Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: As a Result of the Luckiest Loser Promotion, You Will or Intend To:
Become much more active in Priority Club and much less active in Hilton HHonors.
15.63%
Become more active in Priority Club and less active in Hilton HHonors.
46.88%
No change in activity.
33.59%
Become more active in Hilton HHonors and less active in Priority Club.
0.78%
Become much more active in Hilton HHonors and much less active in Priority Club.
0%
Other issues or circumstances, which I intend to state in this thread.
3.13%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
Gold Points Plus has dropped the cost for a free reward night in the top three categories of their six hotel reward tiers. Not many North American high end properties, but their points and now much closer in value to HH than they were just a couple of months ago.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...egory-rewards/
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Honestly who in their right mind would bank more than a million or so Hilton points? Unless you are earning at an astronomical rate, and are saving up for a three month vacation in Bora Bora, more than a million just seems foolish.

I usually tried to keep 200k in the account, as you could get a deal on a weeks stay at most top hotels.
I agree. Devaluation (both with points value and program benefits) is to be expected over the long term. I usually cash them in as soon as I can get a GLON6.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The really sad thing about HH is that this bad business behavior got more publicity then when they did something positive in a major way.
When they opened up all standard rooms for reward redemption
the program enhancement basically received a yawn many years after SPG raised the bar by being the first.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I think this is brilliant by PC. A little friendly antagonism is good!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I am not sure if I am a contender for biggest loser however I just entered my pitiful HH balance of 1,130,019
Embarrassed not to have burned more points
^

A frequent flyer understands the value of miles. But a true FTer understands the even higher value of burning them. My wife has over a million, also, and she's still a miser. This latest deval announcement finally got her to burn some.

Originally Posted by Ritz
This is quality stuff, lol. As a longtime HH loyalist, I'm also a big loser (though hardly close to the biggest). I agree that aside from us FT folks, there won't be 20,000 qualified HH individuals who will:

a - be aware of this
b - jump in on this
c - have the requisite points to bump most of the FT crowd out of the top 20K
Agreed. For some reason, I thought it only applied to the top 20, not the top 20K. You also forgot that you actually needed to have a PC membership as of 1/31. My guess is that FTers will clean up.

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
My 1K showed up pretty quick, within 24 hours. I am not the biggest loser for sure but I will take the 1K just the same. I wonder if Hilton will respond with some sort of additional promo etc.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Yes but let us not forget the geneoristy this individual received from HH
A free night was received for their loyalty devaluation good up to a category 6 property
Hope they use it before end of June when it turns into a pumpkin
If you wait until the end of June it will be a pumpkin. The free night expires 6-15.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 1:36 pm

If you wait until the end of June it will be a pumpkin. The free night expires 6-15.
Ouch perhaps one can make pumpkin pie then
Thanks for the extra warning!
Cheers
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Just imagine, a guy retires, and is looking forward to some travel after things settle down. And when he goes to book some awards, he finds out that Hilton nuked all his points because he didn't have a stay for 12 or 18 months. Just imagine the post he'll put up on FT.
This is pretty much what he was going for. He was a high end consultant for years and was planning on taking his wife on an around the world vacation for a year after retirement (which is in 6 months). He told me he still has plenty of points and miles over so many programs that he isn't worried, just that "the lack of consideration for years of loyalty really pisses me off". His words not mine, sorry if there are sensitive ears out there.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:33 pm

I thought the same thing however Indigo looks pretty good and is cheaper then Hampton Inn in some cities
Holiday Inn Express can actually be better then Hampton if you catch a new one.
I was in an old Hampton at JFK recently and I can say it was far from a good experience.I felt like I flew to a third world country and Hampton Inn might be your last resort for an American chain
Check out the new Holiday Inns (the ones with the new sign). I was very pleased with 2 of them recently--nicer than most Hamptons. I will continue to avoid the older ones though.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Well, with 600,000+ HH points, I feel pretty confident that I'll be in the top 20,000 of entrants. (After all, how many people are likely to enter, and how many of those are likely to have more points than 600,000?) So, I figure it's likely a quick easy 20,000 Priority Club points for me. Just entered.
Bummer, I just burned 125K for a AXON6, still have slightly less than 491K points.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Fascinating direct hit. ^ to Priority Club for being so straight-on.
+1 ^ to PC for doing this. They are winning my business back.

So, few questions. Can you resubmit (I have some Hilton stays coming up)? Can you submit your verification at a later time?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Bummer, I just burned 125K for a AXON6, still have slightly less than 491K points.

+1 ^ to PC for doing this. They are winning my business back.

So, few questions. Can you resubmit (I have some Hilton stays coming up)? Can you submit your verification at a later time?
I'm exactly where you are. I burned some points and still have
500K with a few paid stays at Hilton coming up.

This offer encouraged me to look at PC's properties in the areas to which I frequently travel. Hilton still has more of a variety in those areas for me.

I'm not sure how many people will actually submit their information for the 1000 points. I heard about this on CNBC and didn't even give it a second thought until I read Randy's post.

Bobette
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by GooCan
Check out the new Holiday Inns (the ones with the new sign). I was very pleased with 2 of them recently--nicer than most Hamptons. I will continue to avoid the older ones though.
Welcome To Flyertalk GooCan ^
thanks for the heads up any in particular you would like to mention?
Honored here to be your very first quoted poster
Just not Hilton Honored
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Awesome, thanks for posting! ^^^

David
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:36 pm

Lost something in your HHonors (R) account? Priority Club can help

email today:

Lost something?
GAIN BACK UP TO 2 MILLION POINTS!
Is your Hilton HHonors® account feeling lighter?
On January 15, Hilton® increased the cost of
their hotel rewards, effectively devaluing
HHonors points by about 20%.*

Priority Club® Rewards values your loyalty and
we’re here to help. Just tell us how many points
you’ve “lost” with HHonors, and you could gain
all of them back in Priority Club points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.