Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page > Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?
View Poll Results: As a Result of the Luckiest Loser Promotion, You Will or Intend To:
Become much more active in Priority Club and much less active in Hilton HHonors.
15.63%
Become more active in Priority Club and less active in Hilton HHonors.
46.88%
No change in activity.
33.59%
Become more active in Hilton HHonors and less active in Priority Club.
0.78%
Become much more active in Hilton HHonors and much less active in Priority Club.
0%
Other issues or circumstances, which I intend to state in this thread.
3.13%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

Old Feb 3, 10, 6:14 am
Original Poster
Founder of FlyerTalk

Yikes! "Luckiest Loser" tag for Honors?

It seems that the recent changes by HHonors also has their competition taking notice. This is highly unusual but very interesting. Look what IHG Priority Club has announced:
http://www.pointsloser.priorityclub....-luckiestloser
Old Feb 3, 10, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Ouch!

I like HH because of the coverage, but this is definitely the kind of thing that could tempt me, especially if Marriott came up with something similar.

Last edited by Motorskills; Feb 11, 10 at 4:32 pm
Old Feb 3, 10, 6:35 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , PC Gold, SPG Gold, Avis PC - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
I think this is a good move by Priority Club. Got me 1000 PC points!
Old Feb 3, 10, 7:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Wow! I've never seen a program do anything like this. Its nice for 1000 bonus points, but I don't knowo how many people on FT will qualify for the maximum points (20,000) since it seems most people burned through their HHonors points last month. The way I read it, you'd need 100,000 HHonors points in your account at the time you submitted the form to earn 20,000 PCR points. To bad my point total dropped to 5000 in one day

Still kudos to PC for this.
Old Feb 3, 10, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, MR Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very cool....signed up....
Old Feb 3, 10, 7:24 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
I actually like Priority Club and I am a Platinum Ambassador over there. They are good when they have properties in the areas that I need them. Some of their Crowne Plaza's are quite nice, and I like the Staybridge Suites that I have stayed in. Most of the Holiday Inns I have stayed at are very tired and I have had few chances to stay at an Intercontinental. The best things about their program is that it only takes 60,000 points for top tier, earned in any way inlcuding this promotion. They have plentiful promotions to get you there and they often have quite nice 5000 point redemptions at a number of great locations.

Definately worth it as a secondary program, though I don't know if I would choose it as my primary.
Old Feb 3, 10, 7:46 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, IHG Rewards Plat, Choice Priv Gld, Carlson Gold
Wow - In your face Hilton!

I have to admit that PC has really outdone themselves with this one. I too use PC as my secondary program. The point accumulation opportunities are amazing with the various promos they run and their flexible redemption (including the Anywhere hotel card) options are unequaled to my knowledge.

That said the other posters are right - they do have some problematic hotels. The difference though is that they know it and they are actively doing something about it. Rather than sink into lowering standards, point values, and general malaise they are raising their bar. They have been doing a lot of renovations and kicked out a number of hotels that don't make the cut. Its not there yet but given the amazing value I get from the program I'm happy.
Old Feb 3, 10, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
I registered immidiately, as I have ca. 900.000 points in my HH account.
Therefore I am a real loser! Chances should be high to make the top 20.000 !

FlyingLawyer has more than 2 mill. in his account and thus he is an even bigger loser than me !
Old Feb 3, 10, 8:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2.1MM, HHonors Diamond
Thanks for the link. I registered for the 1,000 points, although I'm unlikely to change my preference to staying at Hilton properties.
Old Feb 3, 10, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My wife has just over a million HH points. Not normally a good thing, but it'll help here.

Mike
Old Feb 3, 10, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-1K/MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Signed up.
Old Feb 3, 10, 10:11 am

Programs: United, HHonors Diamond, SPG, AvisFirst
Wow, nice marketing job by PC. Hope Hilton gets a clue. Wonder if others will follow?

I don't stay with PC too often (though stayed at a nice Crowne Plaza a few months back and will consider them a new option)
Old Feb 3, 10, 10:41 am

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SeaClay007 View Post
Thanks for the link. I registered for the 1,000 points, although I'm unlikely to change my preference to staying at Hilton properties.
Do you mean changing your preference to staying at IC Hotels properties?

sdcarver
Old Feb 3, 10, 11:29 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Plebe, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
thanks Randy and the neat thing is that the 1,000 points posted immediately
Old Feb 3, 10, 11:42 am

Programs: CO, US, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond
I obviously missed something. how did we "lose" HH points?

Search this Thread