Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quarterly bonus question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2000, 2:48 pm

It shouldn't have anything to do with your stays not being statemented yet. In fact, when I pulled up my account on the Web a couple of minutes ago, those threshold bonuses didn't show, although the total number of points was correct (includding those threshold bonus points). A call to HHonors confirmed that bonus(es) still show in their internal system, but somehow disappeared from itemized part of their web site. A very helpful CSR was as puzzled as I was, and promised to have their techs look into this. Anyway, the threshold bonus points were posted automatically immediately after each fourth stay.
Old Jul 11, 2000, 11:11 pm

I am a silver and with two more stays, I'll be Gold (next week). I am now staying in Palmer House and will come back to Chicago next week. So is that mean I need another four stays after being Gold in order to get the 4,000 threshold bonus ? That translated into 6 stays for the threshold bonus and doesn't seem right to me .

Also, I will be staying at the Palmer House for 2 nights and then Drake Hotel for another 2 nights at the beginning of August. Since it is back to back on two different properties, does it count as one or two stays?

Old Jul 15, 2000, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
A frustrated HHonors representative advised me that the website does NOT show 4-stay bonuses, nor the $2000 combined spending bonus. Then what good is it then?
Old Jul 15, 2000, 5:45 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
It's one of my biggest complaints about the website.

It's not that the threshold bonuses do not show in the "total" points, it's just that they're not itimized. You have to track it very closely, and account for each change in balance, if you want to see of they have been credited.

Mr. Burke had privately informed me in the past that this is a feature that they know tha they need to add.

While it has STILL not been done, My 2nd quarter threshold bonuses WERE credited automatically and correctly.
Old Aug 19, 2000, 10:19 pm
In Memoriam

OK. I complained about this, so it's only fair to say I was wrong. I received my June statement today (6 weeks-not bad), and my threshold bonus had posted after the appropriate stay. I just couldn't tell from the website, so as someone says I'll just have to pay attention to my mileage (uh, I mean, point) balance before and after the stay next time. Maybe someday Hilton will change this on the website.

[This message has been edited by TravelWeary (edited 08-22-2000).]
Old Aug 22, 2000, 8:04 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

The whole issue of HHonors' administration (ie. correct stay & bonus credit) really depends if you are a US HHonors or an international HHonors. Im an Asia/Pacific HHonors member, that went Gold last year but had SO MANY HEADACHES doing Hiltons Homework over and over again that I went to Starwood. In 2000, my travel exploded and I became a Platinum in 5 months... I cant believe I waited so long to change.... SPG is heaven. Worst of all, I wrote a 4 page fax detailing all the facts of my case to Hilton & received the most incredible (& unnaceptable) response.... all that after I have over 340,000 points in my account....

------------------
----------
Gaucho100K
Old Aug 22, 2000, 2:18 pm

Tino-In my experience with UA comped stays at Hilton,I have never received stay credit or points for my incidentals.Stay credit/points(for incidentals) can be earned,interestingly enough, when you redeem HHonors points.
Old Aug 22, 2000, 2:38 pm

Originally posted by ChiMiler:
Stay credit/points(for incidentals) can be earned,interestingly enough, when you redeem HHonors points.
That was not my experience.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:16 am

Quarterly Bonus Gone?

I was just on the HHonors website refreshing my memory as to a few point-gathering tips when something struck me quite strange. There is no longer any reference to 4,000 point bonus for 4 paid stays during a calendar quarter. This is in reference to Gold members, Diamond might be different.

Anybody know what's going on with this? Perhaps has the bonus been suspended during the double stay credit promotion during the first quarter?

Has anybody already hit their four stays this quarter and found their bonus arrived as it should?

Adam can you give any insight to us?
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:19 am
Suspended

I got 2 of the them already this Q, Im a Diamond
Old Mar 18, 2002, 10:31 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I earned one and was credited one as a Gold.
Rich
Old Mar 18, 2002, 11:44 am

I've got two of those 4,000 threshold points bonuses this quarter.

Also, HHonors Terms and Conditions still show it online (under Hilton HHonors Membership Tiers, for both Gold and Diamond members):

"A 4,000-point threshold bonus per calendar quarter when four paid stays have been recorded within the quarter."
Old Mar 18, 2002, 11:58 am

Thanks Eugene!

For some reason, the section of the website I was looking at did not include this information. That's what made me curious.
Old Mar 18, 2002, 12:07 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cgachuck:
Thanks Eugene!

For some reason, the section of the website I was looking at did not include this information. That's what made me curious.
</font>
That's true, Membership Levels (under Member Benefits) part does not include that information anymore. It could be a simple omission when they were redoing the layout, or it could be a sign of changes to come. Time will tell, but so far threshold bonuses are alive and well!
Old Mar 18, 2002, 9:47 pm

Nine stay so far this quarter with 2 Threshold Bonuses credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.