FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 10, 2003, 1:12 pm
boobeary

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
Originally posted by milesfromheaven:
was told by a different CSR that I need to let my status revert back to silver in April and then call back on 5/1/03 when they can apply AAGU and extend the gold status. Does this sound right?</font>
It kind of does. But then it flies in the face of those who keep saying they got it until 2005.

My hypothesis: every time they enter the code, you get extended for one year. Most reps see the code in there and assume that's it, it's already there. What you were told would also jive with this theory.

So next time I get resistance, I'm going to see if I can convince the rep to enter it AGAIN, even if it is alreay there, right on top of the code that's already in there. If it works, I'll keep asking every time I call, and eventually get extended until the 2010's.
Hey Rut Dog, I just tried getting the CSR to put in AAGU again so I could have it extended until 2005 and I had no luck. I'm wondering if I should try with different CSRs or just call later this year. Anyone else have luck using AAGU twice?