FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   The January 2010 Sale: Up to 33% in the Americas; 50% on Weekends Elsewhere (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1029580-january-2010-sale-up-33-americas-50-weekends-elsewhere.html)

HILTON-VIP Dec 19, 2009 9:23 am

The January 2010 Sale: Up to 33% in the Americas; 50% on Weekends Elsewhere

Hi

Just noticed on Hilton site that there is to be a January Sale, am just getting ready to book a few stays for early in the New Year, does anyone know what the sale is going to be and when it will begin as i was going to book before the year end.

pinniped Dec 19, 2009 9:26 am

You never know what it'll be. Might affect your stays, might not. Usually I've found that the mass-marketed "sales" either don't affect my stays or - best case - they save me a couple bucks. The Visa Signature 25% off sale has genuinely saved me about 5-10% on a couple stays.

Book your best available flexible rates now and then check once the promo is announced. No need to wait and risk losing any good promotions that are there now...just don't book a nonrefundable rate.

HILTON-VIP Dec 19, 2009 9:29 am

That sounds like good advice, Thanks

Hhonor Gguard Dec 19, 2009 1:43 pm

OK, I don't have the memo in front of me, but from what I recall:

Reservations need to be booked in January for a 15% discount on all weekends in 2010. Advance purchase. Family-wide sale, certain blackout dates apply as loaded by each property.

That's about the gist of it, I might be fuzzy.

freakazoid Dec 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Isn't advanced purchase by design already 20%?

Fims Dec 19, 2009 2:31 pm

15% sale seems more like a joke. 50% off like last year sale, that would be reasonable.

nissan motor Dec 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 13019871)
15% sale seems more like a joke. 50% off like last year sale, that would be reasonable.

Yup! 15 % and non-refundable is a no no no for me :rolleyes:

Flying Lawyer Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13019975)

If I want to have a non refundable rate I use PR13CB and this gives me a heavy discount from their non refundable rates (even if these are not available and on short notice) at several places worldwide. No need for a fake sale.

ORDnHKG Dec 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 13019871)

Yep I agree. ^

Unless it is something like the beginning of this year for Conrad 50% sale, I wouldn't care about at all.

Wexflyer Dec 19, 2009 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard (Post 13019680)
OK, I don't have the memo in front of me, but from what I recall:

Reservations need to be booked in January for a 15% discount on all weekends in 2010. Advance purchase. Family-wide sale, certain blackout dates apply as loaded by each property.

That's about the gist of it, I might be fuzzy.

I hope your memory is not 100% (sorry!), as this is just a joke!

Kiwi Flyer Dec 20, 2009 11:56 am

Originally Posted by nissan motor (Post 13019975)

Agree. Too high a risk of needing to make changes plus the opportunity cost of lower rates being advertised later means I need a much bigger saving to lock in non-refundable rooms.

anabolism Dec 20, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 13022053)
If I want to have a non refundable rate I use PR13CB and this gives me a heavy discount from their non refundable rates (even if these are not available and on short notice) at several places worldwide. No need for a fake sale.

Sadly this doesn't seem to do anything at the Hilton Berlin.

I see something about a 25% discount for a Visa Signature card. Can this be used for a June (2010) stay? If so, I'll get one of those.

Fims Dec 22, 2009 9:18 am

I see that some of January sales are already loaded, seems like up to 50% off best flex, incl. breakfast. Hilton Phuket going at 40.63 EUR for example. Checked late-March dates.

divemistressofthedark Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am

They've extended the 25% Visa sale a couple times now.

FYI - the WN Visa offered by Chase comes in a Signature flavor, and allows one to double dip, should one not already possess a HH Surpass card. Although I personally have booked the ressie using WN Visa, then paid at the property with Surpass.

Flying Lawyer Dec 22, 2009 10:36 am

Very good rates for Berlin, good for all of 210. In particular the suite rates are very nice.