Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two-Year Hilton Honors VIP Tier Expiration Date Extension: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2001, 1:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sa_boy:
Not to burst another bubble but do we really need another double miles promotion? I would much rather see double points. If I want airline miles I go on a mileage run</font>
You've gotta be kidding!?! If you need more HH points, simply convert your airline miles into points through the Reward Exchange.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 1:38 pm

Nope I am not kidding. With all the problems trying to post these double miles, I would prefer points. And I like using miles for airline tickets - thank you very much
Old Oct 23, 2001, 1:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sa_boy:
problems trying to post these double miles</font>
I'm wondering if your airline preference is UA or CO, since these two seem to give more trouble in terms of posting double miles associated with Hilton stays (not getting into the argument whether it's Hilton's or airline's fault). My airline preference is AA, and I had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with my double miles getting properly posted.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 2:26 pm

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
I was thrilled to receive this since my travel sharply declined this year. FWIW, I'd hold off assuming the rest of you won't receive yours - I just received mine moments ago. I'm sure their elite members are being broken into batches for the blast emails...
Old Oct 23, 2001, 2:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
I'm wondering if your airline preference is UA or CO, since these two seem to give more trouble in terms of posting double miles associated with Hilton stays (not getting into the argument whether it's Hilton's or airline's fault). My airline preference is AA, and I had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with my double miles getting properly posted.</font>
Like you, I never had a problem with AA or DL.

Here is a rule I follow. If I need miles, it goes to AA otherwise it goes to DL. Double the points.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 4:05 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
THANKS HILTON!!!!!!!
Old Oct 23, 2001, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
This is great! I was at 19 stays and 46 nights as of 9/11/01. I then had to cancel 5 stays/17 nights over the next 4 weeks and told NOT to reschedule or plan future travel. My projected travel for November and December has decreased to about 10 nights. Well Hilton has my loyalty for next year already in the bank. Since Diamond status is not typically comped, it's nice that they can see the loyalty involved in achieving that tier. THANKS HILTON!

------------------
Ken in Sacramento
Old Oct 23, 2001, 7:04 pm

hmm still waiting for mine. My colleagues got theirs yesterday and I have none. I am feeling left out, but must assume that the email is broken into parts

If nothing by EOW then I will email Hilton.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 200 ngts/ 200 legs/year:
hmm still waiting for mine. My colleagues got theirs yesterday and I have none. I am feeling left out, but must assume that the email is broken into parts

If nothing by EOW then I will email Hilton.</font>
According to "William" at Hilton Diamond reservations, the email is indeed going out in batches. Nevertheless, he assured me that all current Diamonds will get the same offer and will be enrolled in the bonus program automatically whether or not an email has been sent. An analogous offer has been made to existing Golds.
Old Oct 23, 2001, 8:37 pm

Anyone know if the number of nights gets doubled in addition to the stays? I hope it does...
Old Oct 23, 2001, 11:41 pm

Chetney I received the same letter you did with just 4 stays short of Diamond.

It is a gracious offer from Hilton, however, on the following thread the offer to those who are close to Gold sounds better than that available to those who have exceeded Gold but are just short of the Diamond level:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002820.html
e.g.
TravelWeary posted 10-23-2001 01:28 PM
Quote:
If your travel schedule makes it possible for you to meet the Gold VIP qualification requirement of 16 HHonors stays or 36 nights in 2001, you will receive double stay credit toward your 2003 HHonors VIP status for every HHonors stay you have between January 1 and March 31, 2002. If you are not able to meet the stay or night requirement, just stay once between November 1 and December 31, 2001, and you will receive double stay credit toward your 2003 HHonors VIP status for every HHonors stay you have in January 2002.
Unquote.

Do you think we will get the double stay credit for February and March without asking?
Old Oct 24, 2001, 5:01 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
Well, I qualifed for diamond in Feb last year, however I have not recieved the email. More to the point what is Diamond worth, when the benifits are being withdrawn. Double Miles are important to me as I earn on Virgin, who pay out 1000 per stay at hilton and doubletree, 2000 with the promo. Unless the cost of travel comes down in line with the drop of service I will stay at hampoton inns - you dont expect the use of a lounge there.
Old Oct 24, 2001, 6:42 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Chetney:
And just to show how inconsistent HHonors is, I have already requalified for Diamond next year, and did NOT receive the offer David did!</font>
Same here. Requalified for Diamond back in April/May this year, now staying with Starwoods (have 70+ nights with Hilton and 80+ nights with Starwood so far this year). A promo like this might have convinced me to go back to Hilton and requalify next year as well, but no promo-email = no incentive (SPG is way better than HHonors anyway)...
Old Oct 24, 2001, 9:58 am

Just received my email, but the paragraph regarding Diamond extension was missing eventhough I have been Diamond for 3 years. Any one else receive this one?

Dear Cobijonz,

I am writing today to say thank you, on behalf of Hilton HHonors
and the Hilton Family of Hotels, for your continued loyalty. We
recognize that today’s travelers are facing significant challenges
in light of increased security measures and general uncertainty,
and that many of our frequent guests have in fact had their travel
restricted in the weeks since September 11.

Additionally, I’d like to give you advance notice of a special Hilton
HHonors promotion scheduled to begin on January 1: an opportunity
to earn double miles for Double Dip® stays at any HHonors hotel
worldwide, between January 1 and March 31, 2002. Registration will
be required to participate in this special offer -- however, in recognition
of your loyalty to the Hilton Family of Hotels, we have pre-registered
you automatically. Please look for more details of this valuable offer
in the weeks to come.

[This message has been edited by Cobijonz (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old Oct 24, 2001, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta DM
I recieved an email from HHonors this morning. It mentions the double miles from Jan-March, but makes no mention of double credit towards status. As an earned Gold (22 stays) I'm a little ticked that people who have not yet reached Gold are getting the double credit offer. Has anyone else recieved the "lite" offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.