Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List your Free car upgrades here (Outside of Ultimate Choice)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 3:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
LAX
Reserved: C
Received: F6 Altima.

Decided I wanted something with XM so declined the buy-up offers from the website and went to Gold Choice and picked a 2013 Chevy Cruze LT with 3,500 miles on the odo.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: Cards with lots of logos on them
FPO
President's Circle
Reserved: Class C
Received: 2006 Toyota Yaris with 68k miles

I didn't know out here on the island they kept their cars for so long. Didn't get an upgrade and they over charged me...
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
SFO
- Booked F
- No options
- Upgraded - Once again was given a GMC Acada (L4) with SAT. I do not like driving large SUV's if it is just myself with no luggage. This is the third time in the past 3 weeks that they have done that. I went inside and they had a Hyundai Sonata (YF) w/ SAT and only 1206 miles. I'd just like to have a car at the end of the day unless I'm in mountains or the snow.

They once again stated they did not have any G cars available as they were all booked. The garage was once again over flowing with cars... just mostly mid-size and full-size ones.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club, Priority Club
Bethlehem PA - Easton HLE
Booked B
No options
Upgraded - C - 2011 Corolla w/CO plates and 44000+ miles. 6/8 of gas tank.

This makes 3/3 bad experiences in the last 2 months in this location. I'd hate to start renting from Enterprise but may have to.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:15 am
pdb

BOS
Pres Circle
Reserved: F
Assigned: Nissan Maxima, but due to my hanging out in the Admirals Club upon arrival, that was then xcld
Received: Volvo S80...great--thanks! (w/ Neverlost, but no SAT...I thought all of the luxury cars came with SAT)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
IAD (one-way to Falls Church, VA)
Intermediate (C)
None
2011 Chevrolet Impala LT (F) w/ NL; 41926 miles; mfd 05/2011; Quebec plates
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum/*G (pmCO Plat, once upon a time), ZE President's Circle, Marriott Gold, AA, BT, DL, PS
Nice, not bad at all! (Also, didn't know that Canadian-registered cars could be used on US domestic rentals)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ectuohy
(Also, didn't know that Canadian-registered cars could be used on US domestic rentals)
I didn't realize this either.

Also, the Impala uses the same set of numbers for metric and English measurements (rather than displaying both Kmph and Mph on the gauges), so I was having a bit of fun making the needle jump from 60(mph) to 100(kmph) with the touch of a button.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:32 am

I was given a Quebec car in NY a few months ago; I saw it come in as a one-way and they gave it a quick wash and rented it to me.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/*G (pmCO Plat, once upon a time), ZE President's Circle, Marriott Gold, AA, BT, DL, PS
Interesting! I know it's OT here, but I wonder how they get them back to Canada; to re-plate them in the US, Hertz would have to go through the formal import process, which is a bureaucratic hassle. (maybe there are occasional one-way deals to YUL or YYZ?)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:51 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by ectuohy
Interesting! I know it's OT here, but I wonder how they get them back to Canada; to re-plate them in the US, Hertz would have to go through the formal import process, which is a bureaucratic hassle. (maybe there are occasional one-way deals to YUL or YYZ?)
They will try to get them up to BUF. There are tons of one ways up to Ontario from there, and vice versa.

Brian
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by briantoronto
They will try to get them up to BUF. There are tons of one ways up to Ontario from there, and vice versa.

Brian
Aha, makes sense. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: National Exec, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, AAdvantage Gold
GON (Groton, CT HLE / Private Flight)
Five Star
Reserved: F
Assigned: Dodge Journey (L)
Accepted: VW Jetta (YC) with 9k on the clock -- Yes I downgraded myself but it was worth it as it was easily the best non-SUV they had on the lot. Drove it in "manual" mode the whole weekend.

Last edited by roymustang; Dec 5, 2012 at 11:20 am
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:13 am

HLE Exchange Place (Jersey City, NJ)
Reserved: A
Received: YB 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LT (5 door) with XM and 12,000 miles on the odo.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
HLE Exchange Place (Jersey City, NJ)
Reserved: A
Received: YB 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LT (5 door) with XM and 12,000 miles on the odo.
I'm sure you'll like that better than the Aveo I had a Sonic sedan not too long ago and I was pretty pleased with it (considering I was expecting nothing lol). (Here's a preview for the ride report )

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.