Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This wikipost can be edited by signed-in members; you can minimize or maximize wikiposts by using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Sarigerme Tourism Center, PO11, Mugla 46810 Turkey
TEL: 90-252-2868686 FAX: 90-252-2868606
General area - Google Maps (From Istanbul, south 572 mi / ~10 hrs by land; airport nearby)

Rewards Category: All Inclusive
Check-in: 2:00 pm / Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (Free of charge) / Valet: (Free of charge.)
Pets: Service animals allowed: No / Pets allowed: No

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa will be closed beginning 10 November 2013 until 1 April 2014
Print Wikipost

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Firstly, at this point there is neither golf nor facilities like a driving range or short game area. That probably explains why this is currently probably the best value Hilton resort on the planet.

I booked direct with the hotel having seen similarly priced deals through agents; I am an Hhonors kind of guy so I would rather Hilton made the money. One of my children was being left alone at university for the first time so it was just Turntheatdown, Mrs T and the three younger Ts (15, 12 and 9). We flew Jet2.com paying for upgraded seats which were great. As we approached Dalaman airport before banking round the bay I could clearly see the Hilton which looked outstanding; the view was better than anything that Hilton has put up on the net.

At the airport we went for a taxi. There were lots although some confusion because we were five. The scheduler said okay but 10 Lira more for the extra passenger (my youngest) who could sit on my wife’s knee. Fair enough. At the hotel there was an almighty stramash because Varol one of the concierges saw they had charged us 10 Lira more than the standard fare. Even the General Manager came to speak to me to say it wasn’t acceptable for me to be ripped off this way. Wow! Customer care or what?

Room

I had booked 2 mountain view rooms on all inclusive. I had also let reservations know that I was Hhonors Diamond and was e-mailed in advance to be told that I would be in a spa suite. I asked to be moved to nearer the Dalaman River end which is what you want to do. Much, much quieter and the views are stunning. Quite wonderful but not much bigger than two rooms. The spa bath is, however, great and the whole suite with the fold down bed and two extra beds still really spacious. What is superb is that we have a balcony AND a terrace. The terrace has 2 chairs and a table and a double futon with mattress to see the stars at night.

The suite comes with 2 mini bars that are complimentary. 5 cans of local beer (Efes; delicious) and lots of soft drinks. They are replaced every day and even the 5 of us can’t manage them all.

Ayse our maid laid out our towels one day as three swans for the kids and a loveheart for Mrs T and I. You don’t seem to get that kind of service anywhere these days…………..

Restaurants

The main buffet restaurant is wonderful. The food is so fresh and innovative whether you go at breakfast, lunch, dinner or the midnight feast. All of the a la carte restaurants are as good as you would have anywhere in the world. I would note the fresh fish in Vela and the service in Tao as stand out. The Italian place is as good as anywhere outside Italy and the A La Turca does the freshest starters and the most moist and tasty kebabs. I honestly can’t fault a thing. The problem mentioned elsewhere about booking is a nonsense. Guest Relations (special credit to Nathaniel for being so nice) are superb at sorting anything. The staff in all restaurants are friendly and constantly refill the perfectly acceptable sparkling, rose, white and red wine. Soft drinks also flow.

Resort

There are many nice touches throughout the resort which are all inclusive. Both Citrus and the tea bar are great for beverages and the nicest cakes. The juice bar and soft drinks tub at the beach are a nice touch. The best Mai Tais are in Breeze but Vento does the best pizzas. All inclusive. There is so much for the kids to do and the adults can either just jump off the pier during the day or wait for the hammy but entertaining shows at night. Goodness, Turntheheatdown must be getting old when he is happy not getting to some proper Opera for entertainment!

The Entertainment team for the teenagers (respect to Umit!) are very good. Maybe more for the under twelves could be done……….

Could it be improved?

Cards on the table this is by far the best Hilton I have stayed in the world. It also beats every Sheraton or St. Regis Resort where I have had similar status. Don’t hesitate. I have personally complimented the management at every turn. Could it be improved? Of course. Here are a few things to make the current best Hilton better:

1. Don’t grudge benefits to Gold & Diamond VIPs. We love Hilton so don’t make us ask for what our status specifies or insist on our internet access which even when given was, at times, less than the best available therefore breaching the Hhonors Diamond benefits. And, to have to ask every day for someone who has paid for 2 rooms for seven nights is a bit insulting; but, I will be insulted to get my netbook working.
2. Tell people how far away they are from the main drag when they check in. I love my suite but it is between 5 and 10 minutes from reception and there are no apparent house ‘phones. So, if what happened to me twice, and your keys stop working, that is a long way back and back again.
3. Why not use one of your many vacant lounges for a Hhonors VIP reception each night? It is all inclusive so show off your premium brands (which apart from the Scotch and the Napoleon Brandy are not terribly apparent in all bars) and great wines and let people who love Hilton get together with each other for an hour. You will be amazed how word will spread.

All in all this place is unique and gives back more than you pay. I will post elsewhere pictures but suffice it to say I will be back. Going in to get one of those all inclusive beers now………
johnny_cl likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Out of interest, what sort of rates does the Dalaman charge?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Nice report, questions though...

What kind of entertainment was there and activities? Pool, tennis, beach etc. How close to town and what did you do off site?

Much appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:01 pm

Can you use points to pay for your stay?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Answers to questions

Rate: I paid about $200 per room per night which covers all inclusive for 2 adults and 1 child. Looking at the same period next year they are asking for more than double that but this will change depending on demand.

All motorised watersports are chargeable. There are canoes and pedalos that you can use free of charge on the beach. There is a great water park that is free as is the tennis, badminton, volleyball, soccer pitch etc.

Not sure about miles given it is only all inclusive in the resort.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Viz points.

Just spoke to the Diamond Desk. Looking at June/July 2011 for 2 adults & 2 children and all they had was twin rooms. 50K per night and 10K per supplimental child per night.

As Diamond may be upgraded to suite, but it is not guaranteed! YMMV.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Rebooked for October 2011

I have just booked to go back with my family in October this year. Great rate of $120 per night for advance purchase all inclusive up to 2 adults and 1 child per room.

Glad to see that the hotel won Best Resort in Turkey in 2010 World Travel Awards. I think it merits recognition on a larger stage than just Turkey.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 am

OK just tried to book this for award travel July for 2 Adults and 2 children and now saying no rooms are available because we exceed the capacity and the system will not let them book it. Web site clearly shows either 3 adults to 2 adults, 2 children.

Any thoughts or forcing the issue, is it legal to advertise something that is not available?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:04 am

So I called the Dalaman directly. They said you could add the 2nd child at checkin with $ or points. No explanation as to why you could not just book it in the first place.

Anyway problem solved, holiday booked!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:51 pm

Considering a trip to Hilton Dalaman in late October. I know the resort closes for the winter season on Oct. 31, and because we would be visiting just before that closing date, we are concerned wondering whether:

1. The resort will be empty? Not that we want to be surrounded by thousands of people, but we don't want a ghost town, either.

2. Any of the attractions, entertainment, shops, restaurants, etc., will be closed at this time.

We've done our fair share of research on the resort, but can anyone offer some insight into the above? Is there anything else we should know about the resort during this time frame?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 16, 2011, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Winter Closing

When I was there last year the Customer Services manager told me that from this year they will no longer be closing over the winter. I am not sure if that has changed.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm staying at the resort right now. There was no recognition of Diamond status at all, only 2 bottles of water with the compliments of GM in the room (this in an AI-resort ) No room upgrade given, had to ask for internet code etc...
The grounds are big and pool area is well maintained. The dinner in the main restaurant is like cattle feeding and the coctails in the bars are very tasteless - this place is definately not my cup of tea. Clientele seems to be mostly UK, Russian etc. package holiday makers. I guess this place is ok for people who like all inclusive consept, but as a Diamond don't expect any extras.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Update from OP

I am back less than a week from my second visit. Overall it was, again, quite exceptional in terms of quality and value. There were a few problems which other posters have picked up on but they are mainly, I think, due to communication and a lack of familiarity with HHonors.

The food was wonderful again. A charge of Euro 10 now applies in the a la carte restaurants but this is well worth it for the variety and quality provided. We had a minor problem because this time there were not just the (6-1) Ts but another 4 couples and their children making a total of 21. Only twice did we want to all eat together and the booking system has changed so that you have no idea how to achieve a large block booking. The answer is to book what you want when you arrive but no-one told us that! The only problem was on the last night and the hotel went out of its way to make sure Mr T and the other 20 were extremely well looked after.

In summary. Still one of the best resort hotels in the world. The golf course is not there yet. Don't hesitate but watch out for even more Ts and their friends there next October! HHonors Diamonds and Golds are still not properly looked after. The hotel has introduced a degustation of wines for all guests every day for 2 hours. It is wonderful. They should (as I suggested last year) have an hour in one of the lounges for diamonds and golds a few days a week with premium cocktails and some of their wonderful food. The senior management would learn loads and the VIP guests would feel................special.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
I am back less than a week from my second visit. Overall it was, again, quite exceptional in terms of quality and value. There were a few problems which other posters have picked up on but they are mainly, I think, due to communication and a lack of familiarity with HHonors.

The food was wonderful again. A charge of Euro 10 now applies in the a la carte restaurants but this is well worth it for the variety and quality provided. We had a minor problem because this time there were not just the (6-1) Ts but another 4 couples and their children making a total of 21. Only twice did we want to all eat together and the booking system has changed so that you have no idea how to achieve a large block booking. The answer is to book what you want when you arrive but no-one told us that! The only problem was on the last night and the hotel went out of its way to make sure Mr T and the other 20 were extremely well looked after.

In summary. Still one of the best resort hotels in the world. The golf course is not there yet. Don't hesitate but watch out for even more Ts and their friends there next October! HHonors Diamonds and Golds are still not properly looked after. The hotel has introduced a degustation of wines for all guests every day for 2 hours. It is wonderful. They should (as I suggested last year) have an hour in one of the lounges for diamonds and golds a few days a week with premium cocktails and some of their wonderful food. The senior management would learn loads and the VIP guests would feel................special.

It's indeed a great hotel, I have been there in July for the second time, but I noticed the rates have gone way up .. I do not know if there is any way to get a better price? Did you book again with the hotel directly?

And did they upgrade this time?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:27 am
Original Poster

And did they upgrade this time?[/QUOTE]

Yes they did but it was after a struggle this time. I booked two rooms and they tried to give me a "deluxe family room" which really wasn't that great for the 5 of us. I dug in and explained 1) this wasn't really an upgrade 2) they gave me far better the year before and 3) this time I had arranged for my group to take another 7 rooms. After 30 minutes we were allocated the same type of suite as last year which was wonderful. No HHonors amenity or anything (again) but since I had signed up for bonus miles I was very pleased when I saw how many I got for the trip. My only regret is that 4 of the other rooms were for non HH members and I should not have been so shy and should have put them on my booking!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.