Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Malaysia {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2003, 8:58 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Asian_Traveller:

Batang Ai Hilton is a three hour drive from Kuching and is a hideaway type of resort. If you seek peace and solitude, this is the place. The reservatio is controlled by Kuching hilton, so you can make both reservations at one time.
</font>
I am planning a visit to Batang Ai.

As a Gold member, can I expect a room upgrade and complimentary breakfast at Batang Ai ?

Thanks

Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Why do Malaysia Hiltons show no availability for 2010?

I've been doing a little research for 2010 holidays. (The 2009 holidays are planned, so I need something to do.) We want to go to Malaysia. I haven't done a complete search, but I have noticed that when I'm checking prices and availability on the Hilton website (e.g. for Kuala Lumpur), I get "no availability" for practically all of the first half of 2010. No problem with, e.g. Dec 31-Jan 1, but Jan 2-4 yields nothing. Similar searches for random dates through June produced (almost every time, I think) no availability. Does anyone know why this is the case?
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I just tried via Hilton UK site and they are showing availability. My sample dates were 02/18/2010 - 02/23/2010.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: hilton-Diamond, ba, Cunard-Platinum
Originally Posted by Kate_Canuck
I've been doing a little research for 2010 holidays. (The 2009 holidays are planned, so I need something to do.) We want to go to Malaysia. I haven't done a complete search, but I have noticed that when I'm checking prices and availability on the Hilton website (e.g. for Kuala Lumpur), I get "no availability" for practically all of the first half of 2010. No problem with, e.g. Dec 31-Jan 1, but Jan 2-4 yields nothing. Similar searches for random dates through June produced (almost every time, I think) no availability. Does anyone know why this is the case?
They probably have not loaded their reservation system in the computer that far in advance, therefore they cannot accept your reservation and from your point you see no availability. You could try to contact them and ask them when it will be possible to book on the date you wish.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:10 am

kuala lumpur - hilton and doubletree

staying at one of those hotels - would i be able to have breakfast downstairs even when i'll be staying on the executive floor?

in 2009 i was a diamond member and this was possible at the hilton kl. but since i'm now "only" a gold member, it would be great if someone would have an answer for me.

thank you!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
I dont have any status with Hilton, last week I stayed at their Exec Floor and have choices to breakfast either at Club or Sudu Restaurant.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:13 am

did you specifically book the executive floor or did you get an upgrade?

two years ago the breakfast at sudu was spectacular, the best hotel breakfast i ever had in any hotel anywhere - very crowded restaurant though.

thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by nyc1234
did you specifically book the executive floor or did you get an upgrade?

two years ago the breakfast at sudu was spectacular, the best hotel breakfast i ever had in any hotel anywhere - very crowded restaurant though.

thanks!
Its free upgrade. Indeed, until now Sudu still the best breakfast I've ever try in my own country.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
staying at one of those hotels - would i be able to have breakfast downstairs even when i'll be staying on the executive floor?

in 2009 i was a diamond member and this was possible at the hilton kl. but since i'm now "only" a gold member, it would be great if someone would have an answer for me.

thank you!
I eat in the club and order what I want the night before. They have really taken care of me, when I am there.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thank you!
As a gold member on a recent stay at the Hilton KL- I was upgraded to the executive floor, and was advised I could have breakfast in either the restaurant or on the executive floor- chose the executive level as it was much quieter- however the choice was clearly given also in a letter that outlined executive floor benefits. If you don't get the upgrade I am not sure what happens.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:00 am

Which Hilton in KL? Sentral or Petaling Jaya

First time to KL - 3 night stay planned. I have business in Subang each day, however, I'd like to hopefully spend an evening (or two if convenient) exploring the city -- hotel room service gets old. Trying to decide between the Hilton KL and the Hilton Petaling Jaya. Any advice? Is it easy to get into the city from PJ? Or how annoying will it be to get to Subang and back from Sentral each? Is one a lot nicer than the other? HH Gold member. Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:47 am

Couldn't be easier from Sentral, a short walk through the new shopping mall, to the monorail, and ride straight into town.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Petaling Jaya is an older hotel in a suburb of KL. If it's convenient for where you need to be, then fine, but if you're hoping to see KL. I would choose Sentral.

NB The Doubletree is little bit more central, it gets rave reviews on here. It's nice, but not sure why it gets the praise it does.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
My order of preference:

1. Sentral
2. DT
3. PJ
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Either the Hilton Sentral or the DT would be my first choice. You can read some of the recent discussion of the properties here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ur-mys-26.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ur-mys-34.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.