Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2003, 1:13 am

Hmmm, the only thing that might keep me from calling would be another CNTU coming up, and folks having used AAGU being excluded from it.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 11:40 am

Hi, just called and was told "you're already gold all you get are the miles" called back and got extended to 2005 with new card on the way!
Old Jan 21, 2003, 2:12 pm

After being rejected for the second time on an AAGU extension, I received an e-mail from the CSR saying that she had checked with her supervisor and was able to place me on a "fast track to gold" promotion where I would could keep the gold status through this year with a requirement to stay at a Hilton property 4 times within the year. Her message said, "This does not extend your status but enables you to earn this tier level during the year." Now I'm really confused!
Old Feb 2, 2003, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
New Diamond card expires 4/2005

I just received a new Diamond packet with a card that expires 4/2005. I already had a Diamond card with a 4/2004 expiry date. I have no clue why they sent me a new one. Anyone else?
Old Feb 2, 2003, 6:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The gold card that just came over the weekend has a 2005 date on it too.

I think it's stupid to do that, there is no incentive at all to make the 16 stays for gold for 2004 next year if I already have it, or am close to it. I'm sure I'll do it without any trouble anyways, but if I was at say 13 stays I would have gotten the other three to make status, now people don't need to.
Old Feb 2, 2003, 7:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Even though it shows 4/05 are you sure it expires then? they could send u another one in 4/04
Old Feb 2, 2003, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by welookgood.com:
Even though it shows 4/05 are you sure it expires then? they could send u another one in 4/04</font>
They certainly could send me a new card next year with a different status on it if I don't requalify as Diamond. But why send me a card now with a 4/2005 date on it? I don't get their purpose. Maybe it's simply a printing mistake.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 7:46 am

Got my new HH Dia card w/ a 4/2005 expiration on it over the weekend as well. Don't think it really means anything...I think if you fail to qual for 2004 this year it will change your status next year... I think more up to date status can be found online or (surprise!) when you check in.

Old Feb 3, 2003, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
This reminds me of my AAA card. I paid for one year yet the card is good for three years; basically I guess its so they don't have to send me a new card each year but I still have to pay. If I don't pay and try to make a claim; they will input my number and see that my membership has lapsed.

Moving to the Hilton card, I would bet that they are doing the same thing; if you don't have the required stays, the card won't do you a bit of good after 4/04; even if you try to use it; when your HH number is shown, it will reflect the true elite level.

Old Feb 3, 2003, 11:56 am

From a Customer image perspective, I doubt Hilton will pull that trick. It is, what it is. I think it is more of the current and upcoming changes in the industry that are driving moves such as these.

G
Old Feb 3, 2003, 8:44 pm

The last three years when I have received my Diamond card, it has had an expiration date of two years in advance - but I remember reading somewhere in the fine print that it was truly only good through April of the following year. Example, my 2002 card had an expiration of 2004, 2001 card had an expiration of 2003, etc. I thought it was weird, but who am I to question it?
Old Feb 3, 2003, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Also noticed the new cards have no magnetic strips on them. I guess the CSRs will have to input them manually into the system, seems sort of retrograde to me.
Mike
Old Feb 3, 2003, 9:24 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
Also noticed the new cards have no magnetic strips on them. I guess the CSRs will have to input them manually into the system, seems sort of retrograde to me.
Mike
</font>
That's right! Mine doesn't have a MAG strip! However, my new Gold card says 2004.
Old Feb 10, 2003, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
Originally posted by milesfromheaven:
was told by a different CSR that I need to let my status revert back to silver in April and then call back on 5/1/03 when they can apply AAGU and extend the gold status. Does this sound right?</font>
It kind of does. But then it flies in the face of those who keep saying they got it until 2005.

My hypothesis: every time they enter the code, you get extended for one year. Most reps see the code in there and assume that's it, it's already there. What you were told would also jive with this theory.

So next time I get resistance, I'm going to see if I can convince the rep to enter it AGAIN, even if it is alreay there, right on top of the code that's already in there. If it works, I'll keep asking every time I call, and eventually get extended until the 2010's.
Hey Rut Dog, I just tried getting the CSR to put in AAGU again so I could have it extended until 2005 and I had no luck. I'm wondering if I should try with different CSRs or just call later this year. Anyone else have luck using AAGU twice?
Old Feb 11, 2003, 5:57 am

I noticed some fine print on the form letter accompanying the gold card issued after signing up for AAGU and being told the expiration date is 2005. Although the card does say 2005, the fine print says,
"P.S. To requalify for GOLD VIP in 2004, you'll need to have at least 16 qualifying HHonors stays, 36 nights or have earned 60K HHonors Base points in 2003."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.