Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 3rd Quarter Promotion 2010: Double Your Honors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors 3rd Quarter Promotion 2010: Double Your Honors

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
From July 7 to September 30, 2010.
What is the problem with the beginning of the months? Why not give us the full quarter, rather than quarter minus a few days?

I had a couple of stays first week of April, and will have a couple of stays first week of July as well that will miss out on the promotions.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by RAPC
bmi Diamond Club has very generous mileage redemption rates, which is one of the main features about the program. You can also redeem cash and miles to halve the number of miles requires. A business class round trip ticket from North America to Europe for example is 37,500 miles + cash.

There are no blackouts to redemptions unlike on UA. You do however pay fuel surcharges which can make costs eye watering for some people who are used to redeeming via the US carriers who don't charge the YQ. Worth investigating, but it may not be for you.

At 2k per night over a 3 month period, a semi-regular traveller can get a pretty good redemption ticket earned via the bmi bonus miles though. Worth using with the free night certificates earned in Q1 and Q2 perhaps?
Is the YQ like BA where its about 300-400 for a transatlantic flight?

Considering 35-40 nights in the quarter at 100 a night, one can get 35k-40k bonus + points double dip of 17k-20k HHonors points for a total of 52k-60k points. Or get 70k-80k bmi miles which equal 1 roundtrip transatlantic Biz ticket + $400 or so in YQ. I guess the latter still holds more value?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CIT85
What is the problem with the beginning of the months? Why not give us the full quarter, rather than quarter minus a few days?

I had a couple of stays first week of April, and will have a couple of stays first week of July as well that will miss out on the promotions.
So holiday travellers can't benefit. The first sunday of April was easter. July 4 is on a sunday this year and most people have off the 5th and July 1st is a big holiday in Canada. In January the 1st is a holiday and for fourth quarter I believe the first monday in October is canadas thanksgiving and we have columbus day here.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thanks hamptoninnsider for posting. Looks like what I guessed was right, just a regular promo.
If double bmi miles come true, this is the best promo for several here. 2000 miles per night, quite nice. Certainly better than free nights I have no opportunity to make use of anyway.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
If double bmi miles come true, this is the best promo for several here. 2000 miles per night, quite nice. Certainly better than free nights I have no opportunity to make use of anyway.
I still miss my triple bmi miles last year (that really motivated me to use Hilton, got myself a very large number of airmiles, very nice). However, personally I was quite liking the free night certs;
With a choice between 8,000 airmiles OR 1 free night at any Hilton + 4,000 airmiles (4 stays = 1 free night) I'd rather have a free night than 4k extra airmiles.

However, any promo is better than a kick in the teeth, and Hilton promos are more generous than Marriott (my other chain) which are looking for 25 nights for their 40k bonus. I'll still do Marriott but its a shame to miss out on all those airmiles!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Is the YQ like BA where its about 300-400 for a transatlantic flight?
It depends on the airline in question, with some charging more than others. Typically US charge very little YQ, whereas LH and UA have higher levels of YQ to pay. bmi collect the YQ charges on award tickets, so you pay whatever the airline you are travelling charges.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
This sounds great, but not quite as good as Q2 with the free hotel stays (4:1 is hard to beat)! Double Southwest = 1 credit per stay. Do some hotel hopping and easily 1 - 2 free Southwest tickets. I wonder if the double points include everything (welcome points and bonus) If so, then a $150 room Hilton room would be 2000 points (welcome points) + 3000 points (room charge) + 1500 points (diamond bonus) = 6500 points per night without even addidng a dinner or bar bill on the hotel charge (even better if they were doubled too adding $50 for food & drinks would be another 1,000 (double points) + 500 (diamond bonus) = 8,000 points per stay... 20 nights would be 160k points. If so that could be lucrative. Be even better if you could switch halfway after getting a free ticket on SW, then go for double points (just a dream now)... Can't wait to see the details...
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Winecaptain
This sounds great, but not quite as good as Q2 with the free hotel stays (4:1 is hard to beat)! Double Southwest = 1 credit per stay. Do some hotel hopping and easily 1 - 2 free Southwest tickets. I wonder if the double points include everything (welcome points and bonus) If so, then a $150 room Hilton room would be 2000 points (welcome points) + 3000 points (room charge) + 1500 points (diamond bonus) = 6500 points per night without even addidng a dinner or bar bill on the hotel charge (even better if they were doubled too adding $50 for food & drinks would be another 1,000 (double points) + 500 (diamond bonus) = 8,000 points per stay... 20 nights would be 160k points. If so that could be lucrative.
And pay with the Surpass card and get 9 HH points per dollar on top of that. Or with the WN Visa and get 1 RR credit per $600 Hilton spend.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Winecaptain
This sounds great, but not quite as good as Q2 with the free hotel stays (4:1 is hard to beat)! Double Southwest = 1 credit per stay. Do some hotel hopping and easily 1 - 2 free Southwest tickets. I wonder if the double points include everything (welcome points and bonus) If so, then a $150 room Hilton room would be 2000 points (welcome points) + 3000 points (room charge) + 1500 points (diamond bonus) = 6500 points per night without even addidng a dinner or bar bill on the hotel charge (even better if they were doubled too adding $50 for food & drinks would be another 1,000 (double points) + 500 (diamond bonus) = 8,000 points per stay... 20 nights would be 160k points. If so that could be lucrative. Be even better if you could switch halfway after getting a free ticket on SW, then go for double points (just a dream now)... Can't wait to see the details...
Double points only means double base points (room charges). Nothing else is doubled.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:08 am

Maybe it's just me,but this bonus doesn't excite me in the least. Better than nothing,but considering it's their slow season not very enticing.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
Personally, I'm way unhappy it starts 7/7 since I have a six night stay ending 7/6 (NOT that I'm even a little bit surprised, since clearly this is devised to prevent HH from having to give points for the July 4th weekend - but are they really meaning to exempt the first few days of each 4th month from the promos? Seems sort of arbitrary.)

Whoops - ETA...overlooked this:

Come on, July 1!
Hoping that is not the case too - have two stays over July 4th weekend, but wouldn't surprise me. Would make me consider other options.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
And pay with the Surpass card and get 9 HH points per dollar on top of that. Or with the WN Visa and get 1 RR credit per $600 Hilton spend.
Has anyone done any comparing if you are better off paying with the WN visa or the Hilton Surpass card rewards wise for a hilton stay?

I made the surpass card my primary card on 1/1 until I accumulated $40K in purchases (except where Am Ex wasn't accepted and then used the WN card at those merchants) and after I accumulated the $40K, I have been using the WN Visa exclusively except at Costco and Hilton.

On a one night stay the Surpass seems like the best deal with the bonus points, but wasns't sure on a long stay.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by littlevoices
I still miss my triple bmi miles last year (that really motivated me to use Hilton, got myself a very large number of airmiles, very nice).
+1. I'd change all my Hyatt bookings to Hilton if they repeated triple bd miles.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: PC Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Gold
This promo might really pay off for Virgin Atlantic miles. You can earn triple VA miles for stays between 5/1 - 7/31 and a Q3 promo of double miles, this might add up to 6k miles per 7/7 - 7/31 stay.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:51 pm

Very nice promo. WN or BMI are my choices.

Last edited by alterman; Jun 10, 2010 at 12:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.