Wiki Posts
Search

Quarterly bonus question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 1999, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Quarterly bonus question

Let me check my understanding of the quarterly Honors Points bonus. For four stays in a calendar quarter as either Blue or Silver there is a 2000 point bonus. The wording for the benefits seems to say that the counter for stays per quarter starts over each time a new level is reached.

Let me give my case. My fourth stay of the year with Hilton was in July so after that point I am Silver. That is my only stay so far in the July-September quarter. So, do I need three more stays for a bonus this quarter or four? My understanding is that it is four.

Thanks all
Old Aug 3, 1999, 8:52 pm
Original Member

That would be correct. The new bonus is effective 7/1/99, and you get a bonus for every 4th stay within a calendar quarter.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 9:35 am

QuantumLeap -- The threshold bonuses are based on both your tier status and the number of stays you have in a calendar quarter. Since the threshold bonus is the same for Blue and Silver members (2,000 points after 4 paid stays), you'd only need 3 more stays this quarter in the scenario you described.

When the "counter" would reset, however, is if a given stay qualified you for Gold status, since the Gold and Diamond tiers have a higher threshold bonus (4,000 points after 4 paid stays in a quarter). In that instance, you would then have to have 4 additional stays in the quarter to earn the higher threshold bonus of 4,000 points.

Best regards,

Adam
Old Aug 11, 1999, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I always have to call Hilton to get this credit. It is never automatic for me.
Old Aug 11, 1999, 11:21 am
pgupta011

I once qualified for this bonus many years ago, and had to contact the service center to get it. The only time when it was automatic for me was when it was given to me in error (later on they subtracted it). Hopefully things are better now for crediting this bonus.

Also I've noticed that I sometimes miss getting the 250 point car bonus (even though there is an entry for car on the web site entry). Recently I went through all of my entries on the web site and sent an email to HHonors, who were quite good at giving me credit for the missing bonuses.

Old Aug 11, 1999, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Adam, thank you for the clarification. As it turns out, I just did some more bookings, so now I'm covered either way for this quarter Thanks to everyone else for the comments, as well.
Old Aug 12, 1999, 3:08 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
Always learn something new!
I have never got this bonus. Last year, I stayed 14 time at various Hiltons (BOS, PHX, HNL, MPLS mostly), and got no bonus!
Add one to the "gripes" column.
Any suggesttion on the best way to get this bonus? is it retroactive?
Old Aug 12, 1999, 3:49 pm
pgupta011

MileJunkie - Hilton does a good job in making their rules available on their web site - you may want to read the rules on their web site. For last year - if you were elite with Hilton and had 7 stays in a calendar quarter (Jan-March, etc.) you were eligible for a 5K point bonus for those seven stays. If you were entitled to the bonus and did not get it, you can send them an email through the web site and claim your points.

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 08-12-1999).]

Old Aug 12, 1999, 6:30 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

But do not wait! They can not go back ad infinitum. Write/fax and then follow up earnestly if you want the credit!
Old Aug 13, 1999, 6:14 pm

To all -- One very important point of clarification that I just realized coming from this thread. The threshold bonuses I described above went into effect July 1. Prior to that, it was 5,000 points after seven paid stays as a VIP in a calendar quarter as pgupta011 pointed out.

For those of you who were entitled to the threshold bonuses and didn't receive them, please e-mail me your name and account number and we'll investigate this immediately.

Thanks and regards,

Adam
Old Jul 10, 2000, 4:32 pm
In Memoriam

I know this is an old topic, but it appears things may not have changed. My Hilton stays have posted very quickly and accurately, I am happy to say. However, I was looking forward to my first threshold bonus and it has yet to appear. Is there a delay in posting this or are people still having to aggressively pursue this as this thread seems to indicate?
Old Jul 10, 2000, 5:10 pm

TravelWeary -- I've had 8 stays as a HHonors Gold in the second quarter, and threshold bonuses (4,000 points, twice) posted immediately. Actually, those bonuses were included in the points awarded for my fourth and eighth stay.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I wish that the 4000 point bonuses would be posted seperately on the website account balance. I normally have to hunt down each stay to figure out if I did qualify or not.

Gathering from my 29 stays since Jan this year, I would think so, but honestly - I don't know!
Old Jul 11, 2000, 5:39 am
Original Member

Do stays on airline vouchers count as regular stays?

I had an overnight courtesy of United at the O'Hare Hilton and have not seen the stay show up towards elite status (it was a 0 point stay).

But then, after I received the big lump of UA nights+miles points, nothing has shown up in the account. Maybe my account is set to "manual", rather than automatic.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam

OK. I went back to the Hilton site to see if my bonus had been lumped into my stay points and I had just missed it--but no such luck. Now, my last two stays have posted, but they indicate that they are not yet "statemented." Could that have something to do with it or should I just email HHonors?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.