Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This wikipost can be edited by signed-in members; you can minimize or maximize wikiposts by using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa
Sarigerme Tourism Center, PO11, Mugla 46810 Turkey
TEL: 90-252-2868686 FAX: 90-252-2868606
General area - Google Maps (From Istanbul, south 572 mi / ~10 hrs by land; airport nearby)

Rewards Category: All Inclusive
Check-in: 2:00 pm / Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (Free of charge) / Valet: (Free of charge.)
Pets: Service animals allowed: No / Pets allowed: No

Hilton Dalaman Sarıgerme Resort & Spa will be closed beginning 10 November 2013 until 1 April 2014
Print Wikipost

Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme Resort & Spa {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 6:29 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fivebobbill
Hi all, interesting thread with some good advice. Am staying at the Hilton Dalaman Sarigerme in a few weeks time, would anyone have any contact details for the GM please?
Cancel that - sorted!
Old Apr 3, 2021, 5:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'll preface this post by saying that I know that things can change drastically between now and my travel time, both where I'm coming from (the USA) and Turkey. So the rest of this post assumes that it will be safe to travel. Anything that I book will be fully cancelable/refundable (I think 24 hours is the policy right now).

Has anyone stayed here by themselves, or is it mostly families?

I'm scheduled to do a swim-specific vacation (SwimTrek) in September down near Kas. The BA flight LGW-DLM arrives a bit late (9pm ish) and I was thinking of staying here for at least that first night, maybe 2 nights, then head down to Kas after (I have instructions on how to arrange transportation from the DLM airport). I'll need to be there for a 7pm dinner before that adventure begins, so I'm a bit flexible.

Right now this hotel is pricing at about E250/night or 70k Honors points (standard reward). Seems a bit high to me, but maybe that's about what this property usually goes for?

It looks convenient to the DLM airport, so after a long day of traveling (AUS-LHR, probably a bus, then LGW-DLM), it would be nice to go somewhere close, at least for one night, probably 2 (it would help for adjusting to the time).

There seems to be tons of pools at this place too. Are they just for splashing around, or do people actually swim in them (like lap swimming)?

It looks like the beach is close by...does the hotel have a shuttle at all? Has anyone been to that beach, is it swimmable?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is an all inclusive resort, so generally there will be a lot of families there.
The price you are being quoted is in the regular range.
It is very close to the airport, there is no shuttle, but you can see above how much a taxi would cost you.
It's a resort so there is a lot of splashing and playing in the pools, I suppose one could do laps.
Sometimes there are waves, but it is very swimmable at the beach, the beach is a bit pebbly but fine.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 4:47 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by aztimm
I'll preface this post by saying that I know that things can change drastically between now and my travel time, both where I'm coming from (the USA) and Turkey. So the rest of this post assumes that it will be safe to travel. Anything that I book will be fully cancelable/refundable (I think 24 hours is the policy right now).

I'm scheduled to do a swim-specific vacation (SwimTrek) in September down near Kas. The BA flight LGW-DLM arrives a bit late (9pm ish) and I was thinking of staying here for at least that first night, maybe 2 nights, then head down to Kas after (I have instructions on how to arrange transportation from the DLM airport). I'll need to be there for a 7pm dinner before that adventure begins, so I'm a bit flexible.

Right now this hotel is pricing at about E250/night or 70k Honors points (standard reward). Seems a bit high to me, but maybe that's about what this property usually goes for?

It looks convenient to the DLM airport, so after a long day of traveling (AUS-LHR, probably a bus, then LGW-DLM), it would be nice to go somewhere close, at least for one night, probably 2 (it would help for adjusting to the time).

There seems to be tons of pools at this place too. Are they just for splashing around, or do people actually swim in them (like lap swimming)?

It looks like the beach is close by...does the hotel have a shuttle at all? Has anyone been to that beach, is it swimmable?

Laps were possible in this pool, but they do get busy at times during the day. You can walk through the hotel grounds to the stony beach where you can also swim. You can also contact the hotel and give flight details and they will meet you in one of their cars. More expensive than a taxi but good service.
aztimm likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by cjd
Laps were possible in this pool, but they do get busy at times during the day. You can walk through the hotel grounds to the stony beach where you can also swim. You can also contact the hotel and give flight details and they will meet you in one of their cars. More expensive than a taxi but good service.
Thanks! That does seem like a decent pool. The timing would be mid-September, so most children should be in school (I hope), so hopefully the hotel won't be too busy.
I'm debating if I want to do a night (or 2) in London on the way over, provided that is allowed at that time, then I might just do 1 night here in Dalaman.

I don't mind a rocky/stony beach; so long as it won't cut my feet while I go in/out of the water. I've only swam in the Mediterranean from Barcelona, so I expect the sea to be a bit more salty on this side.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm

I stayed here last summer for almost a week. I booked last minute and rates were around 400 Euros per night. There are a ton of pools on the property and even more families with kids using them. The property is big. I had no problems doing laps around a few of the pools, but I preferred the swim in the ocean. There is a beach on the property with a pretty expansive bar area and a dock that sticks out to the water. You can jump into the water from the dock. The water can get very choppy on certain days, but it's a great swim if you're strong in the water. There are a ton of activities at the resort, most catered toward families, but if you were there by yourself for two nights, you shouldn't have a problem filling up a full day worth of activities. They have shows almost ever night centered around live bands and a mini water park that actually had a few decent sized slides. The resort has that all expansive feel based solely on its size, but rooms are a little old and could use a makeover.
aztimm likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Dear fellow Flyertalkers who have stayed at this property. I am considering staying here next weekend but am at a complete loss as to which room to book. I really like the description of the Lakehouse Swim-up room but fear that the room may be far away from the pools and restaurants. How big is the resort? And what will be a good room to book? One in what I assume is the 'main' building? Thank you.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Dear fellow Flyertalkers who have stayed at this property. I am considering staying here next weekend but am at a complete loss as to which room to book. I really like the description of the Lakehouse Swim-up room but fear that the room may be far away from the pools and restaurants. How big is the resort? And what will be a good room to book? One in what I assume is the 'main' building? Thank you.
The resort is very big and most rooms require a fair amount of walking to the restaurants/lobby. Some rooms are handier for the pool than others as they have steps straight down the outside of the main building. But there are quite a few pools, so even with those rooms it can still be quite a long walk to some of the pools. I stayed before the lakehouse rooms were built so can't comment on their location.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Recommend Lake House Rooms to you.

Bar with some snacks is around the pool and a shuttle to the main building and the beach is available every 15 minutes.
Andriyko likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:56 pm

Can someone who has 350 000 points check if the 5th night free works now?
I would buy some points and book the 5 night stay since it's a very good deal now that the prices are high.
But I can't check if the 5th night free deal work in this hotel now because I don't have enough points. Thanks!
It says that this hotel is an exception to the 5th night free deal, but several people here say that they managed to do it.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m seeing 5 nights costing 280k, instead of 350k
The _Banking_Scot and 0nFire like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:42 pm

Awesome. Thank you!
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
It’s very strange that they won’t honour a valid booking. The 5 for 4 thing in no way reflects the reimbursement the hotel would get, so why do they care?
Bizarre.
Is there a risk that they won't honour my booking if I book 5 nights for 280 000 points?
What you guys think?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:18 am

Once you receive a confirmation, the booking creates a contract between you and the hotel (under the terms of the booking). Of course, under the contract both sides receive cancellation rights - read them and make sure you are acquainted what both sides can/cannot do and under what circumstances.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 0nFire
Is there a risk that they won't honour my booking if I book 5 nights for 280 000 points?
What you guys think?
You're not doing anything wrong, it's a stated Hilton booking benefit. I'm not sure the hotel will notice let alone care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.