Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

question about previous double-double promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2001, 8:48 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum

In the previous double-double promotion, the first stay received regular point and miles, but subsequent stays received double miles and double points (triple points if Amex card was used). Now I am told that this is only true if you gave the same airline card on all stays, and that if you gave a different airline card on the second stay you would not get double points or miles for that second stay. Was this mentioned anywhere in the promotion materials?
Old Apr 4, 2001, 9:33 am

PG -- Where did you get that information? AFAIK, that was not stipulated by the promotion rules. Also, why would your choices in airline "double dip" affect your HHonors points bonuses? Doesn't sound right to me.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 10:25 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was told this by a Hilton Honors rep when I called them to ask why the points/miles on my second stay in the promotion period were not doubled. The answer I received was that this is because I presented different airline cards on my first and second stays.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 10:45 am

I would call again and talk to another rep, or to a supervisor.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 1:12 pm

Originally posted by PG:
I was told this by a Hilton Honors rep when I called them to ask why the points/miles on my second stay in the promotion period were not doubled. The answer I received was that this is because I presented different airline cards on my first and second stays.
What property did you stay in your second stay? I didn't get any double points or miles on Hampton Inn.

I called HHonors several times, but their reps were clueless.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 2:25 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I stayed at a Hilton, and received the usual 10x points, Gold bonus, 500 airline miles (but points/miles were not doubled).
Old Apr 4, 2001, 2:42 pm

All HHonors properties, including Hampton Inn, were eligible for the "double-double" promotion. All my double miles and double points have been posted correctly.

Just keep in mind, that all those bonuses do not show on the "Hotel Stays", but rather on the "Other Activity Points" on the HHonors Web site. Log in, click on "Activity", then on "Other Activity Points". Bonuses associated with the "double-double" promo will be shown under "Q4/Q1 DOUBLE OFFER", or (for bonus points when you've paid with AmEx) under "Q4/Q1 TRIPLE OFFER".

Hope it helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.