Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HGVC and Hiltonhhonors

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2001, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

HGVC and Hiltonhhonors

We just purchased a HGVC membership and am interested in any hints or tips on how these programs interchange or how to maximize points.
Old Jan 28, 2001, 10:24 pm
Original Member

I've been an HGVC owner for 5 years and while it's expensive, it's improved the quality of my vacations. It exchanges very well with RCI and if you don't plan on travelling each year you can exchange for HHonors points. It seems to be one of the most flexable timeshares on the market. I know timeshares are not for everyone (probably not for most people) but I've enjoyed mine. I'll be glad to sponsor anyone that's interested.
Old Jan 29, 2001, 9:30 am
Original Member

One of the perks of HGVC is that you become a lifetime Silver member..so you'll always be a VIP.

Unless you plan to trade your week for HHonors points, you'll be earning all your points from Hilton stays (and Hilton partners)..
Old May 23, 2003, 6:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
HHonors points to HGVC points

I'm thinking about get a HGVC timeshare and I know you can move the club points to HH. Can you do it the other way? I think you get a better deal in that 161k HHonors points gets you a a full week at a HGVC with two bedrooms versus a standard hotel room.
Old May 25, 2003, 12:01 pm
Original Member

Sorry, you can only transfer one-way (HGVC to HHonors points)...

The only thing you can do is to use HHonors points for an HGVC award (For Las Vegas or Orlando)for something like 2 or 3 nights stay (at quite a few points - I'm too lazy to go find my HHonors booklet but I think it costs as much points for a few night stay as HGVC will give you if you give up your week for HHonors points instead - quite a bit of a losing trade...)
Old May 26, 2003, 8:39 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sassamanlaw:
I'm thinking about get a HGVC timeshare and I know you can move the club points to HH. Can you do it the other way? I think you get a better deal in that 161k HHonors points gets you a a full week at a HGVC with two bedrooms versus a standard hotel room.</font>
Do you know anyone that is a HGVC owner? If you let them refer you they can get a bunch of HHonors points for the referral. We have a Platinum week in Las Vegas and it is pretty easy to trade it. Will be staying at HWV this September. Traded into the Fiesta Americana at Cabo twice. (fabulous place) There are a couple of rules you should be aware of before you buy and with a little negotiating at the time of purchase you might be able to mitigate them. If you want to discuss feel free to e-mail me.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.