Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Points Posting Problems: Points Missing, Delayed or Not Posting" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2002, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam

As information, I mailed my Delta Certs last Friday, they posted today (Wednesday). Impressive.....
Old Oct 16, 2002, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdhenry:
Your answer is so much shorter than UpgradeMe's but so much more informative.
</font>
Not so sure about that - - links to 9 different recent threads covering all types of HH properties (the original poster was not specific).

No offense intended, swimtrip.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:18 am
RR

Time to post points for stays

How long does it take to post points for stays at Hilton?
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:39 am

My stays usually post within a week. Never had any problems missing stays or points.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 7:41 am

Domestically, I've rarely had trouble.
But, with Int'l properties, I usually get impatient after a week or two and fax my receipt to see the HHonors points ASAP.

Most recently the London Paddington had taken 3 weeks and I'd seen nothing. So, I faxed and had the points posted within 3 days.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 10:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
In most cases two days for a Hilton, Doubletree's sometime you have to chase them down. Hold on to your receipt until you get the points.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 9:55 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Posting points

I'm new to Hilton, and recently stayed at three different Hilton properties. How long will it take for my points to post?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Depends on property. Some are fast - posting within a week. Some, especially Hilton international (essentially Hilton brand in the rest of the world outside U.S.A.) can take weeks.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Stayed at the Hilton Minneapolis - 2 days (through the weekend!)

Stayed at the Marquette in Minneapolis - still waiting...
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:12 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Side note, my Marquette stay last week (checked out on Friday), the points were posted on Monday morning.

In 24 stays this year, I had only one that did not post within two weeks (domestic and/or international). The one that did not post, forced me to fax in the folio to HHonors. They posted it to my account within four hours of my dialing!
Old Oct 22, 2003, 12:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Craig6z:
Side note, my Marquette stay last week (checked out on Friday), the points were posted on Monday morning.</font>
That is encouraging. Of course, that will be thye stay to make me Diamond, so I figured that they are just toying with me.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYXU:
That is encouraging. Of course, that will be thye stay to make me Diamond, so I figured that they are just toying with me. </font>
That qualifying stay is usually the one that takes the longest to post. Welcome to the club, if you weren't already a Diamond.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
I do find this very strange, how stays go missing and points take weeks to post, you would think as its all electronic the data would be transferred from the hotels system to the HHonors system after your account has been settled.

However, I find the speed the points appear is commensurate to the quality of the hotel,
so if you stay at the (UK)Hiltons in Nottingham, Bristol, Southampton, Leeds.......you will always be chasing your points.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 6:44 am

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alinlondon:
However, I find the speed the points appear is commensurate to the quality of the hotel</font>
I agree, if the service was crappy and the desk people had a "I don't care attitude" I can pretty much figure I'll be calling customer service to get my points posted. If there is a can do attitude the points seem to post within days. It is more than obvious to me that it is a management issue. Stayed in the Embassey Suites near the Plaza in Kansas City. I've never seen front desk people that cared less. Had an awful time getting them to take care of the simplest things. When the points didn't post called customer care, shared about how bad the place was. They said they would have the manager contact me. After several days and no call called back they assured me the manager would call. Another week passed called back again, they offered to refund one nights lodging. At that point I was so disgusted I took it. They finally posted the points as well. When I returned to K. C. I stayed at the Doubletree downtown (no way I was going to repeat that ES experience) and was treated like royalty. They couldn't do enough for me. No surprise the points posted within a couple of days after check out.

------------------
"A day without Points/Miles is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Oct 23, 2003, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alinlondon:
I find the speed the points appear is commensurate to the quality of the hotel</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Superd1:
I agree, if the service was crappy and the desk people had a "I don't care attitude" I can pretty much figure I'll be calling customer service to get my points posted. If there is a can do attitude the points seem to post within days. It is more than obvious to me that it is a management issue. </font>
There's two "on-the-mark" observations! Matches my experience exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.