FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}
Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:15 am
MrHilton

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
I am back less than a week from my second visit. Overall it was, again, quite exceptional in terms of quality and value. There were a few problems which other posters have picked up on but they are mainly, I think, due to communication and a lack of familiarity with HHonors.

The food was wonderful again. A charge of Euro 10 now applies in the a la carte restaurants but this is well worth it for the variety and quality provided. We had a minor problem because this time there were not just the (6-1) Ts but another 4 couples and their children making a total of 21. Only twice did we want to all eat together and the booking system has changed so that you have no idea how to achieve a large block booking. The answer is to book what you want when you arrive but no-one told us that! The only problem was on the last night and the hotel went out of its way to make sure Mr T and the other 20 were extremely well looked after.

In summary. Still one of the best resort hotels in the world. The golf course is not there yet. Don't hesitate but watch out for even more Ts and their friends there next October! HHonors Diamonds and Golds are still not properly looked after. The hotel has introduced a degustation of wines for all guests every day for 2 hours. It is wonderful. They should (as I suggested last year) have an hour in one of the lounges for diamonds and golds a few days a week with premium cocktails and some of their wonderful food. The senior management would learn loads and the VIP guests would feel................special.

It's indeed a great hotel, I have been there in July for the second time, but I noticed the rates have gone way up .. I do not know if there is any way to get a better price? Did you book again with the hotel directly?

And did they upgrade this time?