboro, has some $90 certs at $22.50 almost every day, several times a day, surely someone else has seen these?
Cindi
Old May 23, 2001, 10:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
what is the site for city spree?

Nevermind, i just found it. But how does this thing work? It doesn't explain anything on the site. Are these certificates just like cash at the hotels? There must be a catch.

[This message has been edited by srodr (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old May 23, 2001, 11:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Here's some more info on CitySpree: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/001919.html
Old May 24, 2001, 10:15 am

As I understand it, Cityspree makes a deal with the local ownership/management of the Hilton hotels. Their policy does not allow for change if the certificate value exceeds the expense of the service. They also put in a "one certificate per month" rule (which screws people like me that bought several certs for his favorite restaurants).

MHO:Stick with one cert per hotel stay, and don't buy too far ahead. This dot.com may become a dot.bomb.

If interested, the URL is www.cityspree.com

------------------
He who dies with the most miles ... is dead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.