Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Policy 50% off kids room

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Family Policy 50% off kids room

The "Family Policy" says that a second room for the kids is only 50% of the price. However when you then choose 2 rooms (with 2adults+2kids) it keeps it at full price. How do you get it to give the discount? Or do they give you a credit/refund at the hotel?
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
The "Family Policy" says that a second room for the kids is only 50% of the price. However when you then choose 2 rooms (with 2adults+2kids) it keeps it at full price. How do you get it to give the discount? Or do they give you a credit/refund at the hotel?
A recent thread noted the family policy on the UK web site, but no reference to it anywhere else. Are you trying to book in the UK? If so, you might need to call, it could be that the web site does not handle that. I would not wait until getting to the property to try and get it sorted.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Yep. Trying to book in the UK for a UK property. The policy pops up whenever you select children in the drop down menu. Will call it in but wanted to avoid that because I'm using a corporate rate which is obviously going to look odd on a kids room!
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Yep. Trying to book in the UK for a UK property. The policy pops up whenever you select children in the drop down menu. Will call it in but wanted to avoid that because I'm using a corporate rate which is obviously going to look odd on a kids room!
It's possible that the family plan does work on all rates. It might also not be possible to book online. I tried a dummy booking on the UK site, I picked two rooms, but would not allow me to select 0 adults/2 children in the second. FWIW, I've used corp rates before when I took my family on business trips with me, so it might not raise any flags.

I've searched a bit, and found three references to the 2nd room half price deal for kids. The first one is on the UK site, and seems to be a permanent deal. The T&C page is very sparse, other than listing a couple dozen properties that are excluded (mostly island resorts and middle east hotels). Not that it matters in this specific instance, but this would imply that the rate is generally available outside of the UK.

The other two are on the US site, and are time limited promotions, ending Dec. 31. (here and here).
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I'll just phone the general reservations phoneline to make the reservation.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 1:57 am

You need to call the "dedicated family line "

0800-3680007

http://www.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb/app...lusterId=60347
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by djk7
The other two are on the US site, and are time limited promotions, ending Dec. 31. (here and here).
The first link is on the US site, and states (in the fine print) "To book a family room, or a second room at half price for your children, call the dedicated booking line at 00800 44 45 86 67." The phone number looks like a UK number.

The second link is on the Doubletree UK site, and states "kids stay for free when sharing your room, or can have a second room for half price" and "* to make a family booking please call our reservation centre on 0870 896 0606." Again, this is a UK phone number.

I noted in this thread that "Hilton Barbados offered the second room for half-price for my kids a couple of years ago. I found the info on the Hilton UK site, called the Diamond Desk, and they were able to make the reservation for me. They did mention it needed an "unusual" booking code. Definitely cannot book this online." The offer is not limited to the UK, but I don't know how far it extends.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Its not valid on a corporate rate (according to the guy on phoneline). I emailed the hotel, as I'm regular there, and said I'm bringing the family so need a 2nd room and so what is the best way of booking it. Await the response.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Its not valid on a corporate rate (according to the guy on phoneline). I emailed the hotel, as I'm regular there, and said I'm bringing the family so need a 2nd room and so what is the best way of booking it. Await the response.
Try calling again - another agent may be more helpful. My rate in Barbados was not a corporate rate, but was a heavily discounted promotional rate, and the kids rate was half of the discounted rate.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 6:05 am
Original Poster

In the end they let me upgrade the standard corp rate room to a massive family room for a few quid extra. So I went with that ather than 2 rooms.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Silver, HH Diamond
Anyone has experience how forthcoming this policy is?
I'd like to take the au-pair, too... WIll I still get a discount for the second room?
Before blowing any chances, I'd like to ask the community if anybody had success or not..
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by t_no
Anyone has experience how forthcoming this policy is?
I'd like to take the au-pair, too... WIll I still get a discount for the second room?
Before blowing any chances, I'd like to ask the community if anybody had success or not..
I'm very interested in this promo too if someone can provide updated info on it
Old Nov 23, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Doubletree Milton Keynes.

The Hotel want to charge £10 for a rollaway for my 10 year old son per night.

????

Last edited by Skimanant; Nov 23, 2012 at 8:05 am
Old Nov 23, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Skimanant
Doubletree Milton Keynes.

I am fuming!

"kids stay and eat for free when sharing a room with their parents"- I understand there are age limits to this.

However, the Hotel want to charge £10 for a rollaway for my 10 year old son per night.

????
They are free as long as you use existing bedding for your kids. Get a room with 2 beds then there will be no extra charge. If you request a rollaway bed, they can charge for it. They aren't charging for your child. Just for the use of the rollaway.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG plat; HH diam, MR gold, AA gold, Marco Polo gold and some others
The 50% off kids room is a benefit I love, and use a lot.

This year I have used it at the Conrad Tokyo, Conrad Hong Kong, Hilton Wangfujing, Hilton Antwerp, Rome Cavalieri and at the London Park Lane (checking in there in December though). But I have used it at many other hotels as well.

This is the link.

A few tips come to mind:

1. If you call the HH desk to reserve 2 rooms, both rooms will have the "normal" non discounted rate. The 50% off is usually mentioned in the comments area.
2. Do check your reservations, because the hotel will change the rate for 1 of the rooms.
3. If not, then contact the hotel and ask for the rate change using the link above, or, skip steps 1 and 2 and work with the hotel directly.
4. We usually reserve a suite and a connecting room; we pay the normal rate for the suite and get 50% off the room rate. That 50% should be based on the room rate, not on the suite rate.
5. Sometimes it is cheaper to get a prepaid rate, but we prefer flexible rates. The promo doesn't work with prepaid rates, but with flexible rates (with or without breakfast/dinner.)

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.