Search

Hilton Website Room Rates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2001, 9:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Hilton Website Room Rates

hnechets' reply in another thread about a Hilton walk-up rate raised another question. Are the room rates on the Hilton site the best rates available? Or would one do better by reserving directly through the hotel?
Old Mar 22, 2001, 9:41 am
DOC 2 BE

I was able to find a 800 # for the Laval Hilton somewhere and called them. They were running a special that was better than the website. However, short of contacting the hotel, my experience generally has been that the Hilton website is better at posting special rates than any other internet booking engine like Travleocity, TravelWeb, etc. They often have specials that the others do not.

Old Mar 23, 2001, 10:40 am
CG

I think the best thing about the Hilton website is the ability to show all the rates available. This means they will show you the AAA, AARP, government, military, travel agent, bounceback special, etc. If you qualify for any of these they can mean a substantial discount from the rate quoted on Expedia or Travelocity.
Old Mar 23, 2001, 12:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I usually look online, then call the hotel directly to see if there are any specials for my dates that are not on line, or if they say "Are you part of the men in red socks convention? (if they are having a convention at that time)" then I'll usually say yes to get their rates.
Old Mar 23, 2001, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam

I just had an interesting experience at a Doubletree. The website quoted $115 for a Dream Deal (included full breakfast buffet for 3) rate. When I called the hotel directly to make the reservation, they quoted me $104 for the same rate. When I checked out, they charged me $99.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.