Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The January 2010 Sale: Up to 33% in the Americas; 50% on Weekends Elsewhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The January 2010 Sale: Up to 33% in the Americas; 50% on Weekends Elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:40 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hilton Worldwide January Sale - Get away for up to 33% less

Book all your weekend getaways in the Americas for 2010 by January 31st. You'll receive up to 33% off select weekend rates when you stay any Friday through Sunday at participating hotels and resorts.

Travel to Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa and save 50% off select weekend rates.

Visit http://www.Hilton.com/sale for more details.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:57 pm

Thanks very much for the heads up, however, this information is available on hilton's front page & nested here.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
While I appreciate having a corporate representative, this post is really just advertising - which I'm pretty sure isn't permitted under the Flyertalk TOS.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I think that a number of properties have reviewed their potential income and increased the B&B rate to allow for an increased income with 50% off the relevant rate - Dublin Kilmainham was going for a fabulous €47.50 in the first few days, but is now sitting at €67.50 for the 50% off rate.
I was also of the opinion that prices were raised.

PS: The same with Hyatt where the prices at "my" hotels dramatically sky rocked as of today
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Full prepayment required. I'm sure there are some good deals out there but the first hotel I tried where I already have a booking (HGI LAX) the AAA rate was lower than this and no prepayment.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I see now that I am not alone in being underwhelmed by this sale. The fine print makes the deal even less attractive for Flyertalkers who almost always have status. This promo applies to bed & breakfast rates (which are usually significantly higher than AAA rates or MVP, etc.). Golds and Diamonds get breakfast anyway. So it leaves us with 20% off the BAR for Hampton or 15% for Embassy. Ho... hum...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
While I appreciate having a corporate representative, this post is really just advertising - which I'm pretty sure isn't permitted under the Flyertalk TOS.
Nonsense...

Have you ever heard of William on the SPG board?

mike
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
The big question is if this is combineable with the stay-on-us promo.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Nonsense...

Have you ever heard of William on the SPG board?

mike
Both of you have good points. I'm happy that there is a HH rep contributing to the forum and we're getting a heads up on promos (although this "heads up" seemed silly as it was days or weeks too late). The problem was her language and tone. It read just like advertising copy, which it was. It might seem less so if she engaged more regularly on this forum and provided useful help ala William at SPG.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 7:57 pm

*wood Lurker does not open threads to announce well known sales promos!

@ MIKESILV

If *wood Lurker opens a new thread, he most likely offers a sneak peak of upcomming promotions which is not available at spg sources, eg:

Announcing SPG's Q1 Promotion: More Nights = More Rewards
2009 SPG Promotional Opportunity for Gold and Platinum Members
PROMO: Get Closer to Paradise! (North & South America) EAME added Sept 1

and he answers questions!

IMO to compare William R. Sanders' contribution in quantity & quality to the performance of HHonorsRepresentative is out of touch!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:08 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Stripe
Both of you have good points. I'm happy that there is a HH rep contributing to the forum and we're getting a heads up on promos (although this "heads up" seemed silly as it was days or weeks too late). The problem was her language and tone. It read just like advertising copy, which it was. It might seem less so if she engaged more regularly on this forum and provided useful help ala William at SPG.
I think you summed it up quite nicely. The effort by Hilton is appreciated but in this thread I dont see the point as it is old news.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

As no new information was added to the newer January sale thread, both threads have now been merged together.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I'm HH Gold but am not using this promo - as a casual traveler I simply don't book room rates that require prepayment to get the deal.

However, thought I'd warn others who do: we just learned the 10-nights-get-one-free promo (see thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...2010-a-20.html )

is excluding the Jan room rate deal. Thought I'd give a heads-up to anyone who's interested in both promos.

(I mean...I'm glad they're doing 2 promos, but the 10-for-1 suffers compared to other programs, and to make them exclusive? Sigh. This doesn't do much to offset the devaluation, IMO.)
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
The January sale was a heck of a deal. The Florida property I was looking at was discounted 27%--almost $50 per night. Since yesterday, while I was trying to confirm that the rate qualifies for points and status, the rates have all increased $20 per night. Since I already had the AAA rate booked before the increase, the January sale is no longer looking so good... Wish I had decided yesterday.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:46 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I have the Conrad Singapore booked and was thinking of moving Crowne Plaza and a Fairmont stays to either Hilton or Conrad, but the Jan Sale rates have gone up significantly since my original booking, making it a better deal to stay where I am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.