Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Bora Bora {PYF} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by pepper212
Just tried to upgrade to a OWB for a stay end of June and was only offered pool villas which is too spendy for us-- are we out of luck? Is there any sort of waitlist/do they become available?

We are also diamond members and hoping for a space available upgrade, but it's our honeymoon and my fiance doesn't want to roll the dice.
Did you ask them if they have any standard OWB or Deluxe OWB available? On my initial inquiry with CBB for a room upgrade they only offered me Pool OWB which were 118,000 XPF per night. I asked them directly if they had anything lower and they replied with an offer for a Deluxe OWB for 45,000 XPF per night, which we took. You should be able to do a search on the Hilton website for CBB during the dates of your stay and see if anything lower than Pool OWB shows up, it'll give you some indication of availability.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
It literally changes by the day. If available your odds are good, however I would not count on it as June is high season and the resort will likely be full. If you are dead set on having a particular room you will want to pay for the upgrade.
Sorry just to clarify-- I am looking for a paid upgrade to a regular or deluxe overwater, and just asking if anyone has experience with those becoming available over time
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:02 pm

Staying 6 nights in Sept and was offered this: We paid for the deluxe overwater villa and as diamond hoping for the overwater pool villa.Overwater Villa is at the additional cost of only 32 800 Xpf + taxes per night

Deluxe Overwater Villa is at the additional cost of only 40 000 Xpf + taxes per night

Overwater Villa with Poool is at the additional cost of only 90 400 Xpf + taxes per night
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:53 am

Last night in Bora Bora. I made the mistake of staying at the Four Seasons Bora Bora before moving to the Conrad as the Four Seasons outshines the Conrad in virtually every category. Food and service are two areas of significant weakness here at the Conrad.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Staying here next week on points. Currently confirmed in a standard King Lagoon View Suite. As a datapoint, just received the following eStandby upgrade offers via email (upgrade prices are per night):
Pool Overwater Villa: 113,000 XPF
Sunset View Overwater Pool Villa: 127,000 XPF
Royal Pool Overwater Villa: 255,000 XPF

I think I'll hold out an see if I get lucky with a complimentary upgrade. Having done the overwater rooms in the past elsewhere, frankly I'd be happy with just an upgrade to a garden villa.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:09 pm

For those who have been here, is it worth the time/effort to go to Matira beach from Conrad?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:32 pm

Booked for my wife and I on points for July. Our nanny just died so now want to bring our daughter. I called the Diamond Desk and they said they could add her (she's 12) to the reservation without needing to rebook it. When it never updated in our account to show 3 people rather than 2, I called back. On the second call I was told that it was not possible to add our daughter to the reservation without rebooking and if they try to cancel and rebook the hotel is not available. I asked if they could see that I'd previously been told to the contrary and they said they could see I call but not there are no notes to show what was done on the call or to see what I was told. I'm used to inaccurate information from general customer service but I expect more knowledgeable customer service from the Diamon Desk. Which version is accurate? We'd still like to go but we now need to include our daughter.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by JackSanibel
Booked for my wife and I on points for July. Our nanny just died so now want to bring our daughter. I called the Diamond Desk and they said they could add her (she's 12) to the reservation without needing to rebook it. When it never updated in our account to show 3 people rather than 2, I called back. On the second call I was told that it was not possible to add our daughter to the reservation without rebooking and if they try to cancel and rebook the hotel is not available. I asked if they could see that I'd previously been told to the contrary and they said they could see I call but not there are no notes to show what was done on the call or to see what I was told. I'm used to inaccurate information from general customer service but I expect more knowledgeable customer service from the Diamon Desk. Which version is accurate? We'd still like to go but we now need to include our daughter.
That seems crazy to me. I’ve booked hotel rooms so many times under just my name out of laziness and my wife obviously came with me and wasn’t denied staying. Nothing should fundamentally change adding your daughter to your room so long as the room you booked can accommodate the extra person (and I believe all CBB rooms can hold at least 3, even the OWBs). Maybe contact Conrad directly? But I’d personally take the “ask for forgiveness, not for permission” in this case. 🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by JackSanibel
You are good. Just show up and don’t bring up the issue again. I never put more than one person in any reservation I make. Never had an issue. Our daughter is 13.

TD
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:35 am

Would Air Tahiti notice if a checked bag is a little big dimension wise? My bag is at United’s 62in limit, which is above Air Tahiti’s 59in limit.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by TravelPointsMeow
Would Air Tahiti notice if a checked bag is a little big dimension wise? My bag is at United’s 62in limit, which is above Air Tahiti’s 59in limit.
They never measured any of our 4 checked bags (two per person), just weighed them. They didn't measure or weigh our carry-ons.
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just arrived in PPT last night. Not a single COVID-related piece of documentation (neither test results, vaccine card, or the sworn statement) was reviewed upon arrival. That being said, I'd still recommend having printed copies of everything. WiFi and cell data coverage in the airport was spotty.

-FlyerBeek
This is very interesting and nice to see. Hopefully we can just get rid of these testing requirements all together. Science already supports testing doesn't do anything to stop a spread.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
They never measured any of our 4 checked bags (two per person), just weighed them. They didn't measure or weigh our carry-ons.

That’s good to know thanks.

How much was a 2nd bag per person checked?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TravelPointsMeow
That’s good to know thanks.

How much was a 2nd bag per person checked?
No additional fee for multiple bags. You can split your weight allowance across multiple bags - they weighed all 4 bags together and we ended up paying an additional ~25 USD (3-4 USD/kg) for the extra weight that was over the limit for 2. They accept USD/XPF/VISA/MC but no Amex at the counter.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by pzpa
No additional fee for multiple bags. You can split your weight allowance across multiple bags - they weighed all 4 bags together and we ended up paying an additional ~25 USD (3-4 USD/kg) for the extra weight that was over the limit for 2. They accept USD/XPF/VISA/MC but no Amex at the counter.
So the checked bag dimensions don’t matter in that case? I thought that would limit it to just 1 bag; like if all bags combined had to fit within those dimensions. That’s good to know for say figuring out if the higher Z class for higher weight limit is worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.