Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:28 pm

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Originally Posted by ksd0621
Has anyone stayed at the DT Suites TS recently? I have seen a few reviews on other sites complaining about construction noise next door. I'm curious how serious that is. Do people still prefer this hotel over the Hilton Times Square?
We stayed in July and didn't notice any construction noise but maybe it wasn't in full swing yet. As to the Hilton TS, we prefer the Doubletree but that's because we're a family of 5 and have plenty of room at the DT. We could have had a Diamond upgrade to a room overlooking Times Square but they're actually smaller than the other rooms.

We also like the fact that the northbound N, Q, R train exit is literally next door to the hotel entrance. We take the R train from the Staten island Ferry and it's incredibly convenient.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:40 pm

We are having a surprisingly bad stay here this time. Last time we stayed, we were upgraded to the highest floor that is not executive level with a view to Central Park, this time, the 15th floor, and one of our rooms has a view into the side of another building, while the other is extraordinarily noisy and right next to and across from the elevators. 4 people in each room and they never made up the sofa beds, nor did they leave bedding so that we could make them up. We arrived early and they took our phone number to call us when our rooms would be ready. Finally came back at 3:45, rooms were ready but no phone call. Requests for items upon arrival were ignored. Came back tonight after a show, and keys for one room did not work. Went down to the desk and they advised that we had not checked into that room (despite having keys for it) so they had assigned it to someone else, who, upon finding our luggage in the room, returned to the desk and requested a different room. Luckily, nothing seems to be missing. Desk reprogrammed the keys and sent us on our way, never even bothered to come up and check that all was okay.
Overall, not quite the experience that we have become accustomed to with this hotel and with Hilton hotels generally. Had booked the Conrad, think I made a mistake switching.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:05 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Extremely disappointing. You didn't check in to that room but magically your luggage checked in without you. They give someone else keys to your room and blame you for not properly checking in. I hope you inform Guest Services and receive some compensation.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Extremely disappointing. You didn't check in to that room but magically your luggage checked in without you. They give someone else keys to your room and blame you for not properly checking in. I hope you inform Guest Services and receive some compensation.
We never received a CS survey for our stay, so went ahead and placed our critical review on Tripadvisor. We were contacted by Hilton Corporate guest relations and, after contacting the hotel about our stay, guest relations sent out Be My Guest certificates to replace our stay. We never heard anything from the DT, so kudos to Hilton corporate, not so much for the DT. Surprising to me, because the last time we stayed, we mentioned a minor item in regard to our server at breakfast in my CS survey and the DT contacted me and offered compensation for a very minor issue, which I actually turned down. This time, with major issues, they did not do anything and relied on Corporate to deal with us.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:22 am

nm...

Last edited by ukengineer; Dec 15, 2015 at 7:07 am
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
We are having a surprisingly bad stay here this time. Last time we stayed, we were upgraded to the highest floor that is not executive level with a view to Central Park, this time, the 15th floor, and one of our rooms has a view into the side of another building, while the other is extraordinarily noisy and right next to and across from the elevators. 4 people in each room and they never made up the sofa beds, nor did they leave bedding so that we could make them up. We arrived early and they took our phone number to call us when our rooms would be ready. Finally came back at 3:45, rooms were ready but no phone call. Requests for items upon arrival were ignored. Came back tonight after a show, and keys for one room did not work. Went down to the desk and they advised that we had not checked into that room (despite having keys for it) so they had assigned it to someone else, who, upon finding our luggage in the room, returned to the desk and requested a different room. Luckily, nothing seems to be missing. Desk reprogrammed the keys and sent us on our way, never even bothered to come up and check that all was okay.
Overall, not quite the experience that we have become accustomed to with this hotel and with Hilton hotels generally. Had booked the Conrad, think I made a mistake switching.
About a year ago I checked into this property - went up to the room and it was full of luggage, clothes, etc. (Thankfully, no people!)

They obviously have a problem with this.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:39 am

Diamond breakfast?

I have a stay coming up here with my family. I'm curious as to what the diamond breakfast is like at this hotel? Any current reviews? Any construction I should be aware of? In your opinion, where are the best rooms/floors, at this hotel? I've never stayed at this one. I'm a HGI, times square person usually.

Last edited by lexie; Apr 1, 2016 at 6:54 am Reason: Content
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:05 am

We thought breakfast was very good for a domestic hotel. Full buffet including an omelette/pancake/eggs/waffle station made fresh. Service for beverages was also very good on our last stay in October and the cook at the hot station was great.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
Quite room?

I will be staying here for the first time tuesday and wednesday night. I don't care about views, room size or beds. All I care about is a quiet room. Can anyone make recommendations about what to look for, so that I'm away from the elevator and as far away from outside noise as possible?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:11 pm

You will want the highest floor possible and, of course, away from the elevators. Otherwise, I can't think of any other considerations you need to worry about. Even on top floors, it will not be silent, you will still be able to hear, at least a little, that you are in Manhattan.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I know at most hotels it's hard to escape the NYC street noise. I just wasn't sure if there was a side that faced away from Times Square where things might be quieter.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:37 pm

We were on a high floor facing away from Times Square (with a view to Central Park, between buildings). At that height, I don't think a Times Square facing room would be much different, but I haven't had one, so couldn't say for sure.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:37 am

Trying to check in ahead of time, and "select your own room" tells me that they've pre-selected a great room for me on the 26th floor (thankfully facing 47th St. and away from the elevator from what I can tell). But apparently that's the only room I can choose, because I'm not given any other options.

I don't have a lot of experience choosing rooms with hotels that are sold out (as this one seems to be on my nights). Is this typical?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:54 am

Online check in has not worked for me any of the three times that I have stayed there and it was not sold out at least 2 of the 3 times. I would wait to check in at the desk and see what kind of room they can come up with.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:32 am

To close the loop on this, in case anyone cares, when I checked in at the front desk they put me up on the 30th floor. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how little outside noise filters up into the room. I can't say the same about the hallway noise, but that problem certainly isn't unique to this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.