Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the highest mileage vehicle Hertz has tried to give you?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:58 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by sweeper20
Our worst car in (our branch) fleet with Enterprise as an MT was a Chevy Geo with 48K on it in 2000...that car was a dog and no one would add it
Which model of Geo? There were at least 3, the Metro, Storm, and Tracker (possibly others).

I had a Storm as my vehicle and it was great while it lasted. I rented a Metro in Honolulu back in 1993. Came close to buying a Tracker in 1996.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Originally Posted by aztimm
Which model of Geo? There were at least 3, the Metro, Storm, and Tracker (possibly others).

I had a Storm as my vehicle and it was great while it lasted. I rented a Metro in Honolulu back in 1993. Came close to buying a Tracker in 1996.
I believe it was the Prism
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I just got a Chevy Impala at JFK with 58,989 on it.

Oh let me guess. Was this the worst car they had, for a one-way to Chicago?
Nah it was a 1 day trip dropped off at JFK. It wasn't in bad shape though just a ton of miles.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Hard to believe Hertz still has cars from 2012 available for rent
After having the 2012 fusion I noted two weeks ago, I picked up a 2011 Camry tonight at BNA. And stranger yet, it has only 22k miles on it. Did this car get forgotten somewhere for a couple of years??
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BDL Flyer
After having the 2012 fusion I noted two weeks ago, I picked up a 2011 Camry tonight at BNA. And stranger yet, it has only 22k miles on it. Did this car get forgotten somewhere for a couple of years??
What's the story the shady used car salesmen always tell? A little old lady had it and only drove it to the grocery store once a week for 10 years?

Meanwhile, I rented from Avis in OMA over the weekend. So strange seeing a rental car with 18,000 miles on it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:32 am

Most likely was subleased/subrented to a smaller company on a long term rental. It is odd that it has such low mileage though.. my family friend used to have a rental car 365 days/year as his company car because the company drove something like 80k/year on its fleet cars. (sales up and down the i95 corridor)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Lunamoth
65,000 in Kansas City last fall. It was a vw wagon. It felt like an employee had switched my rental car with his/her beater.

Just one in a string of Hertz head scratchers this year.
I think she made her way to ATL in December and was assigned to me. Got a gray, Texas plated Jetta Wagon with 67K miles on the high score table.

Seem every car I get lately out of ATL lately has a minimum of 40K miles on it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Mid/upper 50K range. I believe it was a Nissan Altima at a small regional airport. This was a franchise station. For a Hertz corporate station I was offered a 2012 Altima (summer 2014) with nearly 60K miles on it. I went to the Gold counter and said this was not acceptable. I got a lower mileage car but no upgrade. So much for being PC (based on earning it).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Picked up my rental at GSO on Sunday and got a 2013 Kia Optima. Only had 26K on it, which really surprised me.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:24 am

Taurus @ LGA - 65k, swapped to a maxima with 53k a few months ago.. then had another maxima rental a few weeks later with 35k. Does hertz just throw all their high mileage worn out cars in NY because of the roads? I don't think I've seen a vehicle go past 25k miles til I started renting from hertz in NY a few months ago. I probably rented from them a year ago before then and I remember it to be fine.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blsnk
Does hertz just throw all their high mileage worn out cars in NY because of the roads? I don't think I've seen a vehicle go past 25k miles til I started renting from hertz in NY a few months ago. I probably rented from them a year ago before then and I remember it to be fine.
Dunno... I see a lot of people complain about high miles. I usually rent out of Sarasota/Bradenton Florida and I mostly get low mileage vehicles. The only high mileage vehicles I can think of that I got from there were for one way trips and rewards rentals (from a HLE).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: CX GO, HH Gold, IHG Plat
On a positive note, I got a fully-loaded 2015 Chrysler 200 with 7 miles at SJC 2 weeks ago. Made up for the 50K+ 2012 Chrysler 200 at DEN 2 months ago.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:37 pm

I got a 14' Kia Sorento today with 43k miles on it. The miles don't bother me, but the scrape down more than half of the driver's side of the vehicle does. The only free upgrade is the Sirius. I asked if they had something else, and they didn't.

They made me return my Cadillac after 11 weeks of renting because they said it had been sold. It had 54k miles on it when I dropped it off today.

I don't think I'll be keeping the Sorento for long.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm in Houston. I usually rent in Florida.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold 5 *
I reserved a c6 at Sfo, but I was given a dated camaro instead.

It was a 2013 red camaro with 46k miles. Left mirror had been replaced without a paint job, interior was worn and dirty, ironically, placed with a clean certification from hertz.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:45 pm
SLV

Offered 34k Impala, was able to swap to 16!!! miles 2015 cruze

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.