Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:37 am

Right now I see 95,000 points or $2,999.

Meanwhile HGI Times Square Central is 70,000 points or $1,399.

The Marriott Marquis (maybe the prime hotel to view the ball drop?) is unavailable.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Any recent stays here? Specifically looking for treatment of Diamonds, as well as condition of gym.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by MeLike2Travel
Any recent stays here? Specifically looking for treatment of Diamonds, as well as condition of gym.
Wife and I stayed there in Early December. It's all suites, so the only real upgrade you get is a better view/higher floor corner suite and they will upgrade diamonds to those if available.

Breakfast is full buffet, but they give gold's the same benefit and thanks to Hilton handing out gold like candy, there can be a wait sometimes.

Fitness center is nothing special but I have seen a lot worse. It is 24/7 and has lots of cardio, so for someone like me that likes cardio it is a decent gym but not for someone that lifts. They have nice headphones in the gym you can use while using the cardio machines. Plenty of machines for cardio.

They are stingy with late check outs. For diamonds it's 1 pm latest, same they give gold's.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Just got back from a week-long trip during my daughter's spring break. Treatment as a diamond was great. Upgraded to a corner room suite on the 34th floor that overlooked Times Square. Was given breakfast coupons for the buffet for my wife and I. They let our 5 year old eat for free as well. Breakfast options were very good. I felt sorry for everyone who paid $34 per person for the buffet. Saved us a ton of money. Internet was awful. I used the free base option. It routinely booted me off. Very frustrating. Gym is well equipped. Overall a great stay at a very conveniently located hotel. I would definitely go back.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Member

Hi there! Any updates on treatment of Golds here in the summer? thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sggolf
Hi there! Any updates on treatment of Golds here in the summer? thanks!
stayed here for a couple of nights last week....got an upgrade to a premium suite on one of the top floors....
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Keyser
stayed here for a couple of nights last week....got an upgrade to a premium suite on one of the top floors....
Wow that's great. We couldn't even get two double beds.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by sggolf
Wow that's great. We couldn't even get two double beds.
What, did they make you sleep on the floor?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Member

We got a king and a sofabed.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Just a note of caution, beware of the cancellation policy when booking. At the beginning of June I booked a one night for end of September and last night I tried to cancel it online due to a change in plans there was a message that the cancellation period had passed which flabbergasted me since I was cancelling over two weeks in advance and it never occurred to me that September 27 would be a night where extraordinary, New Years Eve style cancellation windows were applicable. Last night the Diamond Desk tried to cancel with the hotel but was informed that I needed to call during business hours and speak to the Revenue Manager. I left a message but still have not heard back.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:33 pm

That is an oddball one! I just recently booked one award night near the end of October and cancellation is the same as usual, day before. I assume that your booking was not a prepaid, nonrefundable one?
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
That is an oddball one! I just recently booked one award night near the end of October and cancellation is the same as usual, day before. I assume that your booking was not a prepaid, nonrefundable one?
I booked using the MVP Rate (which is the rate stated on the reservation). For some reason it is saying I paid a deposit but I definitely did not and NEVER EVER EVER would have booked since I was not sure if I would be in New York that evening. I am starting to get pretty ticked off as I left another message earlier this afternoon and have not been called back.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:04 pm

You may get a lot more ticked off. I have called and emailed this hotel more times than I can count and have never gotten a response. They have always been great once I get there, but I have never had any luck with them beforehand. In the past, I have just cancelled the booking in question and rebooked rather than trying to get them to change it. Unfortunately, not an option in your case.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:35 am

They are refusing to cancel and I am definitely not paying this. If this means I have to move my entire travel to Hyatt so be it, I am really angry.

Last edited by Miesque; Sep 10, 2015 at 7:55 am
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:42 pm

Recent stays??

Has anyone stayed at the DT Suites TS recently? I have seen a few reviews on other sites complaining about construction noise next door. I'm curious how serious that is. Do people still prefer this hotel over the Hilton Times Square?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.