Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach Oceanfront {US-FL}

Went to check in today... they are on a "boil water alert" until wednesday this week (the 27th) due to "planned water system work".

i wish they would have told me that before I went to check in this afternoon....

happily rebooked.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:28 am
Y..

Doubletree Hilton, Cocoa Beach

Staying here for the first time in June this year on a Wednesday and Thursday. What are my chances of getting a late check out? I am a silver HH member.

Any other thoughts about this hotel appreciated. It looks nice from what I can find about it.

Thanks,
Y..
Old May 2, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Do a search on "Doubletree Cocoa Beach" and you will see some other threads on the topic. One was entitled a warning, so you may want to check that one out for sure.
Old May 2, 2011, 5:50 pm
Y..

Thanks Dave. I did that before. There didn't seem to be anything really up to date. A lot can happen in 6+ months (especially nowadays). I just thought maybe someone had something more recent they could share.

The 'warning' thread was regarding water that I believed was having to be boiled? (I did read that thread but it was only pertaining to that particular stay at that time).

Thanks..
Old May 2, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Stayed at the Cocoa Beach DT last week. Was there for work at Port Canaveral, and also visited friends in the area, so I did not spend a lot of free time in the hotel. As I have seen mentioned elsewhere on FT, the rooms are a bit dated, but still fine, and the property is in reasonably good shape for a beach hotel. The pool area looked pretty good, although rather small. But then again, there is the HUGE pool just over the dunes - the condition of the beach was great. Did not eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment there. Did go to the Executive floor twice for complementary drinks and hors d'œuvres - pretty good, but a small room - and I think Gold or Diamond is needed for that. It's still a little busy this time of year - there seemed to be plenty of folks staying there - so not sure about the late checkout, but June might be better.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:16 pm
Y..

Thanks for your response. We are only there for 2 nights and it's just for pleasure, no business. I'm very much looking forward to it. I believe I booked the executive floor (last December) already.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Any recent reviews/stays sooner than 2011?

Any input of any sort would be appreciated. I have upcoming Diamond stay. IIRC, lounge now charges for cocktails but I read recent TripAdvisor mention that hotel is giving out drink coupons. Have there been any renovations in past five years?
Old May 5, 2013, 1:31 pm

Bump - any recent stays out there?

Bump - any recent stays out there?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:40 am

Mini trip report May 2013

As a Diamond, I stayed here in May 2013 and will share the info on lounge status. The hotel was packed and at capacity so your YMMV, but in May when sold out the hotel had the following setup. Exec. Lounge was used Mon - Fri for continental breakfast including scrambled eggs. On Mon thru Fri, during evening hours the executive lounge offered free beer, wine, cocktails. There was also one hot appetizer, one veggie tray and one dessert cheesecake (usually). Then on Sat. and Sun. the hotel gave us coupons to have breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. In the restaurant a small continental breakfast was set up in the corner. Or for a $6 upcharge you can upgrade to the full hot and cold breakfast buffet. On Sat. and Sun. each room occupant gets (2) drink coupons to use downstairs in the lounge during the hours from 5 to 7 pm only. No room upgrades were given but the FD staff was helpful in assigning room location preferences.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
current update

was there for three nights last week. mixed reviews.

supremely ugly building with a sea of asphalt around it (at least on the land side).

they have done a fairly decent job of updating the furnishings, but the sliding glass doors are old and single pane and ill fitting, and the AC is noisy and either freezes you or is too hot.

the 6th floor is the "executive" or HHonors floor and has a small lounge. The good news - free mixed drinks on weekday evenings! breakfast in the lounge is basic but OK. fruit cereal and scrambled eggs all three mornings I ate there. I started wishing for a little more variety. but, hey, free gin and tonics every night!

reasonable for the price ($113), and a nice beach close by
Old May 21, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Currently undergoing renovation. I think it’s due to reopen for summer 2021. But I walked past it this week and didn’t see much signs of progress. It is a nice location. Until it reopens there’s a Hampton Inn a half mile up the road that is just fine.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump for recent stay info.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Further bump...recent stays?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:38 am

It is no longer a doubletree in cocoa. It is now re-branded as a hilton Garden Inn and online photos look great. Years ago, we loved the balcony rooms that were direct-facing oceanfront
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Just finished an award stay as a Gold. No major issues. Great property if you like the beach, there is a boardwalk from the pool area that takes you to the beach/ocean.
They rent umbrellas and chairs/lounge chairs, they have a spot you can do this on the way to the beach.
The pool is small, but it is surrounded by a nice seating area with lounge chairs. The restaurant was decent and they even have specific menu items for elites to use their $10 breakfast credit.
They do charge $12 per day for parking FYI.
There is also a Publix across the road for shopping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.